Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 795 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #11911
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Greg, you hear about this yet? I just found it.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...3435630&rank=4

Bad news if it passes.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #11912
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah we read that on the 23rd when it came out. That is what we are basing our 48 months off of if we get Europe. I have a few buddies that were over there that talked about the horror stories of insuring/parking/driving something like an suv. I am not sure if they where talking about something larger like a tahoe or not though.
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #11913
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Good Morning Las Vegas! It is 5:00 AM Friday, the 1st of June. It is currently 81 Degrees with an expected high of 106. It is going to be sunny with zero chance of rain but with a light breeze blowing out of the East. And for all you fans out there, next up on our hit list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
Dude, you need help.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #11914
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
yeah we read that on the 23rd when it came out. That is what we are basing our 48 months off of if we get Europe. I have a few buddies that were over there that talked about the horror stories of insuring/parking/driving something like an suv. I am not sure if they where talking about something larger like a tahoe or not though.
Parking can sometimes be difficult. I had zero issues with insurance through USAA nor with driving. They have some narrow roads but you just have to take them slow. My stock height TJ with a roof rack was just a touch too tall to park in some of the parking garages. Being that the JK is a bit wider than a TJ, parking may be a little more difficult for you than it was for me. All it really means is that you have to walk a little bit further.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #11915
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah, it is way too early to decide anyways. We will not even know what the follow on is until Dec. The wife said if we did want to take both cars, shipping would be around 1k to get the jeep over there.

It is funny because I am worried about where we are going after the wife gets back from Korea and she is worried about leaving me with 2 kids alone for a year. Has anyone ever seen a 4 year old on a riding mower?
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #11916
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

X2. So I'm pretty set on the new handgun choice both rugers. The p345 and the sr9. Does anyone have any experience with either. I'm a ruger fan and have been very happy with my 10/22 and mini 14. I will be using it as a cw and whatever else I need. If anyone wants to weigh in I would appreciate it. I will see if I can rent both this weekend to shoot.
I can.let you fondle my sr9c if want.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #11917
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

In case you missed it on the news, here is the closure status of 15 for those that might use it. This flyer is being given to all MGM employees.

forumrunner_20120601_075351.jpg
Unread 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #11918
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I can.let you fondle my sr9c if want.
How do you like it? I had a glock sub compact 45 and I hated it. Even with the extended mag it was just to small for my hands. I'm sure part of the problem was the large caliber. I better buy one of these soon the more I look at rugers new 1911 the more I want to buy it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #11919
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Enjoy the heat. I'm expecting a high temperature in the 60s and this is what I'm looking at right now.
forumrunner_20120601_080338.jpg  
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #11920
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here's a view off the back of the house we're staying it. That's the PCH.

forumrunner_20120601_081537.jpg
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #11921
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nice, my wife getting orders is forcing my hand to do more west coast stuff in a limited time. Hopefully it includes more trips to the beach.
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #11922
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

How do you like it? I had a glock sub compact 45 and I hated it. Even with the extended mag it was just to small for my hands. I'm sure part of the problem was the large caliber. I better buy one of these soon the more I look at rugers new 1911 the more I want to buy it.
Actually I love it. I have big hands...but it's a carry gun. The SR9 is def bigger and more comfy.

I used the sr9c for a 2 day class out t front sight. It went well. I did just fine even thoughts a compact.

When weather permits better clothes, however, I carry my 1911.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #11923
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You Silly Bunny, traffic reporter, mine spelunker extraordinaire.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #11924
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Andy already gave the weather report.
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #11925
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

More shock problems. Eff Rancho. My stock shocks lasted 11 years compared to 1-2 months with their "upper tier" RS9000XL shocks. That same bushing is crumbling. Top rear. 4 Wheel Parts is really good about honoring warranties, but I really don't want to have to switch them every month or two. When I'm on a trail, every noise I hear makes me wonder if the shock broke again.

I can't return them, so rather than switch them out again, I went ahead and got a JKS bar pin eliminator and a new poly bushing set. It's gonna be a pain to push them in, but I don't have to worry about crumbling anymore.

So, in summary...eff Rancho.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.