Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 793 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #11881
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That doesn't sound like hard work. You'll probably find people here willing to help. I'd be surprised if anyone here took your money, Puck.

Unread 05-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #11882
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Any of you guys want to make $200 cash? I want to fix that seal leak and replace the alternator and battery. Looks like im going to be stuck with the Junk for a while. No one wants it looking like a POS. So any takers for a Saturdays worth of work? And as far as tools go, I dont have much at the moment. So if this happens, I can brink my Junk to you or where ever. It drives with out leaks on the road but I cant take it off road with out gas going everywhere.
Dude I have offered to help. Ill do it for free. lemmie make sure I'm free this sat and it should be fine. That's all easy enough work, just a little time consuming.

I can probably also help shine it up a lil.....

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #11883
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Did someone say garage project? Therapeutic? How about borderline overwhelming? LOL

Hi!
--insert crazy amounts of cool truck pics in pieces here--
Dang Khris, you have me beat!
Check out that awesome splice job one of the previous owners did in the pic under the steering wheel 3 splices within 6 inches of wire + mismatched wire
imag0170.jpg   imag0171.jpg  
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #11884
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
There's NOTHING wrong with paying for repairs that either you can't do or don't want to mess with! I paid a shop to do a rear axle shaft on the Rango. I would have save only about 150 doing it myself but would have lost the better part of a Saturday and a lot of aggravation. Worth it!
Yep I agree, just had a shop I know replace my clutch. What a pita it would have been in my garage by myself with no tranny jack
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #11885
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
yeah, I heard the train systems there are awesome too. The wife is going to talk to her dad today to see if storing the Jeep at his house in NH is an option. It would basically be there for the whole 4 years, esp with tickets being around $1250 right now... that is 5k just in airline tickets if we wanted to come stateside for a vacation. She is going to also discuss if he would hold our guns too.

One of the major downsides to an overseas tour for us is she will be ending the tour right around her 20 year mark. We had planned on spending the next few years scoping out places that we want to retire at. I say retire, but where we want to stay once she gets out... I don't want to end her military career with both of us jobless and no place to live, sorta makes it hard to get approved for a mortgage. This was one of the reasons that we are considering trying to get Salt Lake City.
Have you two considered having her re-up? All she needs is 12M retainability after an overseas assignment. Who is to say you guys don't come back to the States, do a year and then drop retirement papers? Sure, that puts her in for 21, but then you have the best of both worlds. If she plays her cards right; she could have 21, 75 days of terminal leave, and a damn good shot at making rank which is good for that retirement check. Honestly, that is probably the route that I would take given the same situation.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #11886
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
That doesn't sound like hard work. You'll probably find people here willing to help. I'd be surprised if anyone here took your money, Puck.
Lets everybody load up their Jeeps with tools/jacks/stands/bailing wire/zip ties and fix Puck's Jeep this weekend!
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #11887
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If doc and puck do it this weekend, I could swing by to help/ moral support
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #11888
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I wasn't already working on getting my own junk back together and helping my dad with his car, I would totally be down to wrench with you guys, but I gotta pass.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #11889
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I can help in the AM. Depending on how long I may have to leave early though.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #11890
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I found him a replacement gas tank locally. Plan is to pick it up in the AM. He's gonna bring the truck to my house and we are gonna go to work....probably replace the fuel lines without soft rubber to get it running well too. Any help would be appreciated. I will need more jackstands or an extra jack if anybody wants to bring em.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #11891
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I will provide any food and drink of choice.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #11892
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can bring a jack and stands if it's on Sat/Sun, PM if needed......
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #11893
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I will provide any food and drink of choice.
Newcastle is food AND drink
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #11894
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris you have anything to do with this?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...-ford-mustang/
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #11895
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well today has sucked big time. I got off work and while driving home my front tire blew up by Decatur on the 95. Forgot my jack at home so had to get a ride there only to search for any cheap tire in 33x12.5R15 and I've been up since 230am and I gotta go back to work in 6 hours.

And they surprised us by saying that were going to 5-11 hour days starting Monday!! Whooo! Can't wait for the paychecks. I need a new front axle.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.