Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 731 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #10951
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You better hope not, sirhk. You post more about your truck than your Jeep.
That's cause my truck is worth more then my jeep, is 100% self built and has about a million times more man hours in it then my jeep and is a lot more fun in the dirt then my jeep. But, I do own a pretty decent jeep and part of my career and lively hood involves designing parts for jeeps so I'm pretty sure I fit the criteria for being on here.

If you want I can talk dirt bikes since I've been riding those for 27 years now?

Here you go, I'll post about a different truck!!! It needs an alignment but the fact it's got tires on it for the first time in over a year is pretty exciting to me! It might actually be home this week finally! (not my truck but my next garage project.)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #10952
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Spent some quality time in the mountains west of Nelson and came across a mine that looked promising, but was all tease, as you can see from the pictures below.

LOL, could've told you both of those were a bust. The little metal covered area down below in the first one with the 55gallon barrels laying around it are a normal resting area to get out of the sun when we're out there on dirt bikes.

I do know where there's one with a REALLY deep vertical shaft that's a bit further south from there. There's a standing structure and a horizontal shaft right across the wash from it also.

Unread 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #10953
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I just watched the test and it was pointless, but still cool. They didn't test all of the most powerful versions of each car just a model of each car. I hate motor trend because they compare cars that are no where near the same price or optioned cars. I read a test a few years ago they had between to convertibles. A maxxed out optioned cobra mustang convertible against a base model corvette. Guess witch one won?

A cool thing still but should have had a zr1 vette, a new gt500 stang, only one Porsche, and also had a price comparo. I guess that's why I'm not in the magazine industry.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #10954
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My wife wants this
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #10955
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I just watched the test and it was pointless, but still cool. They didn't test all of the most powerful versions of each car just a model of each car. I hate motor trend because they compare cars that are no where near the same price or optioned cars. I read a test a few years ago they had between to convertibles. A maxxed out optioned cobra mustang convertible against a base model corvette. Guess witch one won?

A cool thing still but should have had a zr1 vette, a new gt500 stang, only one Porsche, and also had a price comparo. I guess that's why I'm not in the magazine industry.

haha, when I was doing some research on if I should buy a rubicon or not I came across one. It starts off with the land rover being knocked out because the street tires were not aggressive enough. At the end it came down to the Rubicon and some offroad version xterra. And they say the xterra wins because the rubicon's tires are too aggressive.

haha here is the article http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #10956
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

That's cause my truck is worth more then my jeep,
What would it take to make a Jeep that can handle jumps and offroad speed like your truck?
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #10957
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
In discussing the Jeep they said:

"The front and rear lockers and swaybar disconnect are cool tech, but about as old school as it gets, yet they get the job done. Nothing compares with the front and rear electric locking differentials. Ultralow low-range gear [4.00:1] transfer case also helps with crawling, but lightness and shovel-like tires almost have it digging into the hillclimb too much."

Huh? The front and rear lockers are "as old school as it gets" but "nothing compares with the front and rear electric locking differentials?" The fact that they included the H3 in the test goes to show that they know nothing.
Unread 05-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #10958
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think I actually watched a video that they made... I am too lazy to read that much
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #10959
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
What would it take to make a Jeep that can handle jumps and offroad speed like your truck?
Shocks, a lot of metal, and a lot of sweat and cuss words. Basically the same thing as my truck...

http://www.jeepspeed.net/smf/index.php?topic=442.0

http://www.jeepspeed.net/smf/index.p...264&board=22.0

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #10960
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

...or just let Ysb drive it! He's like Richard Petty on the dirt! I think there's probably a dent under his gas petal from him stabbing bit too hard! Crazy fother mucker!
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #10961
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I was wondering if it was my driving style that destroyed my rear shocks, but surely it has to be the shocks. They should be able to handle washboard at 40 MPH, right? The broken piston had to be a fluke, but the crumbled bushing seems to be common.

Are Skyjacker and Rancho made by the same company? I've read about bushings in both brands lasting as little as a day.
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #10962
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Shocks, a lot of metal, and a lot of sweat and cuss words. Basically the same thing as my truck...

http://www.jeepspeed.net/smf/index.php?topic=442.0
Don't know much about the process, but that guy had some beautiful welds.
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #10963
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Unread 05-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #10964
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think they are both made by Monroe.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #10965
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Some of the posts I read where the bushings lasted less than a week were from several years ago. Figured they'd figure out there's a problem by now. Kind of weird how mine were set up. Front shocks had poly bushings top and bottom, but the rear shocks only had poly on the bottom. Top were a very soft rubber with the bar pins already secured.

That's another thing. The bar pins were just rolled sheet metal. I thought that was stupid too, but it seems that's how almost all of them are made.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.