Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 794 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #11896
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Anyone need a beer fridge? Moving and don't need it anymore. Works great first 50 gets it and I'll throw the stickers in for free!

Unread 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #11897
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd help you on sat puck but have to work on the Rango, then baby number two will be here on monday morning!
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #11898
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sat am is the plan!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #11899
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Have you two considered having her re-up? All she needs is 12M retainability after an overseas assignment. Who is to say you guys don't come back to the States, do a year and then drop retirement papers? Sure, that puts her in for 21, but then you have the best of both worlds. If she plays her cards right; she could have 21, 75 days of terminal leave, and a damn good shot at making rank which is good for that retirement check. Honestly, that is probably the route that I would take given the same situation.
We ended up doing

Spangdalhem
Aviano
Hill

We are hoping that she makes rank, she will have Msgt around 14.5 years, which gives her plenty of time, she is currently 2 classes away from her masters degree, so the education will look good for the board.

I am just going to be bummed if I have to park the Jeep for 4 years, but then again it would leave us coming back to a low mileage paid off jeep.
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #11900
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Sat am is the plan!
What time should I come by?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #11901
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

What time should I come by?
X2. So I'm pretty set on the new handgun choice both rugers. The p345 and the sr9. Does anyone have any experience with either. I'm a ruger fan and have been very happy with my 10/22 and mini 14. I will be using it as a cw and whatever else I need. If anyone wants to weigh in I would appreciate it. I will see if I can rent both this weekend to shoot.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #11902
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

X2. So I'm pretty set on the new handgun choice both rugers. The p345 and the sr9. Does anyone have any experience with either. I'm a ruger fan and have been very happy with my 10/22 and mini 14. I will be using it as a cw and whatever else I need. If anyone wants to weigh in I would appreciate it. I will see if I can rent both this weekend to shoot.
I own both! The 345 is an awesome weapon. It's on my ccw, but is difficult to conceal as its a full frame 45. It's very temperate and accurate. Manageable recoil and good grouping.
The LC9 is a sub compact orgasm! It's light, has an external safety, and just feels right. I've got rapid fire groupings the size of a grapefruit at 25 yds. Ask and grand ZJ about it, they both shot mine. I got the one with the laser, just because, but haven't used it. It's got ambidextrous switches on it. It holds 7 +1, if I remember right. It would make a sick ccw weapon as its small slim.
If you want a ccw weapon, go with the LC9, if you don't care about concealing, either will work. It just comes to caliber preference. Both are very pleasant to shoot!
If you want, we can go shooting mine to save you some rental money, just bring ammo!
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #11903
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, just saw you said sr9, not lc9. Still it a great carry weapon
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #11904
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Anyone need a beer fridge? Moving and don't need it anymore. Works great first 50 gets it and I'll throw the stickers in for free!
That must be the fastest fridge in the world with all those stickers.
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #11905
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Makes you ponder...if stickers make things go faster, are tattoos like stickers for people? What about on girls? Does they make THEM faster too?
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #11906
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Makes you ponder...if stickers make things go faster, are tattoos like stickers for people? What about on girls? Does {IT} make THEM faster too?
Sorry, my auto spell and grammar are unruly tonight!!!
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #11907
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Makes you ponder...if stickers make things go faster, are tattoos like stickers for people? What about on girls? Does they make THEM faster too?
Faster to spread teh legs in bed....
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #11908
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Makes the beer go faster!!
Unread 06-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #11909
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
We ended up doing

Spangdalhem
Aviano
Hill

We are hoping that she makes rank, she will have Msgt around 14.5 years, which gives her plenty of time, she is currently 2 classes away from her masters degree, so the education will look good for the board.

I am just going to be bummed if I have to park the Jeep for 4 years, but then again it would leave us coming back to a low mileage paid off jeep.
I really hope you guys get what you want. Any reason you wouldn't take the Jeep with you? Some of my best experiences ever involve having a Jeep in Europe. How many people can say that they have driven a Jeep on the beaches of Normandy? I can. How many people can say that they have taken their Jeep around Nurburgring? I can. I met a German man that knew all of about five words in English. Out of those, one was Jeep. He is one of the few people besides me who has ever driven my Jeep.

On a USAREUR plated vehicle we are afforded certain liberties that local nationals are not. I have seen many a lifted Jeep driven by Americans. I have seen a JKU on 37's over there. It all depends on knowing what the inspectors are looking for and making sure it is good to go in those areas. Most of it for Americans is nothing more than general maintenance items.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #11910
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good Morning Las Vegas! It is 5:00 AM Friday, the 1st of June. It is currently 81 Degrees with an expected high of 106. It is going to be sunny with zero chance of rain but with a light breeze blowing out of the East. And for all you fans out there, next up on our hit list.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.