Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 74 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #1096
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is a vertical mine / vent. Almost all of them are blocked by barb wire, but easy to get around. They really should seal them. You can see this one keeps going. We dropped a few rocks and it was a while before they stopped. If you get curious like we did and go past the barb wire barrier, please use extreme caution. The ground may appear steady, but there is lots of soft gypsum in the area. The ground can break lose with very little weight.

img_1412.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #1097
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There are so many webs of trails in this area. This is a place you can visit again and again and see something new every time. We began the trail here at the fire station:
3550'11.86"N , 11526'25.58"W

Take the fork left here to the mines:
3551'48.31"N , 11529'13.24"W

Terrain was very easy. Didn't use 4WD at all in that area. Highly recommended trail run. Thanks again, Mike for the tip. I live close, but never knew it was there.
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #1098
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Rat population + enclose spaces and tight quarters = hantavirus.

I'd not be hanging around rodents in areas like that too long!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #1099
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tj frenchman mtn structures

heres a pic of the structures I decribed earlier. this is quite easy to get to, which is obvious per the excessive tagging on it. G's are lazy, so you know its aesy to find.
_dsc7758.jpg   _dsc7758copy.jpg  
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #1100
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks ysb for posting these gps #'s i really want to check these trails out. if any one is interested in going, id like to go back to the anniversary mine again soon
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #1101
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm always up for adventure. Probably headed out to northern AZ on Saturday to explore some of the routes out by Bonelli Bay. Leaving early-ish. I want to grab some GPS tracks and pictures for my blog, and generally just see what's out there.
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #1102
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not sure what or where that is, Powr.

We went out to the Yellow Pine district again today. We knew rain was expected, but figured our luck from yesterday would hold. We were fine the first few hours, but about 5 miles into the trail, the skies opened up. I wasn't so much worried about the trail. Along the way, we didn't see any areas that were washed out previously. I was more worried about having to reconnect my sway links in the rain. It sucked.

We saw that same albino horse you guys previously saw around Cottonwood Pass. No wonder I haven't seen them around there lately. They were much further south.
img_1539.jpg  
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #1103
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is another mine we came across. This one only went back about 100 feet.
img_1597.jpg  
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #1104
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There are still plenty of places there we haven't seen. If anyone cares to have a look with us, we'll be back either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #1105
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anniversary mine is about half way to Overton on lake mead blvd. North end wash is the turn off, the trail goes through 2 washes and then follows a wash to a slot canyon. Fun little trail
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #1106
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Rat population + enclose spaces and tight quarters = hantavirus.

I'd not be hanging around rodents in areas like that too long!
That's good advice, Dr. Marn. My wife and I are fairly experienced with caves. Not as much with mines, but the precautions are similar. If you're careful not to stir up dust and avoid touching walls, you should be good.
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #1107
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Anniversary mine is about half way to Overton on lake mead blvd. North end wash is the turn off, the trail goes through 2 washes and then follows a wash to a slot canyon. Fun little trail
Not that. I know where Anniversary Mine is. We were just at the narrows there recently.

I was saying I didn't know where that structure in your picture is.
Unread 09-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #1108
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

The grafitti in the picture reminded me of something in the news recently. Do you men remember in late 2010 some a-hole spray painted all over Red Rock Canyon? He tagged over petroglyphs possibly hundreds of years old. The responsible was recently sentenced to 9 months in jail and $23,775 in restitution. That's a stiff penalty for grafitti, but well deserved.
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #1109
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Here is another mine we came across. This one only went back about 100 feet.
Packing heat! Were you afraid you were going to run into one of the photoshoped horses in there?
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1110
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The structures in my pics are at the base of Frenchman mtn just north of sahara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.