Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 803 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #12031
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Adorable little girl there powr. Congratulations again.

Unread 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #12032
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The funny part is the pellet gun on craigslist for $70 is a daisy 880... which sells new for $45 at walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Mode...Scope/15730096
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #12033
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Congrats!! What's with "upgraded to son?" after having my first girl, and seeing some of my friends' sons, and how much of a holy terror they are, I'm quite happy with girls....at least for the next 10-13yrs, then it's gonna suck (understatement)!!!!! I hear boys are terrors until about the same age and then THEY are the good ones and then the girls go rogue!!
Upgraded from the unknown to one with a specific gender. I have nothing against the fairer sex.
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #12034
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
My manual says between 85 - 115 foot pounds or torque for lugs. If they are over tightened they can snap off when they heat up. Very very dangerous. I would imagine they are similar or the same throughout our years for Chrysler vehicles.

This happened to a buddy of mine when we went to put his lift on we broke all of our sockets on the lug nuts. The stupid monkey at the shop didn't set the torque on the gun and went at it full force.
I retorque mine as soon as I get home from the shop. Had to have a lug replaced by tire kingdom back in FL due to cross treading but it was way less hassle to have them fixed because I caught it shortly after they did the work.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #12035
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Upgraded from the unknown to one with a specific gender. I have nothing against the fairer sex.
kids are great!!
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #12036
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I got in a little over my head this weekend which a few of you who were out with me at potato ridge can attest to. I proved that you can in fact smash your skid plate up so far your engine rotates the fan into the shroud.

A big thanks to Chris from War Machines 702 who let me fix my junk in his driveway late into Sunday night.

We got things straightened out enough for me to drive home but the skid plate is so mauled that the part were the transmission mounts to the skid is no longer level and the transmission is now angled to the side. I figure this is probably not good so I'm in the market for a used TJ skid. Please let me know if you can think of anyone who might have one laying around. I'd love to find a used high clearance skid plate but I'd be happy with just a stock one for now to make sure I'm not tearing up my drive train. I don't mind if it's scratched and dented up, I'm pretty sure that it'll be better then mine! Thanks!!!
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #12037
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
So I got in a little over my head this weekend which a few of you who were out with me at potato ridge can attest to. I proved that you can in fact smash your skid plate up so far your engine rotates the fan into the shroud.

A big thanks to Chris from War Machines 702 who let me fix my junk in his driveway late into Sunday night.

We got things straightened out enough for me to drive home but the skid plate is so mauled that the part were the transmission mounts to the skid is no longer level and the transmission is now angled to the side. I figure this is probably not good so I'm in the market for a used TJ skid. Please let me know if you can think of anyone who might have one laying around. I'd love to find a used high clearance skid plate but I'd be happy with just a stock one for now to make sure I'm not tearing up my drive train. I don't mind if it's scratched and dented up, I'm pretty sure that it'll be better then mine! Thanks!!!
Nice job! Pics?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #12038
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You get airborne? Came down awful hard?
Unread 06-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #12039
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

That is why I generally let my wife drive through the wash while I spot her. I have a stock jku rubi and it makes it though just fine with a good spotter. Note to self, guys who have only had 1 Jeep that they bought with 35's and a lift already installed generally do not make good spotters because they have never had many clearance problems.
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #12040
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Let YSB drive. With enough speed he levitates the Jeep across the obstacle.
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #12041
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

it actually does not levitate, it just slides on all of those c clamps and zip ties.
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #12042
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
That is why I generally let my wife drive through the wash while I spot her. I have a stock jku rubi and it makes it though just fine with a good spotter. Note to self, guys who have only had 1 Jeep that they bought with 35's and a lift already installed generally do not make good spotters because they have never had many clearance problems.
Your jeep wouldn't have even got though this wash, no matter who was spotting, haha.

A JKU with a 6" long arm on 37s got high centered and then the stock TJ on 33s thought it was no big deal a pursued when everyone else bailed out of the wash, it was a cluster for the next half mile and two hours.

But hopefully the TJ learned Low Center of gravity is to stay on dirt courses and the east coast, it has no place in Rock crawling.

I've never seen anyone so hellbent on banging up their Jeep through a place it had no business being. Crazy
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #12043
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I thought this was at potato ridge? are you talking about somewhere else?
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #12044
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Is it like Rocky Gap where you have the easy road or the boulder ridden wash right next to it?
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #12045
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Your jeep wouldn't have even got though this wash, no matter who was spotting, haha.

A JKU with a 6" long arm on 37s got high centered and then the stock TJ on 33s thought it was no big deal a pursued when everyone else bailed out of the wash, it was a cluster for the next half mile and two hours.

But hopefully the TJ learned Low Center of gravity is to stay on dirt courses and the east coast, it has no place in Rock crawling.

I've never seen anyone so hellbent on banging up their Jeep through a place it had no business being. Crazy

I knew the first set of rocks where narly but as far as I could see ahead it looked fine. I saw an easier line then the one that got the other guy stuck so I figured I'd work way thru the first part and be fine up ahead. It was also a misunderstanding on my part. Someone walked the wash up ahead and said it was clear up ahead. I thought they meant the rest was like what I could see up ahead that was like what we had previously done in the other washes. What they meant was just that there was a way out up ahead, they where not reflecting on the difficulty of the rocks ahead out of sight. Once I was committed i had to bash my way thru, there was no where to bail out. Next time I'm staying out of that wash!!

Don't be knocking the low center of gravity build. Once I get locked and high clearance skid plates that I can slide on this type of obstacle will be a different story!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.