Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 800 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #11986
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah my lug nuts were on tight also and my tire fell off so don't think because they were tight you were fine...

forumrunner_20120602_234315.jpg

Unread 06-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #11987
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I guess because the were so tight it weakened them an they snapped? Makes it even more scary!
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #11988
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
All went well. Had a blast working on it with everybody too. I like group wrenching projects.

When we first started on it I was all 'wow this is going fast!' Then came the beer. Hahaha. 6 hours later.....

Anyway.....
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #11989
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
So sometime this week I'm going to have to go down there and speak with someone about how F•**ING pissed off I am about that! 4 out of six studs either cross threaded(maybe all four) or otherwise broken off removing them. Also, the studs they installed were too long by about a 1/4 inch causing them to mushroom inside the lug nuts! I know lots of people say good thing about their shop, but I can tell you guys that this is one incidence where either they had a mongo loid working there or they were in a big hurry or simply didn't care. I will report back when I talk to them and see what they want to do about it. As of tonight, they will never touch another of my vehicles again! I should have just bitten the bullet and done it myself. The people in the office were nice enough when I was there, but to me, this speaks volumes about their work that they let leave the yard.
I figured I could have all four rotors and pads changed in about two hours. Probably could have if not for having to go finding studs and nuts. Still have to do the front, but should be quick.
Might want to let this guy know. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/...arage-1376175/
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #11990
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I guess because the were so tight it weakened them an they snapped? Makes it even more scary!
That is probably exactly what happened. We have all seen vehicles with missing lug nuts. What happens is the lug nut is put on too tight. The lug stud stretches and breaks. Most people don't notice that it has happened and to top it off, most tire shops won't mention it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #11991
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
My manual says between 85 - 115 foot pounds or torque for lugs. If they are over tightened they can snap off when they heat up. Very very dangerous. I would imagine they are similar or the same throughout our years for Chrysler vehicles.

This happened to a buddy of mine when we went to put his lift on we broke all of our sockets on the lug nuts. The stupid monkey at the shop didn't set the torque on the gun and went at it full force.
picture-8.png  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #11992
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So where do you think Bunny is today? Practicing Kung Fu on top of a waterfall someplace?
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #11993
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

YSB at the internet cafehttp://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFil...5/82571186.gif
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #11994
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
That's about right...but what is he typing over and over?
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #11995
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #11996
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It looks like YSB has been kidnapped by the singer of Simply Red http://www.rathergood.com/bunny_too_tight
Unread 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #11997
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Fulfilling stereotypes
picture-12.jpg   picture-13.jpg  
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #11998
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Fulling stereotypes
Ina trailer park!
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #11999
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Unread 06-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #12000
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So who's gonna get 12345?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.