Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 835 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #12511
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Khris if you really want to sell the Jeep go high! Like 14 what's the worst that can happen? Then discount it to 12 or 11 or 10........

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #12512
sirhk100

Oh it's not if I really want to. Assuming I have a 4th vehicle in the driveway tomorrow night like I'm planning it's for sale. Just need to do some clean up and stuff on it. I might toss it on there that high for a couple weeks to see what happens... Anything over $10K I get for it I'll just laugh in disbelief! The market here is just so insane!!!

My kicker on the jeep is the mileage... 152K compared to most others on c/l right now is up there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #12513
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just to show the big difference on the fender flares look at this

Before - This was when I first found Jeepforum, I've taken off the milkjugs since then

After

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #12514
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I need to do that to mine.....they look so bad
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #12515
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The worst thing about it is that a good silicone based cream would bring the shine right back to the flares... it would just attract every piece of dirt within a 30 mile radius. I guess they it would look like you have sandpaper flares after your first trail!!!
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #12516
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

peanutbutter works too for the flares

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #12517
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That a lot of peanut butter! It's not fair because it confuses the dogs
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #12518
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
The worst thing about it is that a good silicone based cream would bring the shine right back to the flares... it would just attract every piece of dirt within a 30 mile radius. I guess they it would look like you have sandpaper flares after your first trail!!!
X2 I used some on my truck an it looked great until it got dirty. What you are supposed to do is apply to flares let it heat up in the sun then wash. It still collects dirt but not as bad.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #12519
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a bottle of the stuff and nothing that I want to use it on. I used it on my cooperS all the time, but a little pea sized dab would do almost the whole flare. I would toss it, but I paid $20 for the dang thing. I figured I would put it on the neighbors tires if he ever pissed me off enough, my luck he would wreck and kill someone though.
Unread 06-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #12520
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I have a bottle of the stuff and nothing that I want to use it on. I used it on my cooperS all the time, but a little pea sized dab would do almost the whole flare. I would toss it, but I paid $20 for the dang thing. I figured I would put it on the neighbors tires if he ever pissed me off enough, my luck he would wreck and kill someone though.
Not your problem hahaha.
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #12521
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I got my transmission flushed today. It was nasty dark brown, and the shop said its the worst fluid they ever saw coming out of a tranny. It scared the crap out of on the way to the mechanic shop though, driving away from a stop light it would not go forward any more. I ended up puting a bottle of lucus Trans treatment and it got me to the shop. Now that the fluid has been changed, it shifts like it's now I have to address my wag sag with a lift.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #12522
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I got my transmission flushed today. It was nasty dark brown, and the shop said its the worst fluid they ever saw coming out of a tranny. It scared the crap out of on the way to the mechanic shop though, driving away from a stop light it would not go forward any more. I ended up puting a bottle of lucus Trans treatment and it got me to the shop. Now that the fluid has been changed, it shifts like it's now I have to address my wag sag with a lift.
Good to hear!
Unread 06-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #12523
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good break puck. They don't come often in the jeep world.
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #12524
NizmoTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hi guys, bought a 99 wrangler not too long ago. Was wondering when is the next trail run you guys are putting together?
NizmoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #12525
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When did you want to go? That's how they get started. Someone shows an interest, then a group gets together. Then Powr backs out.

I went out for a few hours today, but that was mostly shooting with some out of town friends.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.