Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 861 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #12901
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Dang marn, who peed in your cheerios this morning

Poor choice or not, I had no idea what I was doing when I bought it and it was a good deal at the time. I figured since the group here seemed pretty decent and knowlageable on the subject I would avoid any other "poor choice(s)" I don't mind spending money when necessary, but I don't see the point in spending extra when it isn't really going to give me any advantage.

I don't reload right now and I am not planning on it any time soon so I didn't see any problem with aluminum or steel casings. And based on your recommendations of making sure it isn't messy reloads that require extra cleaning (though I clean & oil every firearm after every shooting) and the description of minimal fouling it sounded decent.

Either way, thanks for the feedback Ksturgio & Marn. I am going to finish browsing through those other links and try and get some ammo ordered this weekend.
Ammo and caliber choice is all personal preference. I've never shot .40 mostly because my dad hates it so I hate it. I have friends that love .40 I just have no experience with it.

Just find what you like and f everyone else. That is one of my basic views in life. F everyone else it's all about me and my family. After that f you.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #12902
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Dang marn, who peed in your cheerios this morning

Poor choice or not, I had no idea what I was doing when I bought it and it was a good deal at the time. I figured since the group here seemed pretty decent and knowlageable on the subject I would avoid any other "poor choice(s)" I don't mind spending money when necessary, but I don't see the point in spending extra when it isn't really going to give me any advantage.

I don't reload right now and I am not planning on it any time soon so I didn't see any problem with aluminum or steel casings. And based on your recommendations of making sure it isn't messy reloads that require extra cleaning (though I clean & oil every firearm after every shooting) and the description of minimal fouling it sounded decent.

Either way, thanks for the feedback Ksturgio & Marn. I am going to finish browsing through those other links and try and get some ammo ordered this weekend.
I don't eat Cheerios. I just told you it doesn't really matter what you shoot, and that .40 is always going to be somewhat expensive. No need to get offended.

P.s. if you have no reason or specific desire for owning a .40 you could always sell it and get something less expensive and easier to shoot.

As for steel/aluminum casings....

Steel is alot more rough on your chamber. If its not some precision firearm and is plenty durable go for it. I will not run steel ammo through my M1A because I don't want to beat on the chamber/breach/throat.

Also, I've never had a brass case expand and jam inside the gun (not malfunction, jam) and I've had it happen with steel. Its not just a cleanliness thing.

If you're shooting through a glock or something it likely won't matter, but its something to consider.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #12903
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Just find what you like and f everyone else. That is one of my basic views in life. F everyone else it's all about me and my family. After that f you.
Yeah! F me!

P.s. I hate .40 too.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #12904
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Anything going on this weekend?
Well hell if you are in town this weekend I guess we are not going up to Utah to crash your cabin and get out of this heat. As of right now I do not have very much planned, but I do want to hit 4L sometime this weekend and hopefully do it at altitude so it is a little cooler.

Just got back from cruising the spring mountains. Boy the mid 60's feel really nice after having a week of triple digits.
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #12905
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

P.s. ill be drinking beer all weekend to make up for all the stupid 12 hour days.

Quote:

Unread 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #12906
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I will be at the county shooting park sat am for a good day of shooting with my dad and father in law. My pops wants to do some long range stuff with his M1. Father in law wants to do some black powder revolver and trap. I am shooting the new xd. By the end of all that I might be all shot out.
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #12907
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Alright all you .40 haters & trolls I got it, no one likes my gun, but thatís just fine by me Ďcause I do.
Donít worry Marn, no offense taken; I am just dishin it back. You should try cheerios sometime, they are pretty good, stay away from that apple cinnamon crap though.

I wondered why there weren't more steel/aluminum casings and the potential wear /tear & over-expansion issues make a good argument why more people donít go to it.

The thought of selling the .40 & getting a different firearm has crossed my mind, but in all honesty I donít know what I would get or even how to find out what I have is worth or where/how to sell it. I prefer semi-auto handguns & when I was buying 9mmís had a bad reputation from all the gang bangers and few LEO and military acquaintances recommended either Glock or Beretta .40 so I went with the 96FS. (Glocks feel really unbalanced to me) I havenít really researched or done anything serious with guns for a while but all the gun talk lately has piqued my interest again.

