Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 864 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 06-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #12946
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ideas for trails...try to find the trails to the top of black mountain in Henderson, check out the cave thing at the end of warm springs, follow trail near Sloan shooting spot(goes into the mtns somewhere) any takers or new ideas?

Unread 06-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #12947
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Ideas for trails...try to find the trails to the top of black mountain in Henderson, check out the cave thing at the end of warm springs, follow trail near Sloan shooting spot(goes into the mtns somewhere) any takers or new ideas?
I like the black mountain idea. Just because I live at the foot of it.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #12948
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm possibly selling a bunch of climbing/rappelling gear. This sale is not definite yet, but if I do sell I'll offer it here first since I've always shared mining with this group. This deal would be for all items. I will not part it out in pieces.

This set was put together for mine exploration and it has everything needed for that purpose. If you want a rock climbing set, you'll need to buy a few more pieces like stoppers and cams.

All items are made by: Petzl, REI, Black Diamond and Goodyear. None of it is cheap garbage. There is about $500 in gear including about 14 carabiners. I don't have a price set yet, but expect it to be around $300.

It comes with everything pictured including the two harnesses. My waist size is 32, so if you are close, the larger of the two harnesses will fit. It could probably fit up to an extra 4 inches of waist. The other is a female small. I don't know the waist sizes for female small, but if your wife fits into small clothes, it'll probably fit her.

There are two belay devices for controlled descent and a pair of ascenders for free climbs. For our purposes, the ascenders were mostly used as emergency catch devices on ladders.

Two ropes are included. A 70 meter (just under 230 ft) dynamic line and a 60 meter (just under 197 feet) static line. Dynamic lines have a controlled stretch. Static lines have no stretch.

Since this gear was mostly used for mine exploration and emergency catches, very little weight was ever on this gear. Neither of the ropes have been wet or used during a fall. All gear is rated to +3000 pounds. Even at free fall, there is no way even the heaviest of you could generate 3000 pounds of falling weight.

I would prefer to sell this gear to someone with climbing experience just so I won't feel bad if one of you kills yourself, but if this is something you'd like to get into, I could take a week or two to go over basic technique and safety with you.

So, let me know if anyone might be interested. If anyone is, when the time comes to sell, I'll sell it here locally.
2012-06-22_15-33-41_688.jpg  
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #12949
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only problem with these ideas is no shooting except for the Sloan one.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #12950
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ideas for trails...
Wheeler's Pass in reverse is nice at night. Start in Pahrump and end in cold Creek.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #12951
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wheelers pass sounds fun as I've never been there myself.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #12952
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I think most here live north, so it'll be more convenient. You shooters can probably unload out there too.
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #12953
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wheelers pass would be cool, I havent been there in years
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #12954
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Where ever I'll follow. In the dark preferably I have no ac. Or I could do what some others have been know to do and show up in my truck. Lol
Smart a$$. Hahaha depending on whether I get my truck back I'll be able to go. Or we can see how far my wife's c class makes it.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #12955
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Lone Mountain at night would be fun
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #12956
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys, I had to wipe the memory on my phone to get new software and I lost everyones phone number. Plz text me with name and screen name so I can restore them.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #12957
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I've heard rumors that you can make all four of your tires spin some how. Thought I might give it a try.
Yeah. And even before dispelling that myth id have to actually get my jeep out of storage....which ain't gonna happen this weekend. Too much effort.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #12958
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Called the cops and popped some taggers!!! Haha!
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #12959
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Called the cops and popped some taggers!!! Haha!
Get those bastards. I hate that crap with a passion. Why can't they just kill each other and leave the rest of us out of it.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #12960
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So... What is happening tonight fellas?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.