Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 874 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #13096
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That being said....that was a hell of a long, dusty, bumpy run. Pretty glad to be home.

Thanks for the help with my lil wiring issue guys, its definitely nice to have a few extra hands to hold the flashlights!

(A wire for my headlights got chafed through and kept popping.my fuse. I replaced the fuse like 3 times and covered a suspicious splice before I found the area that was actually causing the problem!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #13097
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Thanks guys had a great time.
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #13098
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it was an awesome ride. Thanks guys!!
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #13099
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yep, good times; thanks all those that came out, it was good to meet you. I really appreciate Ksturgio, Marneaus, and Powr giving me some educayshun on them thar shooters and letting me testing them out. I now want a Ruger 45/22, Springfield XD, and Mini 14. Anyone want to donate?

Puck, sorry you had to turn back, we missed ya!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #13100
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yes it was a real nice trip. Nice to meet all of you guys and we definetely need to do that again soon.

And thanks again for the seat bonez.
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #13101
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes yes. I said it was long and dusty and bumpy but I had a blast. Didn't want to sound like I didn't have fun.

And yes thanks all for letting me try a few of your guns. Sorry Adam that I kept jamming your 'never jams' Keltec. I dunno what happened!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #13102
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Yep, good times; thanks all those that came out, it was good to meet you. I really appreciate Ksturgio, Marneaus, and Powr giving me some educayshun on them thar shooters and letting me testing them out. I now want a Ruger 45/22, Springfield XD, and Mini 14. Anyone want to donate?

Puck, sorry you had to turn back, we missed ya!
Psh....don't want a sig 1911? Thats okay....landscape architects only! Haha. P.s. I'm not even a landscape architect

Quote:

Unread 06-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #13103
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If it makes you feel better marn I want a sig 1911 now myself.
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #13104
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Home now, met andy02 on the way home for a trade(thanks again, let me know if you need me to chip in for a tire) the wife was cool about it, but still worried. Lost the clevis pin for my disco, but bonez hooked me up(I'll get u back, thanks)
So, we went left when we should have went right, and realized in and went back. All was good. Every jeeping trip is a learning experience. What did we learn this time? Three things: never break rule number one-don't split up! Second, if you don't have an operable CB...get one....tomorrow! Third, never leave your gps that's loaded with the topo maps at home on your desk, bring it with you!!!!!!
Thanks guy for waiting. Also, if we had gone the right way and gotten service, we WOULD have waited, I will never leave a trail until everyone is back, unless someone else is going to wait. I know you guys had to leave, and totally understand, don't take it wrong, it's not meant that way. Also, I would never just bounce home without letting someone know I'm out ok. I'll never leave you hanging wondering if im still on trail or in town. Not an issue because I'm never breaking rule number one again!
Overall great trip. Got some good shooting video I'll post later.
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #13105
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Psh....don't want a sig 1911? Thats okay....landscape architects only! Haha. P.s. I'm not even a landscape architect
Nothing wrong with your sig, it was REALLY nice, but the XD felt better in my hands.
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #13106
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Lost the clevis pin for my disco, but bonez hooked me up(I'll get u back, thanks)
Don't worry about it man, it's all good.
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #13107
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It's all good, everyone tried to go left at the fence too.I tried calling them on the handheld, but no one could hear me. I know that I need a cb, but I have not seen any mounts that work decent with the new dash in the wranglers. I have been looking at the remote mount units but the user reviews are all over the place so I do not know of they are reliable.

I guess that it really didn't help when I thought most people knew the way. For future reference out is fs road 601. That was my first time doing out from the pahrump side too. I almost turned down the wrong way at the wheelers well spur until I saw the sign.

Oh yeah if two dudes say they need to go get reception... They are just on the down low and going for a brokeback mountain style camping trip
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #13108
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Cobra 75 WX ST might fit your needs Greg, don't really have to mount anything but a small box under the dash. I've got one in my rig, you are welcome to check it out if you like.

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-4.../dp/B00005N5WW
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #13109
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Anyone know if shooting is allowed east of Potosi? Around this area: 35°57'10.11"N 115°27'33.66"W

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/...oting_and.html

I read that, but I'm not sure about the boundaries. There are areas there miles away from pavement, lots of safe backdrops and plenty of visibility to see hikers and bikers approaching.
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #13110
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah that is the style that I have been considering. I was looking at some of the overhead consoles, but being 6"2' I need as much head room as I can get. I already have an antenna mount on my tire carrier, so it would be an easy install

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.