Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #106
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTrailRider View Post
I will go Saturday if the route is not extreme. I only have a 1 3/4 BB with 33's so not too much flex or clearance.
Hows Sunday for you? Mormon wells is pretty mellow from what i heard. maybe vegas matt knows better.

LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #107
VegasTrailRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately I work on Sunday's, so I would not be able to make it.

D44, Manual, 1 3/4 Daystar BB, Goodyear Duratrac 33x12.5x15
VegasTrailRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #108
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, from what I understand the trail is mostly just a scenic dirt road that winds through the back country, but there is some nice elevation changes and some historic stuff to look at. With any luck there will be some snow. Here's some quick info I found on the web:

Everytrail

BirdandHike
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #109
VegasTrailRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dirt roads are fine and I would be up to a class 2 trail with no problems I believe. Now that I have a bit of clearance I am looking for some things to do.

Unread 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #110
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Vegas Trail Rider,

Buy a set of stock cherokee front springs, or get someone to give them to you for the cost of shipping after they installed a lift, and a set of stock springs from a 03-06 rubicon unlimited for the rear of your TJ.

This will add approximately 1" to your lift for basically no cost. I was running the budget boost, and it made a huge difference, and cost me like 50 bucks in the end.

Front with 32s and budget boost:

Front with 32's, budget boost, and cherokee springs.

Stock 1997 4cyl rear spring next to a stock 2005 Rubicon LJ spring.

Dooooo it, you can often times find the stock parts locally, or like i said, on here someone will normally offer them up for next to nothing or just the cost of shipping. Lot of people dont want stock parts laying around, haha.

If you guys are down for sunday, I might be able to make it? We need to know for sure though. I have a buddy who just got a cj5 who would probably be down to go...

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #111
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also, did you guys wanna do the full 45 mile trail?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #112
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Also, did you guys wanna do the full 45 mile trail?
We can drive for a few hours and see how far we get. Maybe all the way, maybe not. The trail gets pretty high up, so i'm curious to see what the snow situation is like
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #113
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, it looks like some crazy elevation changes though, going from 2000 to 6600 feet. Some sharp inclines in short distances it looks like.

I guess you never know til you get there?

Has anyone run the trail before?

Quote:

Unread 12-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #114
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you guys still talking about mormon wells??? what day are yall heading up or is this still up in the air?
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #115
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think the good Dr. and I are in for Sunday. Are you free as well? Maybe we meet on early Sun morning? Probably near some gas station close to the 95N before it leaves town?
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #116
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
I think the good Dr. and I are in for Sunday. Are you free as well? Maybe we meet on early Sun morning? Probably near some gas station close to the 95N before it leaves town?
Down for that, are yall car pooling?
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #117
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think we're both driving this time. Both our Jeeps work at the same time - what are the odds?
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #118
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lol, Yeah, wag might explode or squirt oil everywhere again, but im sure one of you kind fellows would love to tow me back to pavement if thats the case.

I'll know on sat if my CJ buddy (User Name Subaruski) will be joining us.

Quote:

Unread 12-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #119
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet. Oh, speaking of towing, does anyone in our posse have a tow-strap? I have a chain and a tree saver that I guess we could use in a pinch, but still a strap would be nice.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #120
VegasTrailRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info on the spring swap. I will start looking for those. Looks like you guys are planning on Sunday, so that leaves me out. Have fun.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.