Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 830 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #12436
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, will the rubicon rims rub after a lift and 33x12.5" tires? I've read that wheel spacers may be needed?

Unread 06-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #12437
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Also, will the rubicon rims rub after a lift and 33x12.5" tires? I've read that wheel spacers may be needed?
Why not do 33x 10.50, and forget the spacer?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #12438
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Rubicon gurus... At what year did the rims change? Are they off different models/years/etc? The ones with the "step" are from what? The ones with the "roll" are from what else?
From what I know, one is a 16" rim with 5x4.5 lug and the other 17" with 5x5.5 lug.

And no, you can't use a 33x12.5 on them, you would have to go with a metric equivalent.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #12439
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I think you would need a spacer or get some after market rims.. Im no tj expert but with that large of a tire on a stock rim usually there isnt enough back spacing for the tire to clear at full lock. It won't rub very bad but take all that with a grain of salt.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #12440
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

kudo's to sam's club!! They patched a nail hole in one of my tires for free.

I think stock wheels with larger tires look pretty bad ***. I am still on the fence if I will go to 35's, but if I do they do look pretty cool on the moab rims. The only issue that I have heard is that you cannot air down as much due to the narrower rim.
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #12441
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, you will most likely need spacers with the stock backspacing with 33" tires, get the ones I got they work wonders and are strong as all get out. And a 12.50 vs a 10.50 tire won't make much difference is the outside edge of the 33" tire that will rub it will just rub slightly less with a 12.50. But, you will have to work of metric with 16" rims!

Gregaf, not true on the not being able to air down as much with narrower rims, it is actually much less likely you will pop a bead with narrow rims versus wide rims. The force of the wider tire on the narrow rim forces the bead out to seal the lip especially in low pressure situations.

No claymores, just truth!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #12442
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I saw something pretty gruesome on the way into work this morning. I was driving on the 95 and something ahead of moved into the middle of the left lane. As I passed, I saw it was a small cat, and it just huddled down in the middle of the left lane. Shortly after I passed it, a pickup truck came up the lane, and while he straddled the cat, I could see the thing get sucked off the ground and bounced around. Can't see how it could survive much of that.
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #12443
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Found out what the difference in the rims is. The 03-04 are the smooth rounded ones, the 05-06 have the step. The JK rubi rims are more flat toward the outside of the rim, with bigger bolt pattern.
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #12444
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I saw something pretty gruesome on the way into work this morning. I was driving on the 95 and something ahead of moved into the middle of the left lane. As I passed, I saw it was a small cat, and it just huddled down in the middle of the left lane. Shortly after I passed it, a pickup truck came up the lane, and while he straddled the cat, I could see the thing get sucked off the ground and bounced around. Can't see how it could survive much of that.
I would guess after the 9th time he didn't have any lives left.
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #12445
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I would guess after the 9th time he didn't have any lives left.
So by video game rules, as long as he got across before the tenth, he's fine. Wonder if he had any continues left? poor cat!
Unread 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #12446
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

so they really don't have 9 lives? I suppose next you are going to say the eather bunny isn't real and that Elvis is not our lord and savior. What is this world coming to?
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #12447
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
so they really don't have 9 lives? I suppose next you are going to say the eather bunny isn't real and that Elvis is not our lord and savior. What is this world coming to?
Elvis didn't die, he just went home.
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #12448
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

all gone
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #12449
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For those of you that don't follow the forums on WarMachines702:

What: Tie Rod Canyon lead by David T.
Meetup Spot: Chevron/McDonalds 6915 Blue Diamond, Las Vegas, NV 89124 (Located on the SouthWest corner of Blue Diamond & South Rainbow)
When: Saturday June 16th @ 7PM – Rolling at 7:15ish
Difficulty/Trail Rating: 2.5 – 3.5 depending on obstacles attempted
Forecast is currently showing 80’s for temp with a SE 5 MPH wind.

Anyone is welcome to join!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #12450
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
From what I know, one is a 16" rim with 5x4.5 lug and the other 17" with 5x5.5 lug.

And no, you can't use a 33x12.5 on them, you would have to go with a metric equivalent.
305 70R 16 and I am running 1.25" spacers because they rub

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.