Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #1291
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I found out a little more about that abandoned structure we came across just south of Goodsprings. It's called the Argentena Mine Mill and is located near the top of Table Mountain. It opened in the mid-20's and closed production in 1962. It is currently owned by the city of Clark County with no mining rights claimed.

img_1676.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #1292
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, gotta bust ur balls, "city of Clark county???" don't feel bad about davidson law, he beat me up over some firearm discussions in the 80's pages in this thread. Seems like a good guy, so we shouldn't hold it against him.
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #1293
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, gotta bust ur balls, "city of Clark county???"
Yeah, you've never heard of the place? It's pretty exclusive. There's even a written test to get in. Seriously? You're gonna point that out? I swear I'm smart! My Mom says I'm handsome too.

I have no issues with DavidsonLaw. Kind of hard to pick up on clues over the internet sometimes. When he quoted my post with an explanation it appeared like a correction. It's all cleared up now.
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #1294
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
he beat me up over some firearm discussions in the 80's pages in this thread.
I remember those pages. You got scared of a dog 50 yards away and took a shot.

I'm going to hope you just misjudged distance and it was actually closer than 50 yards. Still, it cracks me up.
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #1295
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I found out a little more about that abandoned structure we came across just south of Goodsprings. It's called the Argentena Mine Mill and is located near the top of Table Mountain. It opened in the mid-20's and closed production in 1962. It is currently owned by the city of Clark County with no mining rights claimed.
Thats y it looks familiar from the book NEVADA TRAILS (southern). That Book's Nice, Just got it a week ago. Thanks to this tread..
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #1296
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

BTW the only time it a Wrangler only run is when its a Club run (once a mo.) the fun runs are open. I am not big on the 25+ jeep runs but some runs are worth it. There is a core group I run with and we like it a little more aggressive then than the Noob/stock Wrangler owner wants to run. We/I like the smaller groups alot less trail jams.
As for "Real" I have been wheeling in one since ’80 when My first car was a 1976 CJ5 Golden Eagle. Also owned a 1972 Kaiser CJ5, And 86 CJ7 with a TPI 350SB NP435 4 speed Dana 300 TC and Dana 44s fr and rear, a 89 XJ and a few Toyotas here and there. Still like my TJ the best.
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #1297
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214

When was the last time you where there? I would agree a few mo ago.
There was a guy with a small block YJ and open/open chould not get threw the first wash had to go around. Then where the wash meets up with the trail the easy line to the right is almost gone leaving the slick rock.
I was just up there about two weeks ago. I was with tagsrover. I'm a member of the warmachines club. It was a fun run for sure. Yeah we did the rock garden That is right before that slick rock
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1298
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I was just up there about two weeks ago. I was with tagsrover. I'm a member of the warmachines club. It was a fun run for sure.
I know at the Vegas Valley club meeting that they are the owners of this trail as part or the "adopt a trail " program. there where a few spots that need some Shoring up or clean up the lower wash or it will become impassable
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #1299
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah there were a lot of parts in the road that were washed out so you had to get off camber.

So when do they do clean up/shoring?
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #1300
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, that was me and hey, dogs have teeth ! I don't do teeth! Lol haven't you seen the Stephen King movies Cujo or silver bullet?
Unread 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #1301
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ysb, gotta bust ur balls, "city of Clark county???" don't feel bad about davidson law, he beat me up over some firearm discussions in the 80's pages in this thread. Seems like a good guy, so we shouldn't hold it against him.
I feel like I'm missing something. I certainly haven't meant to be offensive, at least not on this thread, at least not recently.
Unread 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #1302
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Your a lawyer aren't you? Isn't that how your supposed to be lol
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #1303
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Davidsonlaw definitely wasn't offensive, must make that clear, very eloquent and respectful! Good debater, duh, and is happy to prove it. No hard feelings at all, and no offense intended.
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:56 PM   #1304
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Davidsonlaw definitely wasn't offensive, must make that clear, very eloquent and respectful! Good debater, duh, and is happy to prove it. No hard feelings at all, and no offense intended.
Would you say he is a master debater?
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #1305
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

.....Yeeesssss....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.