Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 724 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #10846
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I was once studying to become a vet. I also worked in an clinic for about 5 yrs. I am not a professional but I'll give you some pointers. You can tell a lot from stool. If it has a strong iron smell to it I could be parvo which in most cases a killer. If his stool is loose he could be stressed, dehydrated, or he could have coccidia which is a parasite. If his stool is still firm and he isn't dehydrated I'm at a loss. Keep him well hydrated and no people food. Puppies especially will develop a taste for it and not eat their dog food. If he starts throwing up blood or passing very bloody stool he could have an intestinal blockage. There are a lot of could bes there. I know a good vet who is super cheap (former employer) but I would trust him with my life. Just ask and I will PM you his info. If there are any other symptoms let me know and I'll help you as much as I can.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #10847
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Seriously what? Yes his gums are white his poop is normal and his per is fine he's up playing right now actually.

How the hell am I pissing you off?
If his gums are white he is anemic and probably has worms or something else. You need to take it to the vet.

http://www.ehow.com/list_5978733_cau...-puppies_.html

This is day one ****. how old are you?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #10848
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

X2 white gums are bad. Press on his gums with your finger then let go. If the color doesn't come back immediately you've got a problem.

Here is the info. Dr. Jerry P Gumfory 702-645-7999 he's the man and super cheap.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #10849
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

How the hell are you 24 and don't know how to take care of a dog?
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #10850
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ok let me clarify some things. His poop is not bloody, pee is fine, not throwing up anymore.

I literally just checked his gums and they are not white they are pink just like mine my bad for that.

My fiance worked at a vet for awhile and its not parvo she says because his poop would be like bloody piss and constantly throwing up. And she said she would have taken the dog in to our vet if it was parvo immediately.

And I'm 24 years old.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #10851
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Ok let me clarify some things. His poop is not bloody, pee is fine, not throwing up anymore.

I literally just checked his gums and they are not white they are pink just like mine my bad for that.

My fiance worked at a vet for awhile and its not parvo she says because his poop would be like bloody piss and constantly throwing up. And she said she would have taken the dog in to our vet if it was parvo immediately.

And I'm 24 years old.
So WTF was the initial post about if there isn't a problem? Are you drunk posting?
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #10852
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

His poop is fine ksturgio no bad smell and it smells like normal dog turds do and hasn't thrown up since Tuesday night and he only threw up like 6 times total. I mean he's wagging his tail. He was playing for a bit after the first post so what I said before is kind of non relevent now.

My initial post was an inquiry and advice post on where if there was something you guys could think of.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #10853
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I'm glad the dog situation is sorted out. I think you fiancee knows best.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #10854
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Oops Im not gay I didn't mean fiance I meant fiancée. Just noticed from polka's post.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #10855
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright now polka is not pissed anymore. I didn't ask these questions to make myself hated by people here as I'd like to be friends with y'all.

The only stupid question is the question that's not asked.

Do you still like me polka?

Oh and ksturgio thanks for the number. Where is that vet located? I go to Durango animal hospital myself.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #10856
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Alright now polka is not pissed anymore. I didn't ask these questions to make myself hated by people here as I'd like to be friends with y'all.

The only stupid question is the question that's not asked.

Do you still like me polka?

Oh and ksturgio thanks for the number. Where is that vet located? I go to Durango animal hospital myself.
Lol I think if you go back and read what you posted you will see that it was a bit vague. Just a misunderstanding. What I don't understand is that you have a vet tech there just ask her. I guess I am just a huge dog lover.

Besides, I think the only one you need to watch out for is Bunny. He is a real dog lover. And PWR hates pigeons therefore he and Mike Tyson would not get along. Just try and keep those two out of a room.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #10857
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I still dont like you dog hater! Lol! J/K!! I hope things go better for your pup.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #10858
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I still dont like you dog hater! Lol! J/K!! I hope things go better for your pup.
We were just moving past this dude, why do you have to pour salt in the wound?
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #10859
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I'm a dog lover also. I actually called animal control on a junkyard here in town because this BIG dog was limping and looked dirty and nasty.

Well I don't like you either puck or were you talking about me at all? Either way I don't like you jk

Yes it was a misunderstanding.
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #10860
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I honestly never thought of asking the woman as she was sleeping... I think this is why she doesn't like me doing my own thing as she says I never say or do it right lmao

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.