Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 859 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #12871
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got some of my old stuff for sale if any of you TJ/LJ guys are interested.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...l#post13755664

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #12872
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Lock and load has bulk ammo for decent prices, was there this morning. If you want to go shooting, I have a 22/45 that is a pistol you can practice with for cheapie!
I just left lock and load. It's a decent little shop.

I've been shooting most of my life but have no actual training. I would say practice, practice, practice. Maybe do an online search to find any tips to help hone your technique in. I find when I go shooting with people who are good shooters I shoot better.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #12873
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was thinking about getting out of the heat tomorrow and maybe doing a trail ride or hike up in the mountains if anyone wants to go. I would say do some mountain biking but last time I did that above 5k ft I almost needed stitches.
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #12874
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have tried going online and looking for good deals, but I don't know enough about ammo to know if I get ultra cheap generic stuff to know if it will damage my firearm or not. The best prices I could find for bulk were on CheaperthanDirt.com, but unfortunately everyone else found those prices too and they are constantly sold out of anything more than 250 rounds.

Lock and Load sounds like a good option since a few of you have mentioned it, I will look it up, find out where it is and see if I can find anything decent there. I know when I shot at Corp Challenge a few years back and when I qualified (for my CCW), I learned from more experienced folks giving me tips about my grip and stance, so I would appreciate any of you "good shooters" coming along and hooking me up with some tips while I am out practicing- which ultimately is gonna pay off more than anything (practicing that is).

Thanks again for the info
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #12875
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lock and load doesnt really have that great of prices.

Here, let me do some work for you.

www.ammosupplywarehouse.com (in las vegas)

www.stockpiledefense.com (in pahrump)

www.ammoman.com

www.aimsurplus.com

www.ammunition2go.com

www.bulkammo.com

www.surplusammo.com

or call local shops before going. New Frontier Armory, Lock N Load, Citadel Gun and Safe

no, cheap ammo will not damage your gun. do not buy gun show reloads. factory reloaded ammo is normally fine. some ammo is dirtier. I'll never put 'copper washed' ammo (BVAC cheap stuff, armscorp cheap stuff) through my guns because it taqkes 25 minutes of scrubbing to clean the barrel.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #12876
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

www.ammoman.com

www.aimsurplus.com

www.ammunition2go.com

www.bulkammo.com

www.surplusammo.com

or call local shops before going. New Frontier Armory, Lock N Load, Citadel Gun and Safe

no, cheap ammo will not damage your gun. do not buy gun show reloads. factory reloaded ammo is normally fine. some ammo is dirtier. I'll never put 'copper washed' ammo (BVAC cheap stuff, armscorp cheap stuff) through my guns because it taqkes 25 minutes of scrubbing to clean the barrel.
Thanks Marn! This will help a LOT
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #12877
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

www.ammoman.com

www.aimsurplus.com

www.ammunition2go.com

www.bulkammo.com

www.surplusammo.com

X2 lock and loads prices aren't great. If you can check bass pro occasionally they have sales on ammo and it's a decent price. Sportsmans is ok sometimes. I won't put anyone else's reloads in any of my guns. Unless I know how anal they are about reloading. I've had reload failures of my own but it was my fault and never anything serious.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #12878
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
It's been a long time dmgiff. Let me know how much trouble that 5.2 turns out to be. I've got to do the same thing but I don't have the time or cash right now. My wife's bar prep was $3000 and the bar will be like another $1000. I also need to buy some tools to replace what I'm missing to do the build.
Yes, it has been awhile. I am always on here reading the banter, but I don't have much to offer, so I just enjoy the show. I will let you know how the engine turns out. Looks like I'm going to be able to get it to the machine shop Monday, and they are saying they can have it done in two weeks, so it might be sooner rather than later...
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #12879
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lock and load has 1000rds of 9mm for 240ish, c23/rd isn't bad for factory reloads. Not that I'm trying to promote lock and load, but I saw the box this morning.
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #12880
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Lock and load has 1000rds of 9mm for 240ish, c23/rd isn't bad for factory reloads. Not that I'm trying to promote lock and load, but I saw the box this morning.
Yah that's not bad.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #12881
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Terry,

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3091819609.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #12882
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

My new camping trailer. Picked it up yesterday. It looks good behind my Durango, but the Jeep will be pulling it to the trails......going to wish it had a Hemi too lol.
image-197412918.jpg   image-3591360725.jpg   image-1971721289.jpg  
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #12883
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks nice, I would get something to go over that ac before the rocks and road debris tear it up. What does the inside look like? It almost looks like the roof could support a rtt if you ever needed to expand
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #12884
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yep, tongue box and i'm going to make an expanded metal guard and those should be adequate. I am currently insulating the inside and running wiring for an interior elec. outlet, ARB fridge, TV, some exterior lighting and speakers lol. And yes, the roof is super sturdy. I'm already contemplating a removable rack with seating. I will be taking this to the desert races too. Everything will be powered by a Honda 2000 generator and 2 tandem batteries.
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #12885
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's a nice trailer man. What does it fit a queen? And the set up your doing sounds nicer than a hotel haha

So how much did that one cost you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.