Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #1231
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This is the only mine we came across today that wasn't covered. When we came across it, I had high hopes of exploration, it only went back maybe 8 feet.

img_1731.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #1232
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Came across this next to a mine. I hope it was just a memorial and the guy wasn't still in there. It says:

"Brady P. Clark
1933 - 2004
Those who met him liked him.
Those who knew him loved him"
img_1640.jpg  
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #1233
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This was spotted off in the distance and we just had to get closer. Not sure what it was. Probably mining something. We climbed every level of it bottom to top.
img_1667.jpg  
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #1234
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I briefly reearched it without success. So, until we find a name for the place, we'll be calling it Helm's Deep.
img_1665.jpg  
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #1235
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Today was a good day. Better than this guys day. Saw this on the way home. Last picture for the day. We'll probably explore a little more tomorrow around the Jean area.
img_1771.jpg  
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #1236
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Came across this guy next to a power line. My wife wanted to leave some water out for him in a bowl. I don't think he would have drank out of the bowl, so we kept going. It's not a kitten.
Be careful when you come across these guys. Don't get too close. This sounds weird, but they will get frightened and urinate which makes them dehydrated. End result would be death.

Just a FYI.

Looks like a fun adventure
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #1237
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok ... so here's one of the two features they did tonight. This one was in the 5 PM newscast. Feel free to make fun.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/155089...-mountain-site

I'm half tempted to design a "Davidson's Jeep Club" t-shirt, but I would hate to see where that would lead ...
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #1238
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Ok ... so here's one of the two features they did tonight. This one was in the 5 PM newscast. Feel free to make fun.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/155089...-mountain-site

I'm half tempted to design a "Davidson's Jeep Club" t-shirt, but I would hate to see where that would lead ...

I watched the one that aired at 5, I was not even surprised by the response from the lady with the BLM. I doubt that she has ever even enjoyed the land, esp with her response "We will just close it off to vehicles, but foot traffic will still be able to go there". It is almost like she did not even acknowledge that the people that tagged it, walked in, and they people that want to save it drive in...
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #1239
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I watched the one that aired at 5, I was not even surprised by the response from the lady with the BLM. I doubt that she has ever even enjoyed the land, esp with her response "We will just close it off to vehicles, but foot traffic will still be able to go there". It is almost like she did not even acknowledge that the people that tagged it, walked in, and they people that want to save it drive in...
That, as we all now, is the default position for most on the environmental left. Their answer to any question or problem, real or perceived, is to just close access. There are some cool folks at BLM who get it, but there are too many who don't.
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #1240
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I briefly reearched it without success. So, until we find a name for the place, we'll be calling it Helm's Deep.
That's pretty cool. Email me the coordinates and I might be able to help identify it.
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #1241
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just watched the video from channel 8. Kinda chaps my *** they are going to close it off to those who reported it and offered to help clean it up. Hopefully if we can help it will show them we are cooperative and just love to explore. A big thanks to davidsonlaw sticking up for us. You did great and I'm glad you dressed appropriately for tv. If you would have shown up shirtless with cut off jeans they wouldn't have aired it. Did jeepforum not want to be mentioned or did you keep it vague on purpose. Just curious.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #1242
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Be careful when you come across these guys. Don't get too close. This sounds weird, but they will get frightened and urinate which makes them dehydrated. End result would be death.

Just a FYI.

Looks like a fun adventure
Really? He didn't pee until I stood on his shell. It looked strong enough to support my weight. Only kidding. He's fine.

We used to have plenty of tortoises around out house. That picture was taken with a 36X zoom from a distance. He barely noticed we were there. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #1243
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Really? He didn't pee until I stood on his shell. It looked strong enough to support my weight. Only kidding. He's fine.

We used to have plenty of tortoises around out house. That picture was taken with a 36X zoom from a distance. He barely noticed we were there. Thanks for the advice.
I was guessing that you would say... nah he is fine, then show a picture of him on your living room floor!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1244
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Just watched the video from channel 8. Kinda chaps my *** they are going to close it off to those who reported it and offered to help clean it up. Hopefully if we can help it will show them we are cooperative and just love to explore. A big thanks to davidsonlaw sticking up for us. You did great and I'm glad you dressed appropriately for tv. If you would have shown up shirtless with cut off jeans they wouldn't have aired it. Did jeepforum not want to be mentioned or did you keep it vague on purpose. Just curious.
I'm pleased with how we were portrayed. I can't speak to what jeepforum would have wanted, but I told the reporter that we (speaking of those of us who regularly comment on this thread) are just a bunch of friends who like to get out in our jeeps.
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #1245
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
That's pretty cool. Email me the coordinates and I might be able to help identify it.
That area and the area to the south and west, are subject to mineral claims owned by Boxxer Gold Corp. See the link:

http://www.boxxergold.com/properties/the_boss_project/

The facilities and mines are likely associated with either the Boss Mine, or the Oro Amigo Mine, but I can't tell which.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.