Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 829 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #12421
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My Rugers have never jammed once!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #12422
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
My Rugers have never jammed once!

i used to have an Sp101, i loved it.

I may or may not have done a small amount of work to it....work was not limited to cosmetics either. I know my way around them lil guns!

traded it straight up for a brand new mossberg 930SPX. LastI saw the guy had it up on back page for sale like a month or two after i traded it to him, right around the holidays.

I'd love a GP100, but somehow ended up with a S&W 686

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #12423
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've got a ruger single six that failed. The action jammed and I couldn't get the gun apart. Sent it to ruger. They replaced the gun payed me for all the postage and gave me a brick of ammo and an apology letter.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #12424
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

i used to have an Sp101, i loved it.

I may or may not have done a small amount of work to it....work was not limited to cosmetics either. I know my way around them lil guns!

traded it straight up for a brand new mossberg 930SPX. LastI saw the guy had it up on back page for sale like a month or two after i traded it to him, right around the holidays.

I'd love a GP100, but somehow ended up with a S&W 686
"Polished to a high mirror shine!" looks sweet. I'm torn though. The matte finish looks good too. Well, guess I gotta get another one! Lol
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #12425
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I've got a ruger single six that failed. The action jammed and I couldn't get the gun apart. Sent it to ruger. They replaced the gun payed me for all the postage and gave me a brick of ammo and an apology letter.
As much as i love rugers, and revolvers in general, they DO jam/fail.

People think they dont, and that they are invincible. while there are advantages (as well as disadvantages) i guarantee just as many revolvers have had critical failures as semis.

the rugers (at least the SP101) is VERY simple inside, at least from my experience. Pretty straight forward, they come apart easily.

every taken a 'modern' S&W apart? Holy hell its like a clock in there. I made the mistake of taking one apart and all sorts of springs went flying, it literally took 3 hours to reassemble.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #12426
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
"Polished to a high mirror shine!" looks sweet. I'm torn though. The matte finish looks good too. Well, guess I gotta get another one! Lol
polished my 686 too. I hate "bling" in life, but theres just something about a gorgeous wheel gun.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #12427
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

p.s. i'm still working. gotta love these 98 hour days.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #12428
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dang Marn I would have never given up that sweet lil SP101 looked good!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #12429
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

To me a gun is like a pair of blue jeans. They are nice when they are new, but so much better when they are broken in.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #12430
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Dang Marn I would have never given up that sweet lil SP101 looked good!
I had no use for it. It was a conceal carry gun only. literally designed for nopthing other than shooting a person for like 20' away.

When i got the SR9c i never shot the SP101 anymore, i stopped carrying it because i had a gun to better fit my needs.

No shooty = selly.

I basically parlayed that into my 686.

traded the sp101 for a mossberg 930.

then sold my other 'tactical' 12 gauge (benelli super nova)

Then used that money to buy the 686.

So, i took a useless .357 and turned it into a useful .357 and upgraded my shotgun in the process.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #12431
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
To me a gun is like a pair of blue jeans. They are nice when they are new, but so much better when they are broken in.
okay garth...

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #12432
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Off topic like everything else but do you guys like rock and roll? So does the DOJ I think Eric, Fast and Furious, Holder wants some new guitars to serenade Obama with when MooChelle is away. Here is the money at work! I can't make this crap up. http://www.examiner.com/article/feds...-seize-guitars
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #12433
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well he is in support of gay marriage, so he and Holder.... Maybe that's how Holder got his name?
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #12434
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Now he's suing FL because they're passing voter id laws!
Unread 06-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #12435
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon gurus... At what year did the rims change? Are they off different models/years/etc? The ones with the "step" are from what? The ones with the "roll" are from what else?
image-948620711.jpg  
image-160268039.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.