Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 848 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #12706
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

I'd suggest Bottle Trees, one of my favorite trees. brachychiton populneus (i spelled that right on the first try, woo!).

The pics on google are no good.
I looked and the bottle tree pictures are funny! Assuming you're not completely screwing with us... How much room do those bottle trees really need? Would they work in a planter like what I have here in my front yard?

I'd like to put something low maintenance to go with my fake grass!!!! LOL I'm not opposed to watering but don't really want crazy trimming or crap falling all over the yard either. I've thought about roses cause once they go they're like impossible to kill I've found out with the ones at the front of my yard. They only need trimmed every once in a while too.

Oh and if you ban me, I'll just go hang out in the explorerforums.com anyways! I really doubt JF.com is going to sell my TJ. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #12707
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That dog stole my coffee cup!

Anyone else have any interesting plant anecdotes?
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #12708
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
that was a rats nest. A good afternoon with some new hose and it a majority of your problems would be solved.

ok, was the one girl that was on here for a while fake?
The hose problem has been fixed, minus the vac lines to the front axle. Now I need a computer to research what to look for to fix my problem.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #12709
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I looked and the bottle tree pictures are funny! Assuming you're not completely screwing with us... How much room do those bottle trees really need? Would they work in a planter like what I have here in my front yard?

I'd like to put something low maintenance to go with my fake grass!!!! LOL I'm not opposed to watering but don't really want crazy trimming or crap falling all over the yard either. I've thought about roses cause once they go they're like impossible to kill I've found out with the ones at the front of my yard. They only need trimmed every once in a while too.

Oh and if you ban me, I'll just go hang out in the explorerforums.com anyways! I really doubt JF.com is going to sell my TJ. LOL
they need more than a 10" planter, haha.

What do you want, a hedge, color, something low something tall?

Throw some Orange Jubilee in there.

anything other than cacti is going to need to be watered pretty much daily in the summer. Do you not have any irrigation?

P.S. i dont care where anybody hangs out. I'm not out to ban people or I would have just banned people.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #12710
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Good deal on a YJ if anyone's looking

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3040003623.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #12711
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

so frustrating... just got a text from perstige... yeah yeah I know. But they are offering 115% of the kbb trade in values right now. I just looked my year old jeep with 14k miles and it would put my trade in 300 over what I got the Jeep out the door for after USAA and military discounts. If only my wife did not have orders I could have another brand new jeep and I would have basically driven this one for a year for the price of taxes.
Unread 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #12712
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
so frustrating... just got a text from perstige... yeah yeah I know. But they are offering 115% of the kbb trade in values right now. I just looked my year old jeep with 14k miles and it is within 300 of what I got the Jeep out the door for after USAA and military discounts. If only my wife did not have orders I could have another brand new jeep and I would have basically driven this one for a year for the price of taxes.
Are you guys staying here while your wife is guarding south Korea from the ChiComs or are you going to spend the year somewhere else?
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #12713
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

That is a nice YJ wish I had 4k laying around.

God it sucks not having AC too hot here in the desert.

I just picked up a CB from fry's now I just got to hook it all up.
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #12714
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

as of right now I am planning on staying here.
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #12715
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post

seriously...weeks like this make me think about getting the system charged in the waggy.

anybody have a bunch of R12 laying around?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #12716
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

seriously...weeks like this make me think about getting the system charged in the waggy.

anybody have a bunch of R12 laying around?
I wish that I could charge mine... but mine was rotted through with rust so I just cut it all out myself.
Unread 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #12717
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I wish that I could charge mine... but mine was rotted through with rust so I just cut it all out myself.
i dunno what mine needs, obviously it all leaked out somehow, and with the cost/scarcity of R12, I'd like to fix it first!

I ought to just throw a vacuum pump on there one day and see if i cant figure out whats up.

Quote:

Unread 06-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #12718
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

How much does it cost to convert it to the new "freon"?
Unread 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #12719
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
That is a nice YJ wish I had 4k laying around.

I just picked up a CB from fry's now I just got to hook it all up.
I have an extra firestik antenna mount if you want it. It's the hood mount
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #12720
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Yeah ill take it! Thanks man. Pm me.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.