Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 837 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGSSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #12541
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

By pre-ban AR, do you mean pre 1990ish or the real ban in 1985? Is the one you're looking at select fire, or just semi auto? IMO, full auto is fun for about two magazines, and then switch to semi auto to actually hit stuff. I didn't buy my ARs to be like everyone else, I bought my first because I wanted a semi auto 223, and liked how it looks. The second one I bought because the price was killer! I don't buy stuff because everyone else has or doesn't have it, I buy stud because I like it!
On a side note, I need one 16"Moab from a 03-04 only! If anyone has a good one laying around taking up space, let me know.

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #12542
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Having been in the Army I was anti-AR because I wasn't a fan of the M16A2. Then along came the M4 and all of the M-Forgeries. Still wasn't a fan until I picked up two Stag 2TLs in October 2008 in anticipation of another ban. My main considerations were ammo, magazine and spare parts availability. I quickly grew to love the portability and superb functioning of the rifle and it is accurate as hell. I still love my M1A, but it does spend more time locked up in the gun cabinet.
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #12543
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When I was in the Starfleet, we used the 3A Phaser rifle, more commonly known as the Compression Phaser Rifle. It was much easier to clean than the earlier PS3 Move platform.
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #12544
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
By pre-ban AR, do you mean pre 1990ish or the real ban in 1985? Is the one you're looking at select fire, or just semi auto? IMO, full auto is fun for about two magazines, and then switch to semi auto to actually hit stuff. I didn't buy my ARs to be like everyone else, I bought my first because I wanted a semi auto 223, and liked how it looks. The second one I bought because the price was killer! I don't buy stuff because everyone else has or doesn't have it, I buy stud because I like it!
On a side note, I need one 16"Moab from a 03-04 only! If anyone has a good one laying around taking up space, let me know.
He claims early eighties. I have yet to see it.
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #12545
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anddddd its back in action. Ended up replacing the carb.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #12546
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

He claims early eighties. I have yet to see it.
Careful of legends of early ARs! They are either real and unregistered, or the dudes full of BS! I wary of guys who say they have something like that and never want to show it, shoot it, or even describe it in detail. Here's a friend of a friend story. Supposedly the guy was a marine in Iraq, brought home his M4, with the grenade attachment, and a case of grenades for it. I told my buddy that his new friend was full of it, but if not, I didn't want to be within a mile of that weapon. It's automatic prison time for that! I also told him that while highly highly unlikely,it was slightly possible, but anyone caught shooting with him is in just as much trouble as he is!
If the ar is really pre an and select fire, not just semi auto, it should be priced in the 12-16k range plus 200 for the BATF stamp plus regular background and all that good stuff. If he's selling for anything more than 1k and less than 10k, and it's select fire, run away!
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #12547
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

no way he got an m4 home. for one most marines flew home on commercial planes. it's not like vietnam anymore. you cant take home collectibles. something like a weapon is assigned. if you dont turn in a weapon you dont get discharged. we were all searched preboarding stateside. i wanted to take a couple dozen 7.62 and 50 bmg spent brass that had personal value. even though they were spent i had to convince them to let me have it even after punching out the spent primer.
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #12548
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl9rUv96XQE&feature=plcp
Sounds good what did you replace it with? I'm pretty curious as to what was causing the hesitation. When I go to my parents today to see my dad I'll go through his auto library. I seem to remember him having a book on edelbrock carbs.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #12549
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCJacob
no way he got an m4 home. for one most marines flew home on commercial planes. it's not like vietnam anymore. you cant take home collectibles. something like a weapon is assigned. if you dont turn in a weapon you dont get discharged. we were all searched preboarding stateside. i wanted to take a couple dozen 7.62 and 50 bmg spent brass that had personal value. even though they were spent i had to convince them to let me have it even after punching out the spent primer.
Thats pretty much what I was figuring. Things like that are closely monitored. The guy was full o crap!
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #12550
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Sounds good what did you replace it with? I'm pretty curious as to what was causing the hesitation. When I go to my parents today to see my dad I'll go through his auto library. I seem to remember him having a book on edelbrock carbs.
She just went out and bought a brand new 1406 last weekend. And it runs amazing out of the box.

I'm curious too because we even rebuilt the thing and I also tried adjusting floats and whatnot....it just would not work right!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #12551
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Fricken rad!!!!!!!

so... here's the jeeps replacement. Gotta build axles and fix some other issues but I'll be on the rocks again soon enough. Just something a bit different.

I wasn't saying what it was till I actually had it in my possession. I stole this thing basically! Let's just say I paid basically what the front suspension alone was worth for the whole thing. We drove out to Phoenix yesterday to pick it up and drive it home.

So for that price I got an exploder with a custom front suspension that's been widened and trussed and running on king coilovers, rear has national leafsprings, custom shackles, 35" race tires, KMC beadlocks, a newer exploder axle with disc brakes, 4.56 gears in the rear and I've got a set of matching 4.56 gears for the front diff. Oh and it came with a running exploder too. LOL Needs some TLC but nothing too crazy that I can't handle.

After selling my jeep I should have a substantial amount of cash in hand. And my plan is to pretty much turn this into my daily driver so once it's setup and good to go I'll let my car go too and have even more cash in hand while still being able to get out and wheel on the trails I did with my jeep. Only in a bit more comfort now.

Oh and my friend just put this together and posted it up this morning. Some cool different angles tossed in there and couple good air shots around the 5:30 mark.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #12552
501STormtrooper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice explorer, you should turn it into this :

501STormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #12553
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

kids are great!
2012-06-17.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #12554
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's awesome! You lucked out with those kids.
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #12555
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks pedo! hahaha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.