Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 697 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #10441
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Have you ever had to work down around Lake Mead and Hollywood? Drove by there the other day and I saw guys who looked like the mexicans right out of training day. Scarey.
I work on that side I town 3 days a week. The other 2 I spend in Henderson.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #10442
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

how the hell do you get a couple hundred tickets?
Thought i was invisible. They tend to through the book at you (as they should) when they catch you street racing.

Not that im proud of (really not i realize i was dumb) but I got 42 tickets in one sitting. Everything from participation in a illegal speed contest to multiple illegally modified vehicle. Needles to say they gave me a room for the night and took the car.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #10443
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If I were a cop, I'd buy weed and flea market knives just to plant on people.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #10444
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I usually just dropped the right foot and cops can hear a HP V-8 a mile away, and all they have to do is look for tire smoke and/or the car rocketing past everything else. It's really easy with a duster 340 and crotch rocket bikes. The last ticket was $740, he wrote me for 115 in a 65, but actual was written as 177. He was very nice to me. Could have impounded the bike and took me in, but just wrote for speeding.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #10445
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I usually just dropped the right foot and cops can hear a HP V-8 a mile away, and all they have to do is look for tire smoke and/or the car rocketing past everything else. It's really easy with a duster 340 and crotch rocket bikes. The last ticket was $740, he wrote me for 115 in a 65, but actual was written as 177. He was very nice to me. Could have impounded the bike and took me in, but just wrote for speeding.
They just follow the tire marks and dead pigeons right to you!
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #10446
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

They just follow the tire marks and dead pigeons right to you!
yup. Back then, I thought it was cool, now I like telling the stories, but if I had known what doors it would close, I would have done things a little differently. Or I would have gotten my jeep way sooner and avoided it all! It's just as much fun on a technical trail at 5mph as it is going 100+ in a car. The only difference is, you are not likely to die at 5mph, but 100, different story! Still, had some good times and met some cool people(none of which I still talk to) and got some good experience and stories out of it.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #10447
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

yup. Back then, I thought it was cool, now I like telling the stories, but if I had known what doors it would close, I would have done things a little differently. Or I would have gotten my jeep way sooner and avoided it all! It's just as much fun on a technical trail at 5mph as it is going 100+ in a car. The only difference is, you are not likely to die at 5mph, but 100, different story! Still, had some good times and met some cool people(none of which I still talk to) and got some good experience and stories out of it.
Im on the exact same page
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #10448
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

To hell with that. I make some mad money street racing and running cars and the ladies like it. Just keep one step above the feds and it's all good.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #10449
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

when I lived in texas I pretty much saw triple digits every day. It has been a while since I was over 100... Heck the wife said she used to get up to 120 all the time between 215 and the speedway offramp when she went to work.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #10450
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
when I lived in texas I pretty much saw triple digits every day. It has been a while since I was over 100... Heck the wife said she used to get up to 120 all the time between 215 and the speedway offramp when she went to work.
I did over 130 on the 215 between Rainbow and Flamingo once at 2 in the afternoon. The statute of limitations has since passed.
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #10451
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I can chop it off with this....I shoulda picked a smaller carry knife. But where's the fun in that?
I have that exact same knife - Love it!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #10452
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Fastest ive been is 217mph. On the 95 up north a little bit
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #10453
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
Fastest ive been is 217mph. On the 95 up north a little bit
Was your brother involved as well?
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #10454
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Made it from the motor speedway to sunset station bowling center in 15 minutes. 15-95-sunset! I was moving! Had a hot date at 1030, and left the races/stunts at 1017.
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #10455
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well I dunno if I'm cool enough to hang with all you bad asses!

My last true speeding experience was when I got the jeep....I was going '75' according to my speedometer and was wondering why I was flying by everyone? Well...turns out the speedo is about 18% off.

Whoops. Bombing down the highway doing like 90 in the wag. Hahaha.

My sister is in town for a week and she drove it to redrock yesterday. I get a text asking 'is your speedometer off?'

Whoops. Probably should have told her. She was doing the same thing, and wondered why everybody was going so slow. Haha

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.