Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 740 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #11086
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
You're not doing a ton of mileage at a time, but one important thing to remember is bio-mechanics. Make sure you are running in the proper shoe that matches your gait type. This can make a big difference.

Like bunny said, also keep your stride short. It is more efficient and you can run longer. Another good tip is not to run too fast; This seems fast, but I'm very guilty of this. Interval training will definitely make you faster, but also do some distance training and up your mileage. It will help your body get used to the 3+ mile runs you do. I'd just throw a 5 mile in there once or twice a week.
How can I determine what the right kind of shoe for my gait is? Are you talking about the wet foot test? I have always just used a typical cross trainer type shoe. Being that my shoes now are due for replacement, I'll look into a dedicated running shoe.

I do the three mile runs so that my body is used to running for my 1.5 mile test. I did a 5K charity run about a year ago. I would probably do something like that again, so doing a 5 mile run once or twice a week sounds like a good plan.

Thanks everybody for all the help!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #11087
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There's a store called red rock running company. They do a foot analysis and let you run around the store with the right shoe for your foot.
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #11088
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Grand. I'll probably hit them up this weekend.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #11089
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

To all you military peeps out there starting on May 19th the national parks pass will be free. http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #11090
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

I didn't think your buddy's ranch wasn't that close to the border. I also thought, don't cougars eat coyotes?
Sorry about that. Someone sent those pictures to me and I reposted. That wasn't my friends ranch in Texas. His property is closer to Waco. I think those pictures were from around El Paso.

The only illegals our friend ever sees on his property are poachers and trespassers. That's usually handled without the police.

We have a friend who is an AZ border agent. He said it's not unusual to seems people in the deserts 50+ miles north of the border.
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #11091
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Going to walk around the salvage yard for a while, then hang out at the lake. Later, Jeeps.
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #11092
sirhk100

There's a power line road we used to run to get from Ocotillo Wells down to superstition out west of the salton sea in the SoCal desert. Every mile or two there was like a 10 gallon water jug at the base of the power lines so that the illegals crossing the desert had a water supply. We thought that was so kind of our gov. to waste money on supplying them that water.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #11093
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

did you pee in it?
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #11094
sirhk100

Nah, we drove right on by...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #11095
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
here's the offroad pedophile showing the proper way to cross the street.

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/10974977

and here he is running out of talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhcX4Ke2Ug
Dangit - first vid doesnt work, the second is ten seconds of nothing. I was all sorts of excited to see some cool stuff too.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #11096
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So my buddy wants to do a Jeep run Saturday morning before it gets incredibly hot (so perhaps something near water, trees, or higher elevation might be good). He's relatively new to Jeeping, rolling a 94 YJ on 33's with 4" of lift & open diff's. We are kinda burned out on Potato Ridge and Logandale is too far for a relatively tame trail.

Any suggestions?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #11097
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
So my buddy wants to do a Jeep run Saturday morning before it gets incredibly hot (so perhaps something near water, trees, or higher elevation might be good). He's relatively new to Jeeping, rolling a 94 YJ on 33's with 4" of lift & open diff's. We are kinda burned out on Potato Ridge and Logandale is too far for a relatively tame trail.

Any suggestions?
Mt Charleston area. Mormon Well Springs Rd. is a nice long trip from 95 behind the saddle mountains to 93. Nothing challenging just nice sight seeing. The Wild life refuge is massive and the is also a trial I haven't been on that runs near the AFB range to the left. Cold Creek/ Wheelers pass is an option as well but get up early because it's a long one that ends in Pahrump. There are wild horses at Cold Creek. All of these are off of 95 north around Lee and Kyle Canyon rd.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #11098
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

spanish trail or cottonwood pass or whatever it was we did that other time is nice and easy. ends at the pioneer saloon!

Or do carpenter canyon. Easy ride. 12 miles in 12 miles out. Has a stream and everything at the end.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #11099
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

How do some of these trails compare to rocky gap? Crawling wise...

And i heard if you run all of the washes and stay off the main trail rocky gap is a 3 to 3.5 on the trail scale.
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #11100
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Can anybody recommend a good paint/body shop?

My girl wants to reprint the 69 nova and I need some suggestions.

Nothing crazy or super show quality, just a good paint job. No Maaco or 'one day' crap.

Only needs a smalllll amount of body work. There is a 2x3 area of rust under a side window.

Suggestions? She wants to check out the places this weekend and get some quotes.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.