Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 786 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #11776
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

My Jeep does not have an in tank fuel pump. So the seal goes to the sending unit. The gas skid plate and tank come down as one whole unit. Plus I found out my tank is plastic, makes sence to have a rugged skid. Its armored all the around minus the very top. It would be a big ***** to bring down with out the proper tools or knowledge.
No....its not that hard. I don't have any real knowledge or tools. If you're a plumber you have enough skill to get it done.

If you want help just ask. When I'm free I can help. I've replaced.my tank before. The seal is like 4 dollars from BJ'S. I have been working stupid amounts of hours so I'm not available in.the evenings but I'm free weekends.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #11777
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

all this talk about zombies and face eating. Well it has been a bitter sweet month for us... first the wife makes Msgt, then she got orders to Korea yesterday. She does not leave until March, but still. Now comes our next decision. Since she is doing a year remote in Korea away from the family we get to pick our next base. So far the ones that top our list are Aviano, Italy, Hill (Salt Lake City), and Eielson (Alaska).
-Aviano sounds cool, but they deploy a lot. Yet we would be spending 4 years in northern Italy.
-Hill would be great, right at the base of all the mountains, Grand Tetons a few hours away. But they also deploy a lot
-Eielson is near Fairbanks, totally awesome area but the base in the middle of possibly moving its aircraft to Anchorage

Most of the other bases that we would like to go to in Europe are doing standard 6 month deployments to Afgan... Kadena, Japan sounds awesome, but it is on an island away from the mainland that is maybe 15 miles wide at its largest point.

It sucks because we would not be getting to our new base until Mar-Apr 2014, yet we only have 14 more days to submit where we want to go.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #11778
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I dive, to top it off, all of my gear came up missing in my move. That being said, judging by the looks of it, their gear far surpasses my needs at this point.
Their gear surpasses needs of most divers. Our friend in CA who needed to make room ended up selling a bunch of stuff to our friends in TX and Maryland. Now that there's way more room in the van, the women-folk are at Caesars waiting for stores to open.

I've had movers lose some of my stuff too. A few times actually and it always seems to be stuff like sporting gear or electronics. Never the boring stuff like clothes or kitchen items.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #11779
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Well it has been a bitter sweet month for us... first the wife makes Msgt, then she got orders to Korea yesterday. She does not leave until March, but still. Now comes our next decision. Since she is doing a year remote in Korea away from the family...
Congrats on the rank. If you posted that, I missed it. Really sucks about the deployment. Especially with such young kids.

My Dad was deployed six months of every year until I was 18. By that time, he missed 12 of my birthdays. That was a long time ago. With the exception of nurses, nobody even heard of women being deployed. Just the concept seems weird to me. I couldn't imagine my Mom being deployed with Dad at home.

As far as reassignment goes, have you considered Eglin AFB in Florida? Some of the best fishing there. Lots of outdoor activities for kids. Orlando within a days drive. Cost of living isn't too bad there.
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #11780
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Plus I found out my tank is plastic, makes sence to have a rugged skid. Its armored all the around minus the very top.
Is it difficult to drop that tank? If not, having plastic might make repair easier. If it's just a crack on top being splashed by fuel, something like RTV black might work.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #11781
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Congrats on the rank. If you posted that, I missed it. Really sucks about the deployment. Especially with such young kids.

My Dad was deployed six months of every year until I was 18. By that time, he missed 12 of my birthdays. That was a long time ago. With the exception of nurses, nobody even heard of women being deployed. Just the concept seems weird to me. I couldn't imagine my Mom being deployed with Dad at home.

As far as reassignment goes, have you considered Eglin AFB in Florida? Some of the best fishing there. Lots of outdoor activities for kids. Orlando within a days drive. Cost of living isn't too bad there.
We used to go TDY to Tyndall which is a little bit east of Eglin. I do not mind it down there, but the wife hates the humidity. It is funny because her best friend is actually stationed there right now. She spent 2 weeks down there a few months back.. but she is against it right now. A good thing about Eglin is that it is a training base... so no deployments.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #11782
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I forgot to mention that I saw an orange TJ with a jeepforum sticker on the bottom of the windshield yesterday. I am having a YSB moment here because I do not remember if it was a rubi or not. But it was lifted and looked pretty good.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #11783
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
A good thing about Eglin is that it is a training base... so no deployments.
If I had kids, were still in the military, and had a choice of deployment. No deployments would be a deciding factor for me. You get used to the humidity.
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #11784
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm from FL. The humidity does not bother me and for an added bonus I blend in with the white trash!!!
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #11785
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Take the kids to Italy or some other awesome place.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #11786
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You think of joint base lewis-mcchord up in WA?
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #11787
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

No....its not that hard. I don't have any real knowledge or tools. If you're a plumber you have enough skill to get it done.

If you want help just ask. When I'm free I can help. I've replaced.my tank before. The seal is like 4 dollars from BJ'S. I have been working stupid amounts of hours so I'm not available in.the evenings but I'm free weekends.
X2 Dropping the tank is super easy. Just make sure it's close to empty. Most people don't know a whole lot about care until you buy one you have to constantly repair. I had to rebuild the q-jet carb on my first car 3 times until it worked right. I had to pull the motor a few times in that piece o crap but I learned a lot. I also had all the time in the world and money wasn't an issue most of the time.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #11788
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 Dropping the tank is super easy. Just make sure it's close to empty. Most people don't know a whole lot about care until you buy one you have to constantly repair. I had to rebuild the q-jet carb on my first car 3 times until it worked right. I had to pull the motor a few times in that piece o crap but I learned a lot. I also had all the time in the world and money wasn't an issue most of the time.
It's easy. I changed my in tank pump at night in the rain having never done it before. Floor jack and socket set is all you need. Just run it until it's almost empty or siphon it out.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #11789
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Take the kids to Italy or some other awesome place.
Italy...a nice place to visit, but not a great place to live. I'm just too American.
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #11790
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
You think of joint base lewis-mcchord up in WA?
her career field is limited to bases with U-2's, A-10's, F-15's, F-16's, or CV-22's

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.