Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 730 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #10936
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
Agreed. I have always thought their FJ series vehicles were cool, this just adds to the awesomeness of ICON. Talk about a dream job!

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #10937
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would drive one of those
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #10938
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know of a 1995-1998 Cherokee XJ for sale that looks like it's in good shape???

I might have to sell my DD, and I'm looking at an XJ to replace it, but I can't seem to find one that I like on craigslist
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #10939
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Who has some Beretta 96 mags that they want to get rid of? I need atleast 1 for USPSA tomorrow.
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #10940
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Spent some quality time in the mountains west of Nelson and came across a mine that looked promising, but was all tease, as you can see from the pictures below.
001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg  

006.jpg  
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #10941
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Taking the cat out to Fletcher falls.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #10942
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282
Anyone know of a 1995-1998 Cherokee XJ for sale that looks like it's in good shape???

I might have to sell my DD, and I'm looking at an XJ to replace it, but I can't seem to find one that I like on craigslist
Keep looking, a nice on will pop up every so often. What's your price range?
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #10943
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just got home from the devil dash.. Had a bunch of fun.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #10944
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I picked the top two correctly, but I'm kind of a Godzilla fan. I did expect the Corvette and and the SLS to do better than the R8 though.
I've owned two Corvettes, so I was hoping it would do better. I didn't expect it to win. I was just rooting for American muscle.

That Nissan really surrpised me. I know they make some good cars. I just don't think of Nissan when I think supercar.
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #10945
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Great pictures too, D. I think we may have been to the one with the concrete blocks. Pretty sure that was an explosives shed. We saw the same cardboard paper in there that we've seen in other explosives sheds in wooden crates.

That back trail that leads to Fire Mountain Rd has a bunch of portals and adits, but they all seemed to be shallow prospects. I need to get some printed maps of that area. My GPS offroad maps haven't been updated since 2009. Most of those trails date well before then, but for some reason, they're not shown. Not sure why Garmin hasn't released any new offroad maps. Probably putting all their efforts into the imagery maps.
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #10946
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Great pictures too, D. I think we may have been to the one with the concrete blocks. Pretty sure that was an explosives shed. We saw the same cardboard paper in there that we've seen in other explosives sheds in wooden crates.

That back trail that leads to Fire Mountain Rd has a bunch of portals and adits, but they all seemed to be shallow prospects. I need to get some printed maps of that area. My GPS offroad maps haven't been updated since 2009. Most of those trails date well before then, but for some reason, they're not shown. Not sure why Garmin hasn't released any new offroad maps. Probably putting all their efforts into the imagery maps.
Heading south on Aztec Wash Road past the turnoff to Fire Mountain Cove, there's an active mining claim (or recently active) that there in the Lake Mead boundaries. It was for sale a few years ago, not sure if it still is. They claimed it was producing gold, but apparently not enough for them to not want to sell it!
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #10947
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

BTW ... if the truck in the picture below belongs to you, you should be punched in the face ... at least a couple of times. If the truck belongs to someone you know, (1) why in the world would you be friends with the kind of a$$ that would buy a truck like this, and (2) you should punch him in the face ... at least a couple of times. This mensa decided to pass me on the right, on the right shoulder, and then swung into the portion of my lane that I was occupying. My antilocks had a fit I jammed the brakes so hard and just barely missed a collision. If my kid wasn't in the jeep (and if I had a steel front bumper) I might have just held my ground.
2012-05-12-18.12.54.jpg  
Unread 05-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #10948
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That makes 2- lkearoc and wythot. I'll keep an eye out for that one too. A little recon goes a long way! If I locate either of them, we'll have a little party!
Unread 05-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #10949
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
That makes 2- lkearoc and wythot. I'll keep an eye out for that one too. A little recon goes a long way! If I locate either of them, we'll have a little party!
I can run the plates at my work and get all kinds of info on them.
Unread 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #10950
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

For those of you who aren't my friends on Facebook, we posted this earlier today ...
550555_3595133349756_1016121485_3269280_1031770894_n.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.