Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 09-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #1111
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
That's good advice, Dr. Marn. My wife and I are fairly experienced with caves. Not as much with mines, but the precautions are similar. If you're careful not to stir up dust and avoid touching walls, you should be good.
Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Packing heat!
As any responsible law abiding jeep enthusiast should!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #1112
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Packing heat! Were you afraid you were going to run into one of the photoshoped horses in there?
Not really sure what to expect in there. We kept hearing something moving back there and what sounded like slow, deep breathing. Turned out to be nothing but the wind through a vent shaft.

I've never been fearful in the mountains. I've seen plenty of coyote, but usually saw their back ends as they ran away. I thought I saw a mountain lion not far from there closer to Potosi, but I couldn't be sure. I haven't been able to find any info about positive sightings, but it looked real enough to me.

Mostly, I carry to protect us from other people. For the most part, off-roaders are the friendliest people I've met, but some can be the backwoods, inbred type. Get a few Keystone Lights in them and they can get rowdy.

More and more, we've also been encountering homeless camps in the mountains. Most stick to themselves, but some have gotten a little aggressive when I won't give them any money.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #1113
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb--amen, exactly the point!
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #1114
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

More and more, we've also been encountering homeless camps in the mountains. Most stick to themselves, but some have gotten a little aggressive when I won't give them any money.
LISTEN! Now I KNOW You've got some change!!!!!

No, but I've got some .38 special!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #1115
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's a S&W 3913. 9mm. I would prefer a larger caliber, but I needed something single stack to carry. Damn these feminine hands! It's ok though. I have no issues with placement.

Something on the homeless. Sad, but I just don't trust people these days. Sometimes I'll see a guy at an off ramp with the little sign asking for money and his clothes just look too clean to be homeless. I don't want to give money to a guy just because he looks sad and is holding a sign. I almost always have a cooler with bottled water. I'll give them water, but never money. I don't have enough to give away.

Hell, at least the guys hanging out at the plant stores and Home Depot want to earn the money, but I don't help them either.
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #1116
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New lower control arm brackets + skid gussest = I'm finally fixed and ready to get back on the trails!

Had to put the doors and top back on with all the rain, def not as fun to drive around
forumrunner_20110915_114604.jpg  
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #1117
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Plus my new "toy". Now I just need a nice leather holster :-)

If I'm gonna carry might as well look good doing it
forumrunner_20110915_114753.jpg  
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #1118
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Is that a cannon in your pocket or....?
Unread 09-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #1119
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There's gonna be a potato ridge run tonight.

Warmachines are setting it up. 630-700 meeting time at the last gas station before the pass to pahrump on blue diamond.

Who has an extra seat available?? My ZJ is down right now.
Unread 09-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #1120
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There was a discussion on another forum reporting that conditions are worse after the heavy rains these past few days. You men be careful.
Unread 09-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #1121
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
Plus my new "toy". Now I just need a nice leather holster :-)

If I'm gonna carry might as well look good doing it
Was that the one listed on backpage the other day? Very nice piece. It's about 300x bigger than my .357, haha. Probably shoots a lot less fire out the business end too.

Quote:
There was a discussion on another forum reporting that conditions are worse after the heavy rains these past few days. You men be careful.
I was just thinking about how it must be worse.

Quote:

Unread 09-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #1122
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm heading out to northern AZ on Saturday morning to go bag some trails for my blog. I'm going to be hitting trails that are in the Lake Mead National Rec Area near Bonelli Bay. I'm planning on being on the road/trail for about 8 hours. If anybody wants to go, I'll meet people at the Shell station at the Wagon Wheel exit in Henderson, probably leaving at 7AM. We should be seeing some mines and the lake. Reply here or PM me if you want to go.
Unread 09-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #1123
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Radiator and thermostat go on tomorrow'
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #1124
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

Hello,
Im Planning to regear. Anyone Knows how much it will run me? Any place anyone recommend? Does anyone knows how to do it here, PM me if you do. Im planning on Regearing to 4.56. Im running 32 on 3.55. Im planning on putting a 33. I learned that regearing will help with the power and MPG. Thanks..
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #1125
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
Hello,
Im Planning to regear. Anyone Knows how much it will run me? Any place anyone recommend?
Expect to pay +-$1000. I was quoted just under $1000 at 4Wheel Parts on Decatur. 702-871-1717.

Also heard good things about Adam's driveshaft in Henderson. 702-568-5680

Dan's Driveline is supposed to be good. 702-658-5650

If you have the time, visit all of them and get written quotes you can show the others. With the current economy, they'll be more willing to negotiate.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.