Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 696 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #10426
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I have thought about applying for metro. All my close friends have become police officers and they all love it. I may apply if they start hiring again. I'm young still I've got plenty of time. I'm just ready to quit this f ing job.
do whatcha gotta do.

Please just don't shoot me for a traffic violation.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #10427
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've seen you marn you're white.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #10428
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I've seen you marn you're white.
oh yeah, what was i thinking!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #10429
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I have thought about applying for metro. All my close friends have become police officers and they all love it. I may apply if they start hiring again. I'm young still I've got plenty of time. I'm just ready to quit this f ing job.
I was accepted to go to the interview process a few years back. I never went because I wasn't ready for the physical test(no upper body strength)
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #10430
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

I was accepted to go to the interview process a few years back. I never went because I wasn't ready for the physical test(no upper body strength)
I was a week from the polygraph and got te reject letter for speeding tickets. Metro pt test isn't bad. I just haven't run in forever.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #10431
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I was a week from the polygraph and got te reject letter for speeding tickets. Metro pt test isn't bad. I just haven't run in forever.
Please, have you seen some of these officers? They look like they took their test at the all you can eat buffet at Shoney's. Easy to pass the PT test.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #10432
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

How bad are they with tickets? I wasn't the smartest when i was young.

And also with there credit check?
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #10433
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, from 16yrs to 24yrs-over 22 speeding tickets. The credit check will kill you if you have a bk or very bad credit.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #10434
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm not too worried about any of the tests. I more worried about my wife being constantly worried about me. She worries about everything as far as safety is concerned. I guess the fact that she grew up with her dad working for the DA's office for a few years in Reno has something to do with it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #10435
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm not too worried about any of the tests. I more worried about my wife being constantly worried about me. She worries about everything as far as safety is concerned. I guess the fact that she grew up with her dad working for the DA's office for a few years in Reno has something to do with it.
Have you ever had to work down around Lake Mead and Hollywood? Drove by there the other day and I saw guys who looked like the mexicans right out of training day. Scarey.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #10436
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I can barely do 5 pushups. I believe they make you do 20 in 3 minutes....
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #10437
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Well, from 16yrs to 24yrs-over 22 speeding tickets. The credit check will kill you if you have a bk or very bad credit.
The tickets are what i think will hold me up. When i was 16 i had a very fast mustang. Very long story but i learned the hard way had a couple hundred tickets lost my license for a wile. Everything from parking to street racing. Think i may want to look at another career.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #10438
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
20 in 3 minutes? Wow. Why can't you do more pushups? Were your pectorals removed or were you in a bad accident?

All this workout talk makes me have to go to the gym . Off to the Y to scare all the little black kids.
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #10439
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
you still havent worked on that? Or was that pullups?

Unread 05-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #10440
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
The tickets are what i think will hold me up. When i was 16 i had a very fast mustang. Very long story but i learned the hard way had a couple hundred tickets lost my license for a wile. Everything from parking to street racing. Think i may want to look at another career.
how the hell do you get a couple hundred tickets?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.