Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 741 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #11101
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Assuming I can get off on time Friday night, I would like to join the trail. If nothing else, it may be worth it to go to mt Charlie and just explore trails? I'm definitely on board with high altitude for cooler air for sure!

Unread 05-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #11102
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was up there yesterday and the cooler temps felt great!!
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #11103
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Anybody know where I can get an old tractor tire? Or something in in that size?
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #11104
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Anybody know where I can get an old tractor tire? Or something in in that size?
Planning on rolling yourself down a hill?
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #11105
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Planning on rolling yourself down a hill?
Let me get my helmet. Na since my ZJ is grounded I figured I could make one of these for the trails.

Really though, are there any tractor junk yards around here?
picture-5.jpg  
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #11106
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

AQh installing a few planter beds in the front yard?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #11107
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Wow how did you know? I like to keep it rustic and classy. Funny, I keep seeing new posts and thinking that someone would post s serious answer. I should have known better. What other funny things could I be using this tire for?
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #11108
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There's a Ted weins on blue diamond that deals with big tires. Also google construction equipment tires or tractor tires in las Vegas. I'm sure if you go and ask for some they could hook you up. They generally have to pay to have them taken away, so might get good price
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #11109
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

:serious face on:

I do not know of any places to get a tractor tire. On a related note, out by callville wash there is a monster cat tire from one of those huge loaders, but it looks like it was in the desert/under the water for 20 years. It appears to have been a floating bouy or something.

:serious face off:

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #11110
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A Couple Big-a** tires on Craigslist

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/spo/3014596899.html

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/grd/2974829787.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #11111
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some in North Las Vegas

http://tractortiresforsale.com/uncat...-70/03/01/2012
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #11112
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Assuming I can get off on time Friday night, I would like to join the trail. If nothing else, it may be worth it to go to mt Charlie and just explore trails? I'm definitely on board with high altitude for cooler air for sure!
It would be good to have you along Powr + anyone else that is interested in going.

I have heard a lot of good things about Mormon Wells road, but I think it would require a lot more time/distance that we are interested in.
I am not sure I remember Wheeler Pass being anything exceptionally long, but I haven't done that in years so I may be thinking of something completely different.
Carpenter Canyon - is that out off of the road to Parumph? Stream sounds nice, but doesn't that have the same problem (drive time) as the Wheeler pass?
Mt. Charleston is ok by me as well..

Problem is, I just don't know where the "known" Jeep trails and obstacles are.. I have some challenges with memory and I don't want to rely on it to get us home or on the right path for some fun wheeling/scenery.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #11113
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Dr. Marneaus;13571899]spanish trail or cottonwood pass or whatever it was we did that other time is nice and easy. ends at the pioneer saloon!

QUOTE]

Where are these trails at? I haven't heard of 'em
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #11114
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Sorry about that. Someone sent those pictures to me and I reposted. That wasn't my friends ranch in Texas. His property is closer to Waco. I think those pictures were from around El Paso.

The only illegals our friend ever sees on his property are poachers and trespassers. That's usually handled without the police.

We have a friend who is an AZ border agent. He said it's not unusual to seems people in the deserts 50+ miles north of the border.
That makes more sense. It also explains the cougar, which I know is relatively common around El Paso, but less so in Waco. (If they have them at all.)
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #11115
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

May have an op for a hard top for 450...:fingers crossed:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.