Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#14,702 ·
sirhk100 said:
davidson... craigslist. Curious, do you know what you're looking for or just in the beginning stages?

We had a small group of trucks go out offroading last night.

Only one minor mishap...
How did he roll it? Too much go in too tight of a turn? Or did he catch a big rut?

#14,711 ·
Probably being retards
Nailed it!!!!

Completely 100% flat lake bed, doing about 50 thinking he's ken block but his tires gripped a bit better then he thought mid drift.

Basically he was being a complete idiot!

There was a solid handful of idiots on the run! About 80% of them never even hit a bump and got their jolly's doing circles on the lake bed. A couple actually went out and hit a bump or two.

I was pretty stoked, I was able to grab 4th gear thru tranny alley which is about 2'-3' deep rollers and whoops! It was my first time running that section and considering my truck isn't remotely dialed in it was almost scary how fast it was thru there and now knowing how much fast it will be once I button up the front end and tune the shocks more!

I got video footage but haven't done anything with it yet...

#14,712 ·
B0nez said:
My bad.. quick glance said chrome.. I was more interested with the 3rd to pay much attention to the wheels. Agreed on the chrome thing, I would take aluminum any day over chrome crap.
Haha I was just messing with you. But yea they are raw and going to be a beast to keep clean!

Khris you going to check out anything V2R related? I took off work thurs and Friday to chase/pit for my TX buddies. Figured the experience wouldn't hurt and see if I don't die in this heat lol

#14,713 ·
I'm honestly not sure. I've got some long time family friends that said they were coming into town to spectate or chase for one of their friends. If they go I might try and at least meet up with them to say hello for a bit. Honestly though, I wasn't planning on it... Figured I'd keep my nose to the ground and keep slaving away in the garage to get myself on the starting line rather then watching others do it... LOL

Got the roof back on and ready to be ground down smooth where I welded the seams. I have no clue what to use though in the corners and tight spots...

Started on the engine cage too but this is all I'm doing for now. I just wanted to get all the firewall holes cut and dealt with asap so I can get back in and continue inside the cab. Going to start working on seat mounts, steering column, pedals, dash install, etc... I want to get it all in and set up asap so we can get going on wiring and not be rushed. While it's being wired I can go back and finish up the front at the same time.

#14,718 ·
From pikes peak over the weekend... all of a sudden I don't feel like my cage is overkill at all! One of the occupants got a leg broke, that's it...

yeah when I saw this pic i was just all "oh ****!"

#14,720 ·
Well, I have to be up early on Saturday so i would like to do either a my charleston hike or wheeling trail. Haven't been to Mary Jane falls in a while. By early I mean like 8 or 9. Need to get away from the little monsters for a short while!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.