Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 762 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #11416
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Just made me laugh when you pretended to not know where all the comments about go bigger were coming from.
I wasn't pretending anything. I know why people said to go bigger, but even if I wanted to, which I do not, it would not solve any problem.

Marn asked if the ignition system helped, I mentioned what I've tried.

Unread 05-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #11417
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

I don't care if you complain from time to time, we all do. The way I see it, what you have makes you happy or you would get something else. Just made me laugh when you pretended to not know where all the comments about go bigger were coming from.
We all know he's got the attention span of a moth and the memory span of a stoner, so none of us should be surprised by his lapses in thought.
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #11418
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Wow, I'm in a shytty mood. Not directed at anyone. Sorry about that. It's my Dr's fault. Eff that haji.
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #11419
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anything going on this weekend? I've got it free and would hate to waste a long weekend with no wheeling trip.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #11420
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Seriously, did you forget where you are?! This is a Jeep forum, we all want big power and big tires so we can go further to pee on stuff while beating our chests. Then you wander in with a puny engine and 31's and wonder why everyone says go bigger.
Ive been reading about doing a 4.5L stroker....it's really only swapping the 4.2L crank and connecting rods into a 4.0L HO motor. I guess it will even run great on my stock ECU, injectors, and fuel pump. Supposedly this setup nets about 200hp/295tq
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #11421
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Ive been reading about doing a 4.5L stroker....it's really only swapping the 4.2L crank and connecting rods into a 4.0L HO motor. I guess it will even run great on my stock ECU, injectors, and fuel pump. Supposedly this setup nets about 200hp/295tq
What's it do to compression ratio? Does it use the 4.0 rods and pistons? I would be concerned with clearance issues with valves and pistons. Not sure if the 4.0 is an "interference" motor or not, but if so, the longer stroke may cause serious failure issues. Make sure the sources are reputable and you get good info. I've seen 4.7 stroker crate motors and kits, but they include crank, rods, pistons, and pushrods. I know that when you start playing with internals, if they aren't matched right, they're nothing but problems. Does the 4.2 have the same firing order? Same journal sizes? Sealing diameters? Lengths? Bolt patterns for flywheel/balancer? Can you use your main caps? All questions and issues need to be addressed!
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #11422
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

what a waste of money.. all of the HP is in the stickers. brighter = more hp
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #11423
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not true! I bought a Jet Stage II chip and the sticker that came with it added as much HP as the chip.
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #11424
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

What was wrong.
It was the carb, I did not rebuild it properly. I am not a mechanic so I'm not suprised. It runs fantastic too, no hesitation miss fire, popping, farting, or anything. It just runs. Shop charged $145 to do it.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #11425
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

It was the carb, I did not rebuild it properly. I am not a mechanic so I'm not suprised. It runs fantastic too, no hesitation miss fire, popping, farting, or anything. It just runs. Shop charged $145 to do it.
Awesome man glad to hear it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #11426
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Any UFC fans here? I have a pair of tentative seats for this Saturday's Dos Santos vs. Mir fight at MGM Arena. They are tentative seats. By that I mean, I have two tickets for seats, but the night of the fight I have a friend that moves the seats from assigned to something closer. Usually floor level.

I have an opportunity to enjoy a field trip to Mayo Clinic in Florida. Yay. I may not be able to enjoy the fights. Anyone here interested if I can't make it? Preferably someone who enjoys fights and actually knows who is fighting. These tickets are not for resale and you'd need photo ID to pick them up at the box office.
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #11427
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Any UFC fans here? I have a pair of tentative seats for this Saturday's Dos Santos vs. Mir fight at MGM Arena. They are tentative seats. By that I mean, I have two tickets for seats, but the night of the fight I have a friend that moves the seats from assigned to something closer. Usually floor level.

I have an opportunity to enjoy a field trip to Mayo Clinic in Florida. Yay. I may not be able to enjoy the fights. Anyone here interested if I can't make it? Preferably someone who enjoys fights and actually knows who is fighting. These tickets are not for resale and you'd need photo ID to pick them up at the box office.
Just PM'd you!
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #11428
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Replied. Tickets are claimed by MMCKEIG if I can't use them.
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #11429
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

What's it do to compression ratio? Does it use the 4.0 rods and pistons? I would be concerned with clearance issues with valves and pistons. Not sure if the 4.0 is an "interference" motor or not, but if so, the longer stroke may cause serious failure issues. Make sure the sources are reputable and you get good info. I've seen 4.7 stroker crate motors and kits, but they include crank, rods, pistons, and pushrods. I know that when you start playing with internals, if they aren't matched right, they're nothing but problems. Does the 4.2 have the same firing order? Same journal sizes? Sealing diameters? Lengths? Bolt patterns for flywheel/balancer? Can you use your main caps? All questions and issues need to be addressed!
I'm going to try and answer all of these.

Compression ratio is around 9.2:1
4.2 rods with 4.0 pistons
With this setup pistons are in the hole .02xx"
the crank is basically bolt in. The only difference is the snout length; it can be machined down. You use the 4.0 flywheel
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #11430
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The .020", the below deck measure or valve clearance? It's probably a deck measure. Sounds like a decent enough setup, but how much extra cost for machine work? May be more worth it to just spring for the 4.7 kit? If you can find a low mileage 4.2 crank and rods though it would be cool!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.