Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 777 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 05-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #11641
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What gun is that?

Unread 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #11642
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
What gun is that?
a magic gun!

It's my M1A

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #11643
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Hope everyone is having a peaceful Memorial Day. We had some friends come in from CA, FL, MD, and Texas. A few of them loaded up vans full of diving gear and we're spending the day trying to find some underwater mines.

My Dr. said I shouldn't fly because of the pressure. He said nothing about diving.
Unread 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #11644
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
My Dr. said I shouldn't fly because of the pressure. He said nothing about diving.
Makes sense. Low pressure from flying is bad, so high pressure under water would be just what you need, right?
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #11645
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well my junk is broken again. A fuel line is split and leaking gas. I'm over this crap, any one want to buy a project Jeep? Motor is strong and Trans shifts well. The 4wd works well no noises. Only issue is the gas line.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #11646
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did it split on the rubber line or the hard line?
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #11647
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Well my junk is broken again. A fuel line is split and leaking gas. I'm over this crap, any one want to buy a project Jeep? Motor is strong and Trans shifts well. The 4wd works well no noises. Only issue is the gas line.
dont be a baby! Its all part of owning an old vehicle.

You got a little spare cash?

I just replaced allllll my fuel lines with braided stainless. Well worth the 120 bucks in parts.

Or if its the hard nylon lines, al lyou need to do is cut out the part that split and then use a 6" section of fuel hose (not even braided) with a hose clamp on either in. 3 dollars and 15 minutes worth of work.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #11648
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^-------what he said!! Autozone has all the stud you need to get it going. I've got that stainless tubing if you need some. 3/8" you have to bend it though.
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #11649
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Its not carnage, its an upgrade opportunity! Now.. are ya gunna upgrade the lines or the vehicle
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #11650
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Makes sense. Low pressure from flying is bad, so high pressure under water would be just what you need, right?
It's the change of pressure that's bad for me. I think he thought I would know better, but he continues to underestimate me!
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #11651
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
...we're spending the day trying to find some underwater mines.
Found it! After three hours of searching, we were all exhausted so we agreed to wait until the morning to head into the mine. I'm going to lose sleep over this.
Unread 05-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #11652
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Found it! After three hours of searching, we were all exhausted so we agreed to wait until the morning to head into the mine. I'm going to lose sleep over this.
I hope you have a water camera! Hit up Casey's camera for one of those underwater disposables or a capsule for your digital! Please share with the rest of us!!!:begging:
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #11653
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We stopped at Sam's to pick up food on the way there. While there, I was looking at a waterproof camera. It was only good to about 30 feet. Good thing I didn't get one. It would have imploded at our depth and our friends brought the best equipment money can buy. They have digital cameras, housings and lights that cost more than a JK.

Here is the portal to the mine. Just inside, you can see part of a ladder that heads down an incline shaft. The ladder construction is the same as what we've been finding in Goodsprings.

Even resized, the picture quality is amazing. I'll post more of what we find tomorrow. I really need some rest.
img_8232.jpg  
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #11654
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This is freaking great
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #11655
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Now that's a swap worth doing over a 4.0 rather than the 360! That's some real power gains!! Smoking 35's is awesome!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.