Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 810 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #12136
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Good I'm glad it worked out for you. Yeah this guy said to my carpool guys that I'm ****ing messy and calls me "slow poke Steve" I don't know how if I haven't had to fix my solar panels and the quota is 4 rows of 60 panels installed everyday. When I first started obviously I was slow but I now get 4-5 everyday unless he sends me elsewhere which happens a lot also.

I just want to work in a place that you work your hours and you go home without having to worry about what someone has said to you today. I have a newborn kid and I don't need any of this crap. I just need a job where its secure and I can work.

So if anybody has any job leads PM me please its be appreciated
I've worked with crappy people like that before. I worked for this top notch catering company in Charleston S.C. and I was one of the few that still had a drivers license. They were all a bunch of chain smoking, drug using, alcoholic, whack jobs. Even though I was making a ton of cash I never went back after the slow season. I may have gone postal. Good luck.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #12137
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Exorcist II is on. I forgot what nice ta tas Linda Blair had.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #12138
USMCJacob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
not sure I would want to lug that .50 cal around...the M-60 was a pig and I hated that
what branch were you? army or marines?

50's arent a lugging kind of weapon. its a 25 pound rifle. about 20 pounds of that is barrel. its mostly a fixed position weapon and mission specific. a marine SS primary is a M-40.
USMCJacob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #12139
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

In all honesty that's probably what I'll end up doing. All signs point to the Ruger. My eyes aren't too good, I'm extremely near-sighted, so a scope may be in my future. We'll see how shooting without a scope goes first
Try backpages.com. There is a ruger 10/22 for sale on there he's taking offers. Since its a ruger you don't have to worry about it being used.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #12140
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Try backpages.com. There is a ruger 10/22 for sale on there he's taking offers. Since its a ruger you don't have to worry about it being used.
Not unless it has literally a few hundred thousand rounds through it!
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #12141
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Not unless it has literally a few hundred thousand rounds through it!
Even then you can upgrade anything.
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #12142
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well, I went into Big5 Sporting Goods today promptly at 10:00am (when they open,) expecting to walk out with a Ruger 10/22.

Instead I bought this!

The Mosin-Nagant, case, background check, ammo and all included accessories came to a whopping total of $218.33! I'm pretty happy
The Ruger I looked at Walmart was around $230, and the cheapest Ruger they had at Big5 was about $310.

I know the ammo will be more expensive but I think I'm going to enjoy this quite a bit!

EDIT: And I will probably end up with a 10/22 eventually as well... I'll just wait until my birthday rolls around or something haha
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #12143
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I went into Big5 Sporting Goods today promptly at 10:00am (when they open,) expecting to walk out with a Ruger 10/22.

Instead I bought this!

The Mosin-Nagant, case, background check, ammo and all included accessories came to a whopping total of $218.33! I'm pretty happy
The Ruger I looked at Walmart was around $230, and the cheapest Ruger they had at Big5 was about $310.

I know the ammo will be more expensive but I think I'm going to enjoy this quite a bit!

EDIT: And I will probably end up with a 10/22 eventually as well... I'll just wait until my birthday rolls around or something haha
Congrats, glad you're happy. Sounds like you got exactly what you said you wanted in the first place!
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #12144
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282 View Post

Instead I bought this!

they are fun indeed!

I paid $75.00 out the door for mine last winter. Of course, having a C&R FFL helps with that.

Have fun getting all the cosmoline out of it!!!!! (good trick to get it out of the stock...disassemble, wrap the stock in junk towels or paper towels, put it in a black hefty bag, and leave it out in the sun for a few hours, turning it over a couple times. )

P.S. clean your room.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #12145
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Instead I bought this!

Alright let's get a shooting trip on this weekend.
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #12146
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My Achmay-Are Schmifteen should be completed this evening or next. A rear sight would be good though.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #12147
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

obligatory picture of my woman shooting my mosin with the bayonet. Its about as tall as she is. probably weighs just as much too haha.

Unread 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #12148
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I got a CB for my Jeep. I hope I install it correctly though.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #12149
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

as explained, its 3 wires puck.

connect 2 to ground, one to positive (at the battery). The other wire is the antenna, haha. rout it where you need it, and if you have extra, coil it as large as possible (my extra just sits inside an interior panel).

Dont pinch the wire in a door or anything. I snuck mine out the bottom corner of the tailgate, and it barely pinches it so its fine.

Unread 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #12150
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I got a CB for my Jeep. I hope I install it correctly though.
They are easy to install.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.