Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #1246
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We came across a few active claims within a mile of that area. When we saw any trail marked we reversed course. That area in the pictures had no markings at all. Not even a trespassing sign.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #1247
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Pictures from today around Goodsprings again. Here is a trail not far from where we were yesterday. It ended just over the ridge. Nowhere to turn around, so I had to back it up a while. Most of the trails south of Goodsprings go nowhere or are private mining areas. Best not to intrude in work areas.
img_1778.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #1248
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

One of the mines we came across today. Oh no! How are we going to get past that barrier?
img_1833.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #1249
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Having solved the mystery of the bard wire fence, here I am heading in.
img_1838.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #1250
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This one went on for a while. Quite a few forks, but easy to figure your way through. Some areas narrowed and were supported by wooden beams. Best to stay out of those areas. Also, in these mines you may come across unused dynamite and blasting caps. I know it would be cool to own your very own dynamite, but if you find any, don't touch and get out of the mine.
img_1844.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #1251
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Another structure we saw from a distance and had to see close up. The mine at the bottom had heavy steel bars blocking the entrance. Looking in, we could see light at the back of the mine.
img_1891.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #1252
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is the structure from the top. It's a vertical shaft. We've come across many vertical shafts in the area, but this one is by far the best defended. Given the condition of the mine, we could only conclude one thing. There is a dragon inside.
img_1896.jpg  
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #1253
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Another good day for us. We still have plenty of places around there we haven't seen yet. Days available to look around are Tuesdays and Wednesdays if anyone else feels like exploring.
Unread 09-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #1254
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lake Mead National Recreation Area is looking for volunteers to help clean up the site.

The event is set for Saturday, Sept. 24 at Government Wash.

The first 100 participants will receive a free National Public Lands Day T-shirt and a coupon for a free return visit to any participating federal land area.

To pre-register for the event, contact assistant volunteer coordinator Chris Pietrafeso at (702) 293-8711.
Taken from fox news
Unread 09-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #1255
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey, just saw the video, great job guys! Sorry I havent been so active in here lately, been dang busy.

Also, great pics of the mines above. Are all these around goodsprings? I've seen alot of mine stuff in here lately, this thread moves too fast and I cant hardly keep track of anything anymore.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #1256
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
This one went on for a while. Quite a few forks, but easy to figure your way through. Some areas narrowed and were supported by wooden beams. Best to stay out of those areas. Also, in these mines you may come across unused dynamite and blasting caps. I know it would be cool to own your very own dynamite, but if you find any, don't touch and get out of the mine.
Either that or you can shoot at them from up the shaft.
Unread 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #1257
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
There is a dragon inside.
Not necessarily. There could be a tribe of leprechauns, or homicidal mermaids. Definitely one of those two.
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #1258
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Also, great pics of the mines above. Are all these around goodsprings?
Thanks. Yeah, plenty of mines to explore around the Goodsprings area. Pretty sure it was Mike that originally posted about the Yellow Pine area.
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #1259
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Not necessarily. There could be a tribe of leprechauns, or homicidal mermaids. Definitely one of those two.
Leprechauns? Now that's just crazy talk!
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #1260
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Still don't know exactly what that place is, but I did come across this. The a-holes who tagged that area were dumb enough to tape and post it up on YouTube? I thought for sure it would be kids, but it's a bunch of hippies old enough to know better. It would be easier to accept if it were kids.

Who could we send that YouTube link to so they can be charged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7O3tlklWoE
Lol the jackWagon took down his vid. and deleted his account.
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.