Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 851 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #12751
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
That would seriously suck....well....balls!
Seriously, don't get testy. Oh, sorry never mind.

PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #12752
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
ok, I see it now. I wonder how a jk would drive with independent front susp.
probably pretty awesome.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #12753
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

are you trying to say that it would actually stay in the same lane when you hit a bump and it would not set off the esp when you are in the fast lane on 95 by Fremont St...
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #12754
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. Marneaus

just trying to troll!

lol
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #12755
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
are you trying to say that it would actually stay in the same lane when you hit a bump and it would not set off the esp when you are in the fast lane on 95 by Fremont St...
When I first lifted my zj I had it on the 95 and my track bar wasn't adjusted correctly. The scariest f in thing that has happened to me in that jeep. I seriously thought I was going to die.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #12756
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
When I first lifted my zj I had it on the 95 and my track bar wasn't adjusted correctly. The scariest f in thing that has happened to me in that jeep. I seriously thought I was going to die.
That is pretty ballsy to drive with a effed up TB. I forgot to tighten mine down once and I was bouncing all over the place. I thought there was an earthquake.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #12757
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

That is pretty ballsy to drive with a effed up TB. I forgot to tighten mine down once and I was bouncing all over the place. I thought there was an earthquake.
My first lift install. I read on the install instructions to bounce it up and down on a level surface then adjust the track bar as needed. It was way off. I grabbed a tape measure and squared everything out and haven't had a problem since.
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #12758
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The 95 was way worse in the 90s, it was like driving with hydraulics on the ride!
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #12759
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
The 95 was way worse in the 90s, it was like driving with hydraulics on the ride!
My dad used to fly through it in our huge econoline van. It didn't have seat belts and we would fly around. It was our favorite part about going to our grandparents house.
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #12760
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The first time I hit it on the fast lane I thought I was going to die. See the nice thing about the JK is when the esp kicks in, it kills the throttle and starts applying brakes. Not a very good thing to do on 95 when you are surrounded by traffic on all sides and being tailgated. Now I just speed up enough to give a few care lengths between me and the a$$ clown behind me.
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #12761
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
The first time I hit it on the fast lane I thought I was going to die. See the nice thing about the JK is when the esp kicks in, it kills the throttle and starts applying brakes. Not a very good thing to do on 95 when you are surrounded by traffic on all sides and being tailgated. Now I just speed up enough to give a few care lengths between me and the a$$ clown behind me.
Just what the world needs. Safety equipment killing people.
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #12762
sirhk100

I don't think the dips on the 95 are that bad. If you've ever been across highway 52 in san diego that's gnarly! You can sometimes catch people shooting sparks out the back of cars... Here's a picture that somewhat does the dips on that freeway justice. It's your normal 65mph speedlimit and people sometimes catch air there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #12763
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's like the traction control on the Z06 corvettes! When the computer senses wheel spin, it applies the rear brakes to slow the wheels. It's commonly misunderstood that the engine speed is reduced, but it's actually brakes applied! Rear pads and rotors probably sell like hot cakes!
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #12764
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Edit: the new corvette tcs use both brakes and timing retard to slow engine speed as well. I had read in a road and track article that they used only brakes. Either it changed, I didn't correctly comprehend what I read, or it was that way on earlier model years. I stand corrected by myself!
Unread 06-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #12765
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I know the feeling, I thought I was wrong once...but I was only mistaken.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.