Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 727 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #10891
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I do find it very strange that an individual would get a gerbil, spend a few hundred bucks on him, then he dies.

I wonder if they just pierced a few hundred 1 gauge studs on him for that "extra" feeling... and he died. Somehow he suffocated to death

Unread 05-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #10892
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tentative shooting plans will be for tomorrow around 9ish at Sloan. If there's lots of OT tonight, I'll miss out again. I'll post when I know more, but will probably meet at Sloan and lv blvd just off the freeway. I'll be bringing my easy up for shade and if anyone else has one and wants to go, it makes it much more enjoyable to not be in direct sun the whole time. I may go even if I have to get out there late, just to go have fun.
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #10893
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I won't be too far from you then. Someone was nice enough to help me set up my climbing anchors yesterday and I can't wait to get into a mine with them. I'll probably be right down the road from you shooters in Goodsprings.
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #10894
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

They'll make sure to yell 'fore' if any stray shots head towards your direction.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #10895
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just left for work...it's effing hot outside! Definitely will need shade if we will be shooting. Anyone else with a canopy wanting to go shooting? I'll have a better idea how late I'm working around 8ish tonight.
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #10896
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Just left for work...it's effing hot outside! Definitely will need shade if we will be shooting. Anyone else with a canopy wanting to go shooting? I'll have a better idea how late I'm working around 8ish tonight.
I have a plan in the works to buil a collapsable shade tarp/awning that extends from the roof rack of my wagoneer, for an event just such as this...as well as camping trips. However, sadly, its still in the concept stage. All I really need is some tent poles, a canvas tarp, and some nylon straps and buckles.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #10897
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I have a plan in the works to buil a collapsable shade tarp/awning that extends from the roof rack of my wagoneer, for an event just such as this...as well as camping trips. However, sadly, its still in the concept stage. All I really need is some tent poles, a canvas tarp, and some nylon straps and buckles.
What a sweet idea! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #10898
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I used to hate driving down the highway at 65mph when it was 100+ out.

Requires you to have the doors off. my hearing seriously isnt all that great anymore, and i blame it on countless hours of driving with the doors and top off the jeep because it was so hot out.

Theres not a whole lost much worse for your ears than the wind constantly bashing them.
Hard doors on, windows rolled up with A/C on going down the freeway and it's great and not that noisy in my opinion. My toyota is actually louder to be honest. On the city streets I usually have the windows down and ac off during the summer. I guess my idea of bad is different then others? Then again, I race dirt bikes and for some reason enjoy getting the crap kicked outta me!

When the time comes to do an axle for me I'm 100% for sure going 8.8 route. I've researched a ton of other routes and unless something falls in my lap at a stupid low price, even with discounts and hookups a 8.8 swap just makes sense for strength and cost on my needs.

Dana 35 build up... cost of locker, cost of heavy duty axle kit, still on drums.

8.8... Axle and brackets ($300), Locker (wash for above), gears (offsets the axle kit purchase above), labor is mine so free. So for about $300, which is nothing, I get disc brakes and a stronger axle all the way around. Seems like a no brainer to me. Now if I was starting with a 44 though, I'd have to probably reconsider my options.

I'd like to build a small awning off the side of my enclosed trailer!!! I decided that last weekend while camping out at nelson hills. Picture of last weekends fun!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #10899
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Carroll Shelby died today! Sad day
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #10900
sirhk100

^^^^^ yesterday if you wanna get technical... He's been in the hospital for a while. I used to be in meetings with him up till about a year and a half ago. He's only been leaving texas for BIG events since. Longest living person with a heart transplant I believe. (we do a lot of manufacturing for Shelby Performance Parts)

Unread 05-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #10901
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This looks nice, but looks really expensive too. I like how you don't have to ground it.
http://www.hannibal.co.za/Default.asp?pageid=543
Unread 05-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #10902
sirhk100

Yeah, that's a pretty cool awning setup!

Unread 05-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #10903
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Sirhk, steal the idea!
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #10904
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that is a good design.

MMCKEIG up there has the smittybilt tire awning thing, and thats where i got the idea. I plan to just get 2 large tent poles, and roll them up inside the tarp. I will roll the tarp up into the roof rack, and secure it with a few straps stitched into the tarp.

Just use buckles and straps to attach it to my roof rack on the other end. unroll it, stand up the poles, put some stakes in the ground, and its done.

can also be removed easily for times when i'm not going camping or anything. I just need to find a decent tarp, i dont want to use a vinyl tarp, hopefully canvas.

Unread 05-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #10905
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Canvas would get heavy...quickly. Hit up a surplus store and get a mesh. It's light, should be relatively inexpensive and provide enough shade to be comfortable without the added weight of canvas. Plus it won't be nearly as stiff and difficult to flatten.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.