Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 875 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #13111
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
The Cobra 75 WX ST might fit your needs Greg, don't really have to mount anything but a small box under the dash. I've got one in my rig, you are welcome to check it out if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-4.../dp/B00005N5WW
X2! I really like mine

__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #13112
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,766
I had a great time guys. I really enjoyed myself. I'll have to get a cb for the truck. What is ironic is I didn't have a cb yet I had no issues.

Puck was on his way up when he started having fuel issues. Most likely vapor lock. He turned back just a few miles in. Made it home alright.

Today I go look at a rolled zj with less than 50,000 mi. Hopefully I will be jeeping again soon instead of making 3 point turns in my truck.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #13113
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
The Cobra 75 WX ST might fit your needs Greg, don't really have to mount anything but a small box under the dash. I've got one in my rig, you are welcome to check it out if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-4.../dp/B00005N5WW
I have this radio too and I know a few others that do as well. No complains about it. The bad reviews are from tards who probably hooked it up wrong, not the equipments fault.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #13114
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Today I go look at a rolled zj with less than 50,000 mi. Hopefully I will be jeeping again soon instead of making 3 point turns in my truck.
If it has 3.73 gears on the front axle and it's not all fawkered up from the roll over I'd like to get that from you
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #13115
mr4x4
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nevada
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
If it has 3.73 gears on the front axle and it's not all fawkered up from the roll over I'd like to get that from you
I have my front axle that came out of my zj it had 3.73 gears in it
__________________
94 stock zj and a 95 zj with a 5.5" lift with 35" bfg km2 a rear currie 9in with 4.56 gears an arb and 35spine axle shafts and 4.56 gears in the front Hp30 super30 kit arb 4.1 low range transfercase
mr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #13116
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I have this radio too and I know a few others that do as well. No complains about it. The bad reviews are from tards who probably hooked it up wrong, not the equipments fault.
The only bad thing I've heard of it is the speaker goes out easily. I just added an external speaker....
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #13117
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

The only bad thing I've heard of it is the speaker goes out easily. I just added an external speaker....
I added an external speaker too
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #13118
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 837
I need to find a way to cancel out some of the notice on my cb when the fan kicks on.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #13119
Grand_ZJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,007
Sent you a pm mr4x4
__________________
1996 XJ Sport
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #13120
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
I need to find a way to cancel out some of the notice on my cb when the fan kicks on.
Where are you getting your 12v power?
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #13121
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,598
Most of the time it has to do with the grounds. Not only on the cb, but the chassis and any other electrical component
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #13122
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,909
Holy cow I'm tired.. Got home from the run 1ish, then got a call from Nevada Child Seekers this morning around 730 'cause Metro Missing Persons needed our help ( I'm a NVCS search force captain) looking for a 16yr old kid with Cerebral Palsy (sp?) that went missing around 11 last night. I've been pounding pavement & dirt ever since. It's WAY past shower time.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #13123
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
I need to find a way to cancel out some of the notice on my cb when the fan kicks on.
Like Jared asked how is it wired? With a CB you want to get power from as close to the battery as possible...or from the actual battery. This helps to cut down big time on interference from accessories.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #13124
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,259
Again, I would like to thank everybody for being patient with me, and my jeep. I haven't had a headlight issue in 8 months since I wired it up like that, i guess i need to keep an eye on where I run my wires. I put tubing over the wire at all the places it went through the firewall, but apparently missed a spot that needed it. At least i had like 40 fuses with me haha.

And again, thanks for waiting while i let my brakes cool (being in 4 low doesnt even do it for me because of being an auto and my 'low' isnt very low at all...). Im sorry to hold everybody up and basically set up the situation where power needed to press on without us to make a call, or find a secluded spot to enjoy his manly company or whatever excuses he uses

sorry I didn't wait for ya brother. The girls were getting....well...you all know how they get.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #13125
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,909
No apologies necessary Marn, hanging out together, working through issues and learning new skills is what going on runs is all about. We should have been better prepared for stuff like Powr's situation and set up a buddy system. We'll get 'er done next time.

Lets not wait so long for another run!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.