Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 751 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #11251
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You're not getting one of those ghetto security doors, are you? Unless you're securing the windows, I never saw the point. All they seem to accomplish is dropping property values.

They remind me of that movie Friday.

Unread 05-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #11252
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yo craig
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #11253
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You're not getting one of those ghetto security doors, are you? Unless you're securing the windows, I never saw the point. All they seem to accomplish is dropping property values.

They remind me of that movie Friday.
The point is that when you open your front door, there's something solid between you and the person outside, so there's no worries about them rushing in at you when you open it. Our drug dealing neighbors had a crack head looking for them, but they came to our house instead. Scared the wife a little and she started asking for something more secure than just a relatively weak wood door. It's an ok design, looks like a sun. She liked it, so it will work. It's not a bad idea, although I know that if they want in, the window is right there, but at least that will slow people down, and I doubt they'll break in the front window.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #11254
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
The point is that when you open your front door, there's something solid between you and the person outside, so there's no worries about them rushing in at you when you open it. Our drug dealing neighbors had a crack head looking for them, but they came to our house instead. Scared the wife a little and she started asking for something more secure than just a relatively weak wood door. It's an ok design, looks like a sun. She liked it, so it will work. It's not a bad idea, although I know that if they want in, the window is right there, but at least that will slow people down, and I doubt they'll break in the front window.
If you have not already I would inform the police about this. Anytime any Ahole comes around I always tell the cops. Incase something happens to where I have a body in my house.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #11255
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not to hijack your run Greg, but if you change your mind (or anyone else does for that matter) a bunch of us folks from WarMachines702.com are meeting up at11 tomorrow to do a run at Nelson and anyone is welcome to join
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #11256
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

If you have not already I would inform the police about this. Anytime any Ahole comes around I always tell the cops. Incase something happens to where I have a body in my house.
That's actually a good point. The cop down the street says there's really nothing we cando about them selling pot and such... Which I find strange, but whatever. My wife wants me to call anyway and now that you mention it, it sets up a record of disturbances. That way, if something does happen, inside or out, it shows a history of issues. I like the idea of the security door too because you can leave the inside door open in nice weather and kids can't escape, plus if someone comes to the door, they can't see inside at what we have and put our house on the list to rob. I only hope it would happen while I'm home and awake....somebody should have pizza'd instead of French fried! They're gonna have a bad day!
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #11257
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just do this.
home-security-1.jpg   home-security-2.jpg   home-security-3.jpg   home-security-4.jpg   home-security-5.jpg  

home-security-6.jpg   home-security-7.jpg   home-security-8.jpg   home-security-9.jpg   home-security-10.jpg  

Unread 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #11258
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Just do this.
I've been thinking that would be an awesome house for some time now.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #11259
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Occasionally, I'll see on the news an abandoned missle silo for sale. That would be cool too.

http://www.missilebases.com/properties
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #11260
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just do this.
Right!?! Cause who doesn't have a few extra million dollars laying around in the ash tray of their phaeton? If I had the money, one of those silos would be sick with a runway and a small plane!
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #11261
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Right!?! Cause who doesn't have a few extra million dollars laying around in the ash tray of their phaeton? If I had the money, one of those silos would be sick with a runway and a small plane!
If I had an extra couple of million sitting around I would be driving some hopped up VW.
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #11262
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
If I had an extra couple of million sitting around I would be driving some hopped up VW.
Love that sound.
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #11263
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's cool, but.....I'm so sick of hearing these d-bags on bikes that can't shift to save they're lives!!!! WTF??? Are people really that slow with reflexes that they can't hear it bouncing off the rev limiter??? At least it was a gsxr fhag! Pay attention to fools around town...they either granny shift with like a minute between revs or they BBBDDDDDDDDDDDDD the rev limiter! Motors don't stay together long with that kind of abuse. That's murder on timing sets, then BOOM! Cool vid though!
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #11264
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Go out to Dumont Dunes on a busy winter weekend you'll here it a lot they but that same engine in a lot of sand rails. That one or the haysbusa engine which is also pretty sick.
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #11265
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Going hiking in valley of fire tomorrow if anyone wants to come, I know it's late notice, but if you're up for it let me know. Probably heading out of town at 10-11
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.