Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #1261
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
Lol the jackWagon took down his vid. and deleted his account.
Seems like we got his attention.

Unread 09-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #1262
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

He's afraid they will track him down. I hope he's freakin out. Maybe he will think twice next time he thinks he needs to share his "art" with the world.

Here is a question for davidsonlaw. What would the statute of limitations be on this.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #1263
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
He's afraid they will track him down. I hope he's freakin out. Maybe he will think twice next time he thinks he needs to share his "art" with the world.

Here is a question for davidsonlaw. What would the statute of limitations be on this.
I'm not a criminal lawyer, so take this with a grain of salt, but the statute on this is probably 2 years. No need to take the video down based simply on the fact that the video is older than that, but they were taking a lot of well deserved crap on youtube, so maybe the guy just didn't want to keep getting the emails calling him a jerk.
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #1264
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I noticed they took it down yesterday. Doubtful they learned anything. They just didn't want to defend their actions. I got the impression the BLM rep was just going through the motions as if someone said, "A news crew is here. It's your turn Shaniqua.".

It's unlikely they will be charged with anything, but at least it lit a fire under him.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #1265
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

FYI Wheeler Pass tomorrow. This is a Desert Wrangler club run so Wranglers only. If you want to go register here http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wranglers-Jeep/ . Meet up is at McD’s at 8480 Farm Rd at 7:30 AM. Afterwards some of us are headed back over Via Rock Gap Road
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #1266
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here are a few more printable maps:
http://www.nvtrailmaps.com/search.ph...62&submit2.y=7

I still haven't found any good, printable maps of the area just north and south of Goodsprings. It seems most of the good maps stop just north of that area. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 09-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #1267
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I went and did the Kodachrome, Rainbow Garden, Middle Wash and Lava Butte Roads this afternoon. Lava Butte was the best, though Kodachrome is the prettiest.
Unread 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #1268
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I went and did the Kodachrome, Rainbow Garden, Middle Wash and Lava Butte Roads this afternoon. Lava Butte was the best, though Kodachrome is the prettiest.
gotta put this on my list...I wish i have not a lot of bills to pay so i can just go offroading everytime i want and dont mind spending on Gas..
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #1269
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
...I wish i have not a lot of bills to pay so i can just go offroading everytime i want and dont mind spending on Gas..
I'm with you on that. I used to have a successful career earning a great income. Then I got sick and it all went away.

Now, the bills have piled up, but we always make time to get outdoors. Despite the cost of gas, it's still a cheap date.
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #1270
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's that Bronco near the peak of Rocky Gap road. These were taken that same week he left it up there. It wasn't so bad then. It's completely trashed now.
dsc02131.jpg  
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #1271
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's the note he left with the Bronco. I gave him a call and I believe he was sincere that he wanted to get it back, but the costs were just out of his reach. Felt sorry for the guy. Sorry, Joe!
dsc02136.jpg  
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #1272
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Here's that Bronco near the peak of Rocky Gap road. These were taken that same week he left it up there. It wasn't so bad then. It's completely trashed now.
That is not a Bronco.
Unread 09-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #1273
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Eh...it looks like that thing OJ the murderer tried to escape in.
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #1274
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That Blazer is nothing but a shell now. Rocky gap is a very tough trail now. When we did it back in March VS yesterday. Holy crap! Did all the optional areas But even the go rounds(except the first one) are tough. This is a 33-35” tire locker needed Trail. I took a few pics but most of the time I was helping/spotting the guys behind me.

And a little fire on the MT we called in

Some vids on my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/mikesw214?feature=mhee
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #1275
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks like rocky gap was fun. I would've gone yesterday, but I had commitments in the morning. Kodachrome was fun, but didn't require 4wd, Lava Butte was fun, and required 4lo on some of the inclines. Pretty washed out and rocky for a power line road and very steep in places.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.