Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 804 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #12046
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900

I knew the first set of rocks where narly but as far as I could see ahead it looked fine. I saw an easier line then the one that got the other guy stuck so I figured I'd work way thru the first part and be fine up ahead. It was also a misunderstanding on my part. Someone walked the wash up ahead and said it was clear up ahead. I thought they meant the rest was like what I could see up ahead that was like what we had previously done in the other washes. What they meant was just that there was a way out up ahead, they where not reflecting on the difficulty of the rocks ahead out of sight. Once I was committed i had to bash my way thru, there was no where to bail out. Next time I'm staying out of that wash!!

Don't be knocking the low center of gravity build. Once I get locked and high clearance skid plates that I can slide on this type of obstacle will be a different story!!
I hope the best of luck on that build. Im looking for a lift for my Junk right now for a decent price, but it looks like im going to drop a grand to get what I want. Plus I need to lock the rear diff. Damn expensive hobby.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #12047
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I hope the best of luck on that build. Im looking for a lift for my Junk right now for a decent price, but it looks like im going to drop a grand to get what I want. Plus I need to lock the rear diff. Damn expensive hobby.
I though you were selling it?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #12048
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I though you were selling it?
For the right price. Im still going to use it. That and I dont want to ride with some one cuz my **** is too low or not locked.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #12049
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

potato ridge and rocky gap are the same thing polka. for the big wash, when I am heading west I will always take the right at the first fork, then cut up on the brim by the tree. From there it is pretty straight forward. Last time the only thing that I really hung up on was my rear lower shock mount. my 90% stock jku rubi has made it through the wash on 5 different trips over the past year. I have an annual pass for redrock so I have never done it from the Pahrump side though
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #12050
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
potato ridge and rocky gap are the same thing polka. for the big wash, when I am heading west I will always take the right at the first fork, then cut up on the brim by the tree. From there it is pretty straight forward. Last time the only thing that I really hung up on was my rear lower shock mount. my 90% stock jku rubi has made it through the wash on 5 different trips over the past year. I have an annual pass for redrock so I have never done it from the Pahrump side though
I only went up as far as where the blazer went off the cliff. We stopped and had lunch there. Nice view. I guess that's up the switch back from where the old cabin foundation is on the left.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #12051
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah, there is one small wash then it clears up for about a mile, then the big wash. The big wash is a 1/4 mile long at the most. There are some tricky spots, thus the reason that I just lock both diffs in 4l and let the wife drive while I spot. Power made it through with his TJ, which did not look like it had anything bigger than 31's if I remember correctly.

That was the run that we all got to watch puck get in the back seat of a TJ... it was something that he will never live down!!
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #12052
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
yeah, there is one small wash then it clears up for about a mile, then the big wash. The big wash is a 1/4 mile long at the most. There are some tricky spots, thus the reason that I just lock both diffs in 4l and let the wife drive while I spot. Power made it through with his TJ, which did not look like it had anything bigger than 31's if I remember correctly.

That was the run that we all got to watch puck get in the back seat of a TJ... it was something that he will never live down!!
There are washes all the way up the side of the trail on potato ridge, some with massive boulder that some people now know their jeep can't go through.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #12053
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have nothing to prove, I always just get through. Not really big on the whole my jeep is bigger than yours. I just like getting off of a paved road and up in them there hills!! I guess that it does not help that we normally have our kids with us, so I am not going to do anything too crazy.
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #12054
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Yeah, that was interesting trying to squeeze my fat arse in and out of a spot made for kids.
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #12055
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
It did a wheelie.
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #12056
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Been trying to figure out a clunking noise coming from the rear. If I hit something like a speed bump straight, no clunk, but at an angle it clunked. The rear driver side upper control arm had about a spin and a half to tighten. I think I got it.

Now I just have that front clunk. I know that's coming from my Zone sway links. It's coming loose in the threads. Other than replacing, not a lot to do there.
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #12057
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Damn expensive hobby.
ha!

Dude, you want to know how much money I have into my Waggy? The crazy thing is that it was a driven when i bought it, aside from not passing smog, i didnt actually "have to" do anything to it.

I'm probably about 6x your original purchase price now if i tally everything up including what i paid for it.

Yes. Expensive.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #12058
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Which is a used early jk!
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #12059
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
as long as you do not buy from a jeep dealership. I laugh when I see the prices of some of the used cars at Prestige when I drive by. They had a 4 year old JKU with a lift on it for 3k less than what I bought my 2011 for brand new. Not sure if they just hike the prices up to try to get people to buy new or what.
Unread 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #12060
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Right?

But I've got so much style!

Also its not like I went out.and bought a 7000 dollar jeep. I slowly pumped money in over the past couple years and it just happened to add up to that much. I wish I had like 7 grand to drop on a toy at the time!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.