Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 799 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #11971
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well my Junk is running without a gas leak, the alternator has been replaced, and the cumbersome spare tire bracket has been removed. My new issue to get fixed is the transmission fluid. It looks like dirty oil at the moment and the Trans is shifting like crap.

Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #11972
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

All went well. Had a blast working on it with everybody too. I like group wrenching projects.

When we first started on it I was all 'wow this is going fast!' Then came the beer. Hahaha. 6 hours later.....

Anyway.....
forumrunner_20120602_190800.jpg   forumrunner_20120602_190823.jpg   forumrunner_20120602_191035.jpg  

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #11973
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
All went well. Had a blast working on it with everybody too. I like group wrenching projects.

When we first started on it I was all 'wow this is going fast!' Then came the beer. Hahaha. 6 hours later.....

Anyway.....
^^^^looks like a junkyard a three of those vehicles are older than everyone of you mothers.
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #11974
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

^^^^looks like a junkyard a three of those vehicles are older than everyone of you mothers.
Quit being a dick! If you were here they may have been older than our mothers but they wouldn't have been older than you! Bahaha

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #11975
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Quit being a dick! If you were here they may have been older than our mothers but they wouldn't have been older than you! Bahaha
YOU mothers, not YOUR MOTHERS
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #11976
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Just Marn's Wag and the Nova are the oldies. My Junk is 2years younger then me, but older then every one else.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #11977
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

YOU mothers, not YOUR MOTHERS
Its not a good comeback when it just points out a reading error.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #11978
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys,

I have a pair of Hella Rally 4000 Fog Lights for sale. They have 2 different mounting options (Horizontal or Vertical) and come with stone covers.

These things are bright and throw some good light for the trails. Just an extra pair that I have.

I am asking $150 for the pair, but willing to work with offers. PM me if you need more details and such.

Thanks
photo-7-.jpg  
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #11979
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What voltage and wattage are the lights?
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #11980
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
What voltage and wattage are the lights?
12v, 100watt,

but I can show you where to get an HID conversion kit for them, that is 35watt, if you're interested. (just did it in another pair I have)
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #11981
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sooo, my two hour brake job turned into a four and a half hour brake job because when Adams driveshaft replaced the axle shaft, they cross threaded two lug studs, and over torqued two others to the point that they sheared off.
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #11982
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I saw the hid kit online as I was looking for prices to base yours off of.

PM sent to you
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #11983
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So sometime this week I'm going to have to go down there and speak with someone about how F**ING pissed off I am about that! 4 out of six studs either cross threaded(maybe all four) or otherwise broken off removing them. Also, the studs they installed were too long by about a 1/4 inch causing them to mushroom inside the lug nuts! I know lots of people say good thing about their shop, but I can tell you guys that this is one incidence where either they had a mongo loid working there or they were in a big hurry or simply didn't care. I will report back when I talk to them and see what they want to do about it. As of tonight, they will never touch another of my vehicles again! I should have just bitten the bullet and done it myself. The people in the office were nice enough when I was there, but to me, this speaks volumes about their work that they let leave the yard.
I figured I could have all four rotors and pads changed in about two hours. Probably could have if not for having to go finding studs and nuts. Still have to do the front, but should be quick.
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #11984
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sure that they will take care of the problem for you as I've never had a problem with them and never heard bad things about them.

The problem you had could've had the wheel fall off your rig, which would've been pretty damn serious.
Unread 06-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #11985
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It was on my Rango and my wife is the one who drives it the most. If something had happened to her or my babies.... I'd be going away for a while! I doubt the wheel would have come off because the lug nuts were so tight. I had to use my 24" breaker bar on them. My I/R impact gun couldn't get them off with 120psi feed. That's approx 400 ft/lbs(per impact gun literature) no lug nuts on passenger vehicles should be that tight. MAYBE on a 3500 diesel pickup or something, but not an suv! I'm pretty sure they're going to offer to replace the studs and nuts for me, but I've already don't that! At first I was happy with the job, it was done quick and inexpensively.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.