Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#13,921 ·
gregaf3 said:
If you plan on removing the dash that much, I would highly recommend a mil-spec type cannon plug. With the constant install/remove and vibration from racing, I do not believe that many normal automotive style connectors would hold up that good.

wooo hoo it is raining. I get off work here in a little bit, hopefully I can go find some flash floods!!! JK
My wife said it was flooding out by our place and used it as an excuse to take my truck to UNLV to register for the bar exam. She starts tomorrow and will finish testing on Thursday. It will be nice to have her back after this week. I'm really hoping she can find a good job soon.

This landlord crap is for the birds. I have a house on the East "ghetto" side of town I bought for $53,000. I have had it for about a year now and lookin back I wish I never would have bought it. Only ****ty people will live there, and they destroy everything. I make enough on rent to cover the loan and a little extra. Every time some one moves out or gets evicted I'm screwed on repairs. Hopefully prices will go up soon or Im going to cut my losses on it. Anyone want to fire bomb a house? JK

#13,922 ·
ksturgio said:
My wife said it was flooding out by our place and used it as an excuse to take my truck to UNLV to register for the bar exam. She starts tomorrow and will finish testing on Thursday. It will be nice to have her back after this week. I'm really hoping she can find a good job soon.

This landlord crap is for the birds. I have a house on the East "ghetto" side of town I bought for $53,000. I have had it for about a year now and lookin back I wish I never would have bought it. Only ****ty people will live there, and they destroy everything. I make enough on rent to cover the loan and a little extra. Every time some one moves out or gets evicted I'm screwed on repairs. Hopefully prices will go up soon or Im going to cut my losses on it. Anyone want to fire bomb a house? JK
How much for rent?

#13,924 ·
When did you buy outta curiosity and did you go into it buying as an investment rental type property? Only asking cause I'm having drinks with a chick on wed night with the false pretense of talking to her about doing something similar. Okay, actually I am tossing around the thought of it and am looking for others opinions. But really the main reason I'm meeting her for drinks is cause she's hot and single... Will talk some shop but hoping to keep it minimal, find out my info and then move onto social casual talk. LOL

#13,925 ·
House prices plummeted everywhere, but where you can buy a house for the cost of an SRT challenger, only scumbags will live in the area! I used to live at lamb and charleston, and 10 yrs ago, it was...ok, fifteen years ago, it was a decent place to live. Since '06, it has gone seriously down hill. Latinos living 3-4 families per home are the norm over there, graffiti and junk cars are everywhere. They do mobile car washes in the streets. They are seriously bringing the lifestyle and habits from Mexico and its becoming like any given Mexican town. Buildings in disrepair, yards look like crap, and trash and other garbage litters the neighborhoods. It's really a shame, and lots of people don't realize that Mexico is classified as a third world country! It's not racist, it's fact!

#13,926 ·
our plan is to rent if we do end up going overseas. Rent in this area has been going between 1400-1600 for houses my size. Hopefully that price range will keep out some of the hoodlums. As it gets closer I am going to start looking at companies to manage the property, and while it is expensive (around 10% of rent) it will be worth it. Most of the management companies will do full background check, collect rent, and follow up on your property. While my wife is in Korea I plan on building up a separate account just to handle the house. We will try to keep some extra money in there to cover the mortgage if we do not have renters, keep the security deposits, and keep funds for repairs. Hopefully with a separate account we will not run into any issues and I will be able to tell when it is safe to pull my cut out.

#13,928 ·
sirhk100 said:
When did you buy outta curiosity and did you go into it buying as an investment rental type property? Only asking cause I'm having drinks with a chick on wed night with the false pretense of talking to her about doing something similar. Okay, actually I am tossing around the thought of it and am looking for others opinions. But really the main reason I'm meeting her for drinks is cause she's hot and single... Will talk some shop but hoping to keep it minimal, find out my info and then move onto social casual talk. LOL
Purely investment. I make some money off of it but it is such a hassle. If I hire a management comp I'll make nothing on it. I bought in mid 2010. I know you make the money when the market comes back and selling it but I don't know if I want to tough it out and wait for that to happen.

My wife and I have put off buying a house until she takes the bar, but buying right now is next to impossible. By time i put an offer in on a house an investment company buys it with cash.

We may move in with her parents because we have finished our lease on our apartment and having been paying an extra $250 for not signing another lease and paying month to month. They said last month that they were going to either make us sign a new lease or force us out.

#13,929 ·
My wife and I have put off buying a house until she takes the bar, but buying right now is next to impossible. By time i put an offer in on a house an investment company buys it with cash.
That's actually part of what I was going to ask the chick I'm meeting with.

I've been lucky with my house in Az that I rent out. I've had 2 different tenants in it and they've both been excellent. I've slowly built up an account with about $5K in it for emergency repairs and maintenance but it's been pretty worry free so far. Now that I say that, I do need to call a handyman to head out and fix some general stuff. Nothing tenant caused, just general wear and tear.

#13,930 ·
sirhk100 said:
That's actually part of what I was going to ask the chick I'm meeting with.

I've been lucky with my house in Az that I rent out. I've had 2 different tenants in it and they've both been excellent. I've slowly built up an account with about $5K in it for emergency repairs and maintenance but it's been pretty worry free so far. Now that I say that, I do need to call a handyman to head out and fix some general stuff. Nothing tenant caused, just general wear and tear.
I've had 2 bed bug infestations. Always roaches. Multiple holes punched in walls. Sinks broken in half. Destroyed garage doors and openers. It's just getting old.

#13,931 ·
Ugh, yeah that's not fun at all! I've got some roof shingles that need fixed, some outside trim paint and some doors need adjusted and also one of the door locks isn't working. Literally just general maintenance type stuff...

#13,933 ·
that is not too bad though. Scott that sucks with all of that stuff, If your bug guy is not cutting it let me know... there is no icon for that one, I cannot stop laughing, I might just pee myself. I saw the house that is up the road from polka and it is trashed. For being in newer houses (under 10 years old) his neighborhood was not looking too hot. Good for him he is renting right now

We ran into issues when we bought here due to the fact that I used my va loan. With a va loan I was basically limited to flipped houses and I did not have the time to wait for a short sale. All of the foreclosed houses that I wanted had empty pools and for a va loan the house has to be 100%... so I would have to fill the pool just for the inspection. Our other issue at the time was hoping the appraisal came back good, our house came back 11k under and that was after I already lowballed 15k under the price at the time.

#13,935 ·
Once our lease is up at our current place, we'll be renting a house in Summerlin.
Everything's been ok in Summerlin, the hoa has been doing a good job at keeping the idiots out. Except for the old hairy white dudes without shirts walking around their yards, that reminds me, gotta take out the yard clippings, shirtless! :laugh:

#13,937 ·
And what people don't realize is that he could have killed everyone in the building even easier by mixing ammonia and black in the hvac ducts and locked all the exits! Then would they be trying to create laws that restrict who can buy household chemicals? It's senseless for people to blame the weapons. A firearm is a tool that only becomes a weapon when used to hurt and kill innocent people. All you military guys will jump on me for that, but think about it. Your rifle was/is a tool used to preserve your life and freedom, just as an f-22 is a tool! My two cents.

#13,940 ·
Puck81 said:
Your autospell blows. Steve if you need any plumbing work let me know!
My not-so-smart phone has ADHD or autism! :laugh: or maybe it's me that's not-so-smart? Nah, can't be!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.