Ksturgio's XD is AWESOME lookin though
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #12908
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Just got home from Nelson. It was a great night run with the War Machines. Tons of fun and my new HIDs work like a champ.
You guys were headed up the 95 at around 7ish yea? I saw a nice convoy passing horizon ridge. I was heading the other direction.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #12909
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

[

Ksturgio's XD is AWESOME lookin though [/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I'm really hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #12910
sirhk100

Bonez, if you ever wanted to try a 9mm glock I have a model 19.

Gonna make this easy and just post up the craigslist link.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3094432824.html

Negotiable on price and truthfully, it only has one known issue and I'm hoping to have it fixed early next week if not sooner. A few on here have seen it in person and know it's a good running very capable rig.

Will give $50 cash finders fee to anyone that sends someone my way that actually follows thru and buys it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #12911
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey Marn, KSturgio & Powr - One of my employees just told me about this stuff, what do you guys think?

Herters Select Grade TNJ .40 S&W
I've never shot aluminum case ammo, but sturgios right, it not reloadable. I've used steel case fiocci ammo and was completely diappointed, and will never buy another box of it. There's an ammo company at the gun shows that sell bitterroot ammo company or something like that. It's in red boxes. I've bought several hundred rounds from them and never had a failure. I have had failures with the yellow box pmc bulk you get at Walmart too. But that stuff is inexpensive, reloadable, and no major issues, just some feed jams. It's good for target, but don't bet your life on it.
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #12912
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

p.s. i hate glocks too.

dont get me wrong, they are fantastic weapons, i just dont like em and cant shoot em worth crap.

Quote:

Unread 06-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #12913
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Alright all you .40 haters & trolls I got it, no one likes my gun, but thatís just fine by me Ďcause I do.
Donít worry Marn, no offense taken; I am just dishin it back. You should try cheerios sometime, they are pretty good, stay away from that apple cinnamon crap though.

I wondered why there weren't more steel/aluminum casings and the potential wear /tear & over-expansion issues make a good argument why more people donít go to it.

The thought of selling the .40 & getting a different firearm has crossed my mind, but in all honesty I donít know what I would get or even how to find out what I have is worth or where/how to sell it. I prefer semi-auto handguns & when I was buying 9mmís had a bad reputation from all the gang bangers and few LEO and military acquaintances recommended either Glock or Beretta .40 so I went with the 96FS. (Glocks feel really unbalanced to me) I havenít really researched or done anything serious with guns for a while but all the gun talk lately has piqued my interest again.

Ksturgio's XD is AWESOME lookin though

do 30 seconds of reasearch on gunbroker.com and you'll know what its worth.

poast it up on backpage and nevada shooters, it'll sell fast.

you meet the person (non-felon Nevada resident) at a metro station, hand them the gun, they hand you the cash, they go register it at said metro station. No paperwork or anything unless you want a bill of sale to CYA.

if you like the beretta, then get yourself some flavor of 92 in 9mm.

or a glock.

or a springfield.

or a ruger, or whatever you like.

or keep your gun.

Quote:

Unread 06-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #12914
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I will be at the county shooting park sat am for a good day of shooting with my dad and father in law. My pops wants to do some long range stuff with his M1. Father in law wants to do some black powder revolver and trap. I am shooting the new xd. By the end of all that I might be all shot out.
I'll be up there on saturday.

I had to remount the scope on the M1A, so i need to get back to zero.

Picking up a bunch of .308 match ammo today from a guy on shooters. awesome price. $20 a box, even with my discount at brownells its still normally 35 a box. woot!

Quote:

Unread 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #12915
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
p.s. i hate glocks too.

dont get me wrong, they are fantastic weapons, i just dont like em and cant shoot em worth crap.
I totally agree I just sent my glock that I had maybe 30 rds through to my brother. I wasn't accurate with it and just hated the way it felt. If this xd is the same it will be up for sale Monday. Everyone swears by glocks but I won't ever buy another.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.