Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#17,521 ·
Found MY zombie escape truck! LOL I know the pic is dark, but the thing has like a 4-6" lift and its the mega cab!

#17,524 ·
Raptor0206 said:
Cool, did you use the tcase drop or do an sye? Im still on the fence what i should do. I think i might order a adjustable front track bar also
I did the t case drop at first then just last month did the sye.

I didn't do the adj front track bar but I did (or rather Khris did) gusset the rear track bar bracket)

I also used the wheel spacers on all four corners to widen out the stance a bit

#17,525 ·
MMCKEIG said:
I did the t case drop at first then just last month did the sye.

I didn't do the adj front track bar but I did (or rather Khris did) gusset the rear track bar bracket)

I also used the wheel spacers on all four corners to widen out the stance a bit
And it rides and flexs well. On road maners are good, even with my heft throwing off the balance going down the road.

Sent by my imagination

#17,526 ·
Darn floors are already dirty! Need to hire a maid to keep them looking fresh!

Oh, this all fell back into place! Well I shouldn't say fell... 2 bolts flat out kicked my butt! One was on the starter cause the new headers are right in the way so that age old practice of 1/8th turn with open end wrench, flip wrench over, 1/8th turn, repeat, repeat, repeat to thread 1/2" worth of bolt slack in sucked! Next time the motor is out the header collector might get a small dent in it. LOL The other bolt that gave me a fight was one of the motor mount bolts, it was a pain to say the least! Funny part is once it was in, it was perfect... It just didn't want to be perfect!

Oh and this all kinda fell apart last night too... Notice it's facing the opposite direction finally! It looks strange not seeing the bumper facing the garage door!

#17,527 ·
I soooo need to head back over to your place but you never called so... :pout:

#17,529 ·
Well fine then, maybe I will just come by to drink Mt. Dew and watch you build stuff.

#17,530 ·
Darn floors are already dirty! Need to hire a maid to keep them looking fresh!

Oh, this all fell back into place! Well I shouldn't say fell... 2 bolts flat out kicked my butt! One was on the starter cause the new headers are right in the way so that age old practice of 1/8th turn with open end wrench, flip wrench over, 1/8th turn, repeat, repeat, repeat to thread 1/2" worth of bolt slack in sucked! Next time the motor is out the header collector might get a small dent in it. LOL The other bolt that gave me a fight was one of the motor mount bolts, it was a pain to say the least! Funny part is once it was in, it was perfect... It just didn't want to be perfect!

Oh and this all kinda fell apart last night too... Notice it's facing the opposite direction finally! It looks strange not seeing the bumper facing the garage door!

At first, I was reading this and though "this is unacceptable, its starting to look like a truck again"

Then i saw the last picture, and though "ah, thats more like it"

#17,532 ·
Well fine then, maybe I will just come by to drink Mt. Dew and watch you build stuff.
Won't be happening much this weekend. The sugar daddy is flying in on friday afternoon and we're going race suit shopping and I think he's picking up his helmet and the helmet for his wife along with harnesses for the truck and skirts for the helmets too. The best part is the vendor we're shopping at should be bringing their topkick with 42' trailer by my house friday night so rather then going to the shop, we'll just walk out to the drive way and go shopping in the trailer full of goodies! LOL Basically they're swinging by the house with this to check out the truck and to let us spend some money.

Sat we're gonna take my truck to laughlin in the dirt to watch some racing down there and then if all goes well return via dirt also but taking different trails on the way home. Sunday we might work on the truck a little but not 100% sure.

#17,533 ·
LOL, as soon as I get one part looking semi legit I get paranoid and tear something else apart! It was sitting on the ground yesterday when I got home from work. That last picture is how it's sitting right now.
garage is looking clean.

#17,534 ·
by my house friday night so rather then going to the shop, we'll just walk out to the drive way and go shopping in the trailer full of goodies! LOL Basically they're swinging by the house with this to check out the truck and to let us spend some money.
So take off Friday and hang out at your house. Got it. :rofl:

#17,535 ·
I'm already trying to figure out how to rearrange my remaining vacation days off and have none to spare. As it is I think I'm going to cut my planned xmas holiday 2 days short cause I neglected to remember to save 2 days for the week of our first race. Crappy part is our first race is on a Sat and well, 2 days later on that monday, I'll have 3 weeks of vacation lined up again. LOL but how I have it now I'd have to take that thurs and fri off without pay for the race cause I did my long term days off planning wrong. Whoops!

#17,539 ·
Wanted to see if any of you guys would be interested in this stuff before I go push it elsewhere.

CJ7 style Aluminum storage tailgate. Was going to use it to replace the OE CJ7 tailgate on my LJ, but never got around to it. This one was built by Aqualu. Also a pair of Genright TJ/LJ windshield guards. PM me if interested.

Ricky

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.