Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 790 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #11836
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It's a prequel before Dumbledore died, right?

Unread 05-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #11837
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So when a bike hits a car at well over 100mph, it instantly becomes a side by side!
image-2286798833.jpg  
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #11838
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, there's a game link on the bottom of that pic...fluff friends!! You can be the fluffer for the fluff friends!!
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #11839
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

December...and it's two films. One released this December and the next December 2013
That proves it...hobbitses! Not one hobbit, but two hobbitses!
It suddenly occurred to me...we're all just big kids playing with toys talkin ish to each other. Isn't it great?
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #11840
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Greg, I would suggest Europe. Where I was in Germany (Spangdahlem) there is no real legal wheeling around, but Frankfurt Hahn airport is about 40 minutes away. Ryan air has fights out of there going all over Europe. It is easy to catch a flight for a weekend trip to England, Italy, Ireland, etc. To top it off, the flights are cheap. I took my best friend and her family to Ireland for a week for her birthday. For all five of us, the tickets cost around $400 round trip. I believe that the closest airport to Aviano that Ryan air flys out of was an hour and forty minutes away.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #11841
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah, I heard the train systems there are awesome too. The wife is going to talk to her dad today to see if storing the Jeep at his house in NH is an option. It would basically be there for the whole 4 years, esp with tickets being around $1250 right now... that is 5k just in airline tickets if we wanted to come stateside for a vacation. She is going to also discuss if he would hold our guns too.

One of the major downsides to an overseas tour for us is she will be ending the tour right around her 20 year mark. We had planned on spending the next few years scoping out places that we want to retire at. I say retire, but where we want to stay once she gets out... I don't want to end her military career with both of us jobless and no place to live, sorta makes it hard to get approved for a mortgage. This was one of the reasons that we are considering trying to get Salt Lake City.
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #11842
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Can any of you guys keep your eyes open for a YJ at a dealership here in town? just looking right now, but I would like to find a deal on one.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #11843
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Can any of you guys keep your eyes open for a YJ at a dealership here in town? just looking right now, but I would like to find a deal on one.
Just get this one, if you want a YJ.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3048271162.html

Also, consider a TJ. I have owned both a YJ and a TJ, the TJ is just as easy to work on and a more comfortable ride.

And, why from a dealership?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #11844
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
yeah, I heard the train systems there are awesome too. The wife is going to talk to her dad today to see if storing the Jeep at his house in NH is an option. It would basically be there for the whole 4 years, esp with tickets being around $1250 right now... that is 5k just in airline tickets if we wanted to come stateside for a vacation. She is going to also discuss if he would hold our guns too.

One of the major downsides to an overseas tour for us is she will be ending the tour right around her 20 year mark. We had planned on spending the next few years scoping out places that we want to retire at. I say retire, but where we want to stay once she gets out... I don't want to end her military career with both of us jobless and no place to live, sorta makes it hard to get approved for a mortgage. This was one of the reasons that we are considering trying to get Salt Lake City.
Just sell it and get another one when you return. You are going to be saving a ton of money overseas.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #11845
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Why so vicious, golum?? We didn't take the precious! J/K
Read it in a napoleon dynamite voice, its less viscous!

Plus, I'm trying to bring back the phrase "stupid idiot" nobody says it anymore.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #11846
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It's amazing to think that people mined underwater a hundred years ago and didn't even have near the technology you guys had.
i laughed.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #11847
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Also, consider a TJ. I have owned both a YJ and a TJ, the TJ is just as easy to work on and a more comfortable ride.

I saw that YJ,, it's beautiful. I just dont have $4500 in hand. And why a dealer, is so I can financ IF its a good deal. I also has the craigslist app, so im on it all the time to look for deals.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #11848
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I saw that YJ,, it's beautiful. I just dont have $4500 in hand. And why a dealer, is so I can financ IF its a good deal. I also has the craigslist app, so im on it all the time to look for deals.
You don't need a dealership to do financing, talk to your bank. You can often get a better rate through your bank than through any dealership, especially on a used car.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #11849
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It's finally here on Friday the 8th! I'm making my wife go and she will hate it! Then I will make her buy me beer afterwards!
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #11850
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

I agree on the TJ. You'll be better off in the long run with the newer technology not to mention fuel injection. If you go with a YJ I'd look for a newer one with fuel injection. I also agree you're better to get financing thru your bank. You'll get better terms since you have an established relationship with them.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.