Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 738 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #11056
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Aside from day car, kids aren't that bad once you get past the initial investment. Still so worth it. I never thought I would enjoy a kid so much, but I do!
$1400/month is more then both of my house payments combined fyi... I'll stick with my mutt. I don't know what I'm missing by not having a kid so it doesn't bother me a single bit that I don't have one. I would know what I'd be missing not having that $1400/month though...

Not to mention, looking back on it, my parents were amazing parents and still are to this day. Yet I was a complete jerk growing up and they didn't deserve the crap I put them thru trying to learn to be a responsible adult. Getting arrested, drinking in TJ, sneaking out at night, etc... All that crap... Yeah, I'll stick with my dog. I believe I turned out a decent adult but it wasn't an easy road for my parents to steer me towards! Whens the initial investment end? I know I didn't have the money to pay the fines when I got arrested in my early teens or to pay for all the crap I broke, damaged, etc growing up. Even with jobs...

Like I said, I don't know what I'm missing from a parents perspective but I do know what I'm missing from the jerk kid that grew up. LOL I'm quite happy myself without a kid that's for sure!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #11057
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I never thought I would enjoy a kid so much, but I do!
This is probably exactly what the dude with the FJ said! lol
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #11058
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's the FBI release:
http://www.fbi.gov/losangeles/press-...022509ausa.htm

Looks like it all started from a Yahoo chat room. Idiot.
imagesca0g0b1n.jpg  
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #11059
sirhk100

^^^^^^^ Oh slam!!!!

On a side note, the dude from the FJ built some badass rides in his twisted day! Has one of the best wreck videos ever. Just a bummer he didn't get taken care of in that wreck!

Unread 05-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #11060
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
$1400/month is more then both of my house payments combined fyi... I'll stick with my mutt. I don't know what I'm missing by not having a kid so it doesn't bother me a single bit that I don't have one. I would know what I'd be missing not having that $1400/month though...

Not to mention, looking back on it, my parents were amazing parents and still are to this day. Yet I was a complete jerk growing up and they didn't deserve the crap I put them thru trying to learn to be a responsible adult. Getting arrested, drinking in TJ, sneaking out at night, etc... All that crap... Yeah, I'll stick with my dog. I believe I turned out a decent adult but it wasn't an easy road for my parents to steer me towards! Whens the initial investment end? I know I didn't have the money to pay the fines when I got arrested in my early teens or to pay for all the crap I broke, damaged, etc growing up. Even with jobs...

Like I said, I don't know what I'm missing from a parents perspective but I do know what I'm missing from the jerk kid that grew up. LOL I'm quite happy myself without a kid that's for sure!
My thoughts exactly.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #11061
sirhk100

Donahoe went under for obvious reasons and the line was picked up by Icon shocks and they ran with it. They turned it into a pretty high end shock company and ditched the fab side of the product line. I probably helped fund his extra curricular activities. I bought a set of his radius arms and was running them on my old ford explorer. This was back in like '01 or '02.

Unread 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #11062
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
My thoughts exactly.
LOL, now my mom on the other hand would be more then stoked if she ever became a grandma and I think my dad would be happy to know the fun I have to look forward to in the future as revenge! LOL

Unread 05-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #11063
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

I did the Burro Wash trail yesterday, and I don't really recommend it. Washboard roads the entire time, it was the bumpiest most uncomfortable road I think I've ever driven the Jeep on. If you were thinking about doing it, I'd probably save my day and try another trail instead.
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #11064
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282
I did the Burro Wash trail yesterday, and I don't really recommend it. Washboard roads the entire time, it was the bumpiest most uncomfortable road I think I've ever driven the Jeep on. If you were thinking about doing it, I'd probably save my day and try another trail instead.
Thanks for the heads up. I was curious about it. Did you air down at all?
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #11065
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I was curious about it. Did you air down at all?
The last time I aired down, it cleared the room.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #11066
sirhk100

Burro wash is a rocky rattle trap. Unless you're running it at like 2psi on 37" tires to try and make it feel more like a smooth road I personally don't see any enjoyment on that one. A stock 4wd vehicle is really all that's needed to get all the way down to the water and back but man, it's relentless.

Unread 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #11067
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks, William. Crossed that trail off my list.

Thanks, sirhk. I was just driving and saw 2 FJ's. I eyed them both suspiciously.
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #11068
sirhk100

I had an FJ stored at my house a few weeks back for more then a week. I felt creepy about it so I never even drove it. I just hid it around back under tarps so nobody would associate it with me! LOL

The beach at the end of burro wash is decent, the trail to and from is neither smooth fun or rocky 4wd fun. It's just chip your teeth rough.

Unread 05-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #11069
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Is there another trail to the river that isn't washboard, but technical enough to keep the dooshes out? Theres a decent one to the lake on the Arizona side that's not too bad, but I've seen fifth wheels at that beach. I'm sure more and more people know about it, as more time goes by. Also, I did a kayaking trip with a buddy and his parents about 8 yrs ago. The company dropped us in the water below the dam literally at the pylons and picked us up at cottonwood, I believe. That was an awesome trip. Anyone know of a trip similar to that or anyone interested in setting stuff like that up? If a few of us got kayaks and could organize transportation to and from drop off and pick up, it could be fun. The river was cool an clean with few bugs. I would love to do more of that, but having a pick up spot to load your stuff on down river is definitely the way to go.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #11070
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Aside from day car, kids aren't that bad once you get past the initial investment. Still so worth it. I never thought I would enjoy a kid so much, but I do!
My better half who's a few years older than me (but still young lookin) has 4 grandkids and it's always a fun time when they visit, makes me wish I had some of my own but it's probably too late I'd be at least sixty til they were out of the house and kids will probably live with there parents til they're 30 by then

Oh and it's also fun searching the web for hours for the perfect birthday present/toy for a 2 year old that they will throw away in a week
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.