Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 836 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #12526
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I got my transmission flushed today.
I've heard horror stories about trans flushing. Especially with older gunked up transmissions. Something about pushing sludge into areas is wasn't before. There was a big thing about Jiffy Lube destroying vehicles that way.

Glad it worked out well for you. Anything else need repairs or is all the major work out if the way now?

Unread 06-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #12527
NizmoTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I've done devils peak, potato ridge, Nelson, nv area, angle peak, and tiered canyon. I really want to do a Logandale run but I don't know my way around there. I might be interested next Sunday.

What other trails are out here and who knows Logandale well
NizmoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #12528
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NizmoTJ
Hi guys, bought a 99 wrangler not too long ago. Was wondering when is the next trail run you guys are putting together?

Your welcome to join up with us tonight if you wanna do Tie Rod again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
For those of you that don't follow the forums on WarMachines702:

What: Tie Rod Canyon lead by David T.
Meetup Spot: Chevron/McDonalds 6915 Blue Diamond, Las Vegas, NV 89124 (Located on the SouthWest corner of Blue Diamond & South Rainbow)
When: Saturday June 16th @ 7PM – Rolling at 7:15ish
Difficulty/Trail Rating: 2.5 – 3.5 depending on obstacles attempted
Forecast is currently showing 80’s for temp with a SE 5 MPH wind.

Anyone is welcome to join!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #12529
NizmoTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I could make it but stuck working till 9
NizmoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #12530
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

I've heard horror stories about trans flushing. Especially with older gunked up transmissions. Something about pushing sludge into areas is wasn't before. There was a big thing about Jiffy Lube destroying vehicles that way.

Glad it worked out well for you. Anything else need repairs or is all the major work out if the way now?
thanks YSB, only major thing left is the suspension sag. Minor issues are oil/fluid leaks that need fixing.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #12531
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Not that anyone cares I finally bought a new gun. Springfield xd .45. It wasn't what I was really looking for but the price was to good to pass up.
image-2450224252.jpg  
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #12532
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Not that anyone cares I finally bought a new gun. Springfield xd .45. It wasn't what I was really looking for but the price was to good to pass up.
That's what I am buying next if I don't get an AR. Very nice
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #12533
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just happen to have an extra AR sitting in my safe right now! May just keep it for the wiffle though! She needs to become proficient with everything and I can make that one "her" rifle! Hands off "my" AR though! Lol
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #12534
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice, the wife said that I better get whatever guns that I want before we go overseas. We are both worried if ohbummer gets a second term he will have nothing to lose and will start pushing his real agenda. An AR is going to be one of the first ones I get.

Back to watching LeMans
Unread 06-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #12535
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I just happen to have an extra AR sitting in my safe right now! May just keep it for the wiffle though! She needs to become proficient with everything and I can make that one "her" rifle! Hands off "my" AR though! Lol
A guy I work with has a pre ban AR I'm trying to talk him out of. He is being difficult
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #12536
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I got a sweet deal on it $400 new. I not to keen on the ar's yet. 2 of my brothers have them. I got a mini 14 instead. It may just be that I don't like being like everyone else. I think my next gun will be a high powered modern rifle. Although I did see a bolt action mossberg shotgun at discount fire arms for $65 today. I might have to buy just because it's cool.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #12537
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

god, it shoots like a dream! Its so soft shooting, and i didnt actually sit down and make sure the zero was perfect, but i was shooting at stuff 200+ yards away and the rifle was right on target (it was stuff that wouldnt react, so i dunno if i hit it, but it looked like i did).

Tested it a lil, then dumped a mag through it, cycled and functioned 100%. so far we are at 90 rounds, trouble free.

Went to a store today and picked up a case of bulk federal XM193 or whatever. $359.00 i guess thats aite. Grabbed another magazine when I was there.

(Note the brass behind my support wrist, not bad for a cell phone pic!)

It was like 105 out there, ugh. But the jeep made the drive in both directions without a single hiccup, it didnt surge or anything, it's running GREAT even in the crazy heat!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #12538
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I had an XD. great gun, just didnt 'do it' for me, ya know?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #12539
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I got a sweet deal on it $400 new. I not to keen on the ar's yet. 2 of my brothers have them. I got a mini 14 instead. It may just be that I don't like being like everyone else. I think my next gun will be a high powered modern rifle. Although I did see a bolt action mossberg shotgun at discount fire arms for $65 today. I might have to buy just because it's cool.
You'll come around, look at me. I was SUPER anti-AR but then got bored and figured "what can be bad about a gun I can literally build? that sounds fun...oh here's some money" flash forward 2 weeks and boom. you get my post above.

I hate it...because its awesome. Now my poor M1A is going to just sit in the closet.

Unread 06-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #12540
1988jeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, new to thread and in process of upgrading my YJ. Need some local help and advice. I'll be lifting my jeep probably a 4" or maybe a 3.5" bds. I have stock TJ moabs with 245s on now but may do 33's in the future. Wasn't planning on regearing but now considering 4.88's based on what others are saying about the difference . I've got an 88 with the 2.5 and everything stock. I also have a set of 19lb injectors I found cheap. Can I use them in my older tbi 2.5? I also wanted to look into upgrading my 15 gallon tank to a 20, If anyone has time you can pm me and maybe we can talk in person. I live by Aliante and work on the strip, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.