Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 71 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #1051
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ran Yellow Pine Minning Dist. out of Goodsprings and Potosi.
Bloody Marry start

Just a few

MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #1052
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Who did you do the run with?

Why doesnt anybody post up that they are making a run....isnt that what this thread is for?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #1053
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't post runs up on this thread as its more of a general chat chit thread at least to me.
Unread 09-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #1054
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

The run by MikeSW was a Desert Wrangler run from their meetup site, if I'm not mistaken.
Unread 09-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #1055
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Great pictures, Mike! Could you post up some coordinates to those mines?
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #1056
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I think I found it. Does this look like the area in your pictures?
35°51'6.53"N , 115°29'39.90"W

I've never been on any trails south of Goodsprings. Are they designated trails?
Unread 09-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #1057
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I wouldn't post runs up on this thread as its more of a general chat chit thread at least to me.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #1058
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Who did you do the run with?

Why doesnt anybody post up that they are making a run....isnt that what this thread is for?
Please see post #1056

This was a last Min. run
Unread 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #1059
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Ah, well the whole purpose of it was to serve as a place where events can be posted so we dont have to look all around different threads and sites, regardless of chit chat.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #1060
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Oh, then I completely misunderstood the premise of this thread. I took the title to mean it was a review and discussion of local trails.

I know I've derailed this thread a little and for that, I apologize. However, I do think that some of the best conversations on this forum discussed things other than the original topic. After all, the point of a conversation is the exchange of ideas.

I do see their point though. It would probably be better to post trail runs and meets in a separate thread rather than buried several dozen pages into this one where it could be easily missed. Is there a reason it can't be talked about in this thread and in another? Nobody will mind, will they?
Unread 09-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #1061
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We Started here. Latitude: 35° 49' 47.748" N /Longitude: 115° 26' 41.028" E this is where Yellow Pine Mining Dist Trail Starts If you have the Nevada Trails Southern Addition book it is trail #20 (http://www.amazon.com/Nevada-Trails-Southern-Region-Massey/dp/1930193149)
I love that book and it gives you all GPS coordinates

There is another one that we went to and is pretty cool Latitude: 35° 53' 58.488" N Longitude: 115° 32' 57.408" E
I poped the fuse in my power supply for my gps so I cant give you a clean route.

The Desert Wrangler meet up group is fun. If you don’t want to do hard core rock climbing it the group for you. As in any club there is good and bad. What has change is that if there is a fun run posted any one can attended as a guest. The fun runs can be a step up from the mild stock friendly runs the club will do. As a lot of this trail was 1-2. We did get in to a few areas where 4 wheel drive was needed and I even had to uses my winch to help a jeep up a hill that got dug out a bit. I am not pushing the club but if you looking to get on the trails almost every weekend. You can do it here.
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #1062
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, Mike. Here's the deal. Your group looks like a great bunch, but I hate having my Jeep next to really nice ones like those. It only reinforces that my Jeep is just a hair better than the girls Barbie Jeep's.

Thanks for the coordinates. I'l have to look into that soon. The book looks like a good reference. I should have checked Borders for it before they closed. I hate having to wait for things in the mail.
Unread 09-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1063
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

My wife complains when I come home from Desert Wrangler's things, because I start planning new mods.
Unread 09-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #1064
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Ah, well the whole purpose of it was to serve as a place where events can be posted so we dont have to look all around different threads and sites, regardless of chit chat.
Oh yeah I know what it was made for I'm just saying people in this thread like just talking, which is a GOOD thing. I'm just saying a person might put a run up on page 3 and if people go and say hi and post up other things it'll get lost and people won't notice it at all.

I think we should have another thread just dedicated to runs and who wants to go. That way this will be our I put tons and 42's under my jeep thread! Lol
Unread 09-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #1065
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh good. That way we would have two different threads for chit chat!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.