Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 858 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #12856
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I would take it, especially if he's gonna pay you what you asked for it on Craigslist! Haha
Hahahahahaha!

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #12857
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, just see if he will send the money as a gift. If he sends it as a gift, there are no paypal fee's on your side and he cannot fight it as a bad sale to get his money back. Once the money clears your account it is yours.
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #12858
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I would take it, especially if he's gonna pay you what you asked for it on Craigslist! Haha
Whats wrong with the price?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #12859
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Whats wrong with the price?
How honest should we be.

As a general rule I don't buy anything that has that much rust. It is usually much worse then what you can see off the bat. All jokes aside I'm surprised some of those panels stay attached on the freeway.
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #12860
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have not even seen the add yet, by any chance is it 1 million dollars?

maybe he is just doing gods work

Unread 06-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #12861
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

just some prices for comparison:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=156308

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=150566

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=147675

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=156122

The issue you are going to run into is rust.... 99% of vehicles in las vegas, even ones that are old or beat to **** or have no paint, do not have rust. You might be hard pressed to find somebody wanting to buy a rusty vehicle in a sea of non rusty rigs. I have a little hole in my fender about the size of an egg, and thats considered 'rusty' for out here. I know the frame isnt rotted, but the body is rough to say the least.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #12862
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Puck you should get a full fiberglass body done for it. You could even do it prerunner style, that would sell big out here! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #12863
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Puck you should get a full fiberglass body done for it. You could even do it prerunner style, that would sell big out here! Haha
He missed the window of opportunity to sell it to Khris

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #12864
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
He missed the window of opportunity to sell it to Khris
He wouldn't have bought that thing anyways! haha (Too much work, and I say that knowing he takes apart and totally rebuilds trucks, haha)
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #12865
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hey now you're being mean!

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #12866
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

He wouldn't have bought that thing anyways! haha (Too much work, and I say that knowing he takes apart and totally rebuilds trucks, haha)
You're killing me today.

I say if you can get that much for it more power to you puck. It's just that you might not be selling for a long time at that price. Just remember just because something is semi rare doesn't make it valuable.
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #12867
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So since you guys are a bunch of gun nuts and self-made commando’s, I figured you are as good of folks as any to ask for some help. I like shooting, but I am cheap; not a great combo. I feel like I am decent with my .22 rifle and subsequently my other rifles (because I can practice with my .22 then move the same principles to my larger caliper rifle), but I really suck with my CCW weapon; a Beretta 96FS (yes, I know it's a huge weapon for my small frame to conceal).
I can do well enough to qualify right and left handed, but that really isn’t saying much. The problem is that I am cheap so I don’t shoot it much because it costs more than a .22LR round. So here’s my request for help:

1. Where is the best place to get a lot (i.e. 500-1000 rounds) of cheap .40 ammo that would be good for target practice?

2. Would anyone be willing to let me go shooting with them and be kind & patient enough to suppress wild fits of laughter long enough to give me some decent pointers on how I can improve? (I don’t want to get laser sights or anything like that, just the ‘ol iron sights are good enough for me).
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #12868
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

you can always order online for cheap, or you can go get factory reloaded ammo for cheap as well.

Alot of local shops will have good bulk prices on cases of 1000....unfortunately, .40 is spendy.

I most recently picked up a case of factory reloaded 9mm (every single one went bang and was plenty accurate) for 189.00 at new frontier armory.

Unread 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #12869
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

while its not the worlds best training, you can get somebody who is a diamond member already to buy you a membership to front sight for 250, and then take classes out there for life.

Unread 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #12870
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lock and load has bulk ammo for decent prices, was there this morning. If you want to go shooting, I have a 22/45 that is a pistol you can practice with for cheapie!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.