Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 854 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #12796
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What's new everybody.

Unread 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #12797
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nothing. nothing at all.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #12798
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anybody know much about rebuilding an engine? I figure before too long im going to tear into my spare 360

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #12799
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
anybody know much about rebuilding an engine? I figure before too long im going to tear into my spare 360
I've help build a 383 and a couple rotary engines. Following a manual or book helped us get through it. I'm around to lend a hand and sling some BS, haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #12800
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Not much it's been slow around here today. Here is my predictions. Greg drugged or caged his children and went wheeling. YSB is either in a cave or ICU. Polka is at the gym or a white supremacy meeting. Powr is shooting or sleeping. Marn is bossing around migrant workers. Roobicon is spell checking and or ..... Who knows. Puck is installing a water heater or watching rust fly of his heep. Photojared is pouring oil in the gutters. Bonez is probably wheeling or working. Khris is building everything. Everyone else is probably working and working much harder then I am right now writing this huge waste of time.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #12801
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
The sky is the limit. If you have a bunch of good re-useable parts like crank, rods, heads are still good, cam is good things like that probably $600-1500 for a master rebuild kit. Depending how much machine work $400-a lot. Then double all that and you will have a realistic budget. It never goes as smoothly as you would like. It is much cheaper if a lot of parts are still good and the block is good.
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #12802
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I know what photojared is not doing...and that's NOT responding to me wanting his spare CB antenna hood mount. Lol

I've replaced engines but never rebuilt as I would probably leave a bolt in the cylinder.

Just got home from work myself an hour ago or so.
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #12803
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Recently we haven't received a couple of packages that were supposed to be delivered to our front door. After I got the last one replaced I decided to put out a decoy package on the front door to see if it would go missing or if the mail man might be taking them. Yesterday I put two plastic bottles filled with tap water and a large bag of cat crap I cleaned out of the litter box inside the UPS box. I sealed it up and left it on my front door step. Some time today between 8 A.M. and now the package has gone missing. Someone got a stinky surprise.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #12804
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I've help build a 383 and a couple rotary engines. Following a manual or book helped us get through it. I'm around to lend a hand and sling some BS, haha
Rotary engines are pretty cool. I've never done one but I've got a buddy in Parowan who took an mg convertible and put in a Mazda rx rotary in it and it's a freakin rocket. He also has a vw bus with an turbo wrx motor. It's crazy hearing a bus smoking tires with a turbo whine.
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #12805
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Not much it's been slow around here today. Here is my predictions. Greg drugged or caged his children and went wheeling. YSB is either in a cave or ICU. Polka is at the gym or a white supremacy meeting. Powr is shooting or sleeping. Marn is bossing around migrant workers. Roobicon is spell checking and or ..... Who knows. Puck is installing a water heater or watching rust fly of his heep. Photojared is pouring oil in the gutters. Bonez is probably wheeling or working. Khris is building everything. Everyone else is probably working and working much harder then I am right now writing this huge waste of time.
That was for a good laugh! Thanks for making my day better!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #12806
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hmmm.

im hoping most of it is reusable, i had some unidentified bottom end noise and some lifted noise, but it was a good strong runner.

Plan is a very mild build. a lil extra torque. PRobably just a better intake and a cam, nothing fancy.

I guess in the coming weeks ill start tearing it all down.

Unread 06-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #12807
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Wow.. That is scary how predictable we all are.. Good thing there aren't a buncha web stalkers around here
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #12808
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Recently we haven't received a couple of packages that were supposed to be delivered to our front door. After I got the last one replaced I decided to put out a decoy package on the front door to see if it would go missing or if the mail man might be taking them. Yesterday I put two plastic bottles filled with tap water and a large bag of cat crap I cleaned out of the litter box inside the UPS box. I sealed it up and left it on my front door step. Some time today between 8 A.M. and now the package has gone missing. Someone got a stinky surprise.
you should put a bomb in the next one.

or make it a really big package, then get inside and lay in wait....then pop out at the opportune moment.

You probably just pissed em off good enough that they'll make extra sure to steal anything else in the future, or they'll come back fling the cat crap at your house haha

Unread 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #12809
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Polka you need a motion activated game camera. Catch the bastard in the act
Unread 06-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #12810
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Polka you need a motion activated game camera. Catch the bastard in the act
but that offers significantly less chance of blowing up a punk *** neighborhood kid. wheres the fun in that?

i still vote bomb.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.