Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 86 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #1276
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
That Blazer is nothing but a shell now. Rocky gap is a very tough trail now. When we did it back in March VS yesterday. Holy crap! Did all the optional areas But even the go rounds(except the first one) are tough. This is a 33-35” tire locker needed Trail. I took a few pics but most of the time I was helping/spotting the guys behind me.
/user/mikesw214?feature=mhee[/url]
Thanks for the pics and vids. now i knw i have to wait till i get my locker and higher lift.

What trail are you on when you were going down a steep hill? Titled SNC00367 (sorry i checked some of ur vids). I hope there more vids like yours. It helps novice jeeper like me what to expect on a particular trail.

blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #1277
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

blazepsi
That was at the top of Wheeler Pass. As for being a novice there is nothing better them teaming up with a club.
Mike

At the top!

Looking Down
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #1278
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

To do Potato ridge (rocky gap) you don't need a locker... hell we've done it in a few vehicles where they were open/open. Now I would recommend that you do have 33" tires atleast.

But nice pics guys!
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #1279
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
FYI Wheeler Pass tomorrow. This is a Desert Wrangler club run so Wranglers only. If you want to go register here http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wranglers-Jeep/ . Meet up is at McDís at 8480 Farm Rd at 7:30 AM. Afterwards some of us are headed back over Via Rock Gap Road
They really only allow wranglers?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #1280
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Yep, and they don't mean cowboys.
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #1281
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
You should sue them! DavidsonLaw can help you get the paperwork started.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #1282
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

They're scared because pretty much every other Jeep is much better. They don't want to see what a real Jeep can do.
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #1283
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

They also mostly do scenic runs. And until recently you weren't allowed to be lifted more than 4"
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #1284
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
To do Potato ridge (rocky gap) you don't need a locker... hell we've done it in a few vehicles where they were open/open. Now I would recommend that you do have 33" tires atleast.

But nice pics guys!
When was the last time you where there? I would agree a few mo ago.
There was a guy with a small block YJ and open/open chould not get threw the first wash had to go around. Then where the wash meets up with the trail the easy line to the right is almost gone leaving the slick rock.
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #1285
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
They're scared because pretty much every other Jeep is much better. They don't want to see what a real Jeep can do.
Cj are alowed... But really throwing that out there?
Unread 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #1286
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There are a few local generic offroad clubs that cater to any offroad vehicle. Sucks that their Wrangler club excludes a few good people, but I can undertand why they would want to stay exclusive. The Wrangler is their common denominator. That's their thing. There's a local Model-A Ford club. I can't join them either.

I really wouldn't want to join a club anyway. Not that I have anything against any club. Many do great things. I just don't like crowds. I wouldn't mind hitting a few trails with others, but in smaller groups, less organized and spontaneous.

That being said, the wife and I are heading to Goodsprings again Tuesday morning. Who has nothing better to do?
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #1287
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
There are a few local generic offroad clubs that cater to any offroad vehicle. Sucks that their Wrangler club excludes a few good people, but I can undertand why they would want to stay exclusive. The Wrangler is their common denominator. That's their thing. There's a local Model-A Ford club. I can't join them either.

I really wouldn't want to join a club anyway. Not that I have anything against any club. Many do great things. I just don't like crowds. I wouldn't mind hitting a few trails with others, but in smaller groups, less organized and spontaneous.

That being said, the wife and I are heading to Goodsprings again Tuesday morning. Who has nothing better to do?
Speaking candidly, the Desert Wranglers are the way they are because they are sponsored by Chapman Jeep. While many of the people in the club didn't buy their jeeps from Chapman, and while I haven't observed their sales force in work, I expect that when they sell a wrangler, and especially to a noob, they helpfully explain that they have a club to teach them how to have a good time behind the wheel.

I don't fault Chapman for this, quite the contrary! It's a great marketing tool. It gives those that are buying a wrangler a feeling that they are joining an exclusive club while giving them a noob friendly environment to get offroad without getting themselves into trouble.

As for any cracks about the wranglers ... you can't buy anything on the market today that outperforms the JK, and while I've enjoyed the CJs I've driven in the past (I never owned one, but there's been lots in the family) I wouldn't trade my JK for one. Just sayin'.
Unread 09-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #1288
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Hope you didn't think I was complaining. I tried to make myself clear. If anything, I was explaining a reason why they would be exclusive. My not joining a club has nothing to do with their club or any specific club. I drive a Wrangler. It's just clubs in general, as explained. If someone wants to join a club and finds one that fills their needs, that's wonderful for them.
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #1289
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

YSB, didn't think you were complaining ... just responding to the last page or so of comments and adding my two cents as a guy who has spent some time on the road with the Desert Wranglers, which has a bunch of great people.
Unread 09-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #1290
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Stop yelling at me!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.