Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 691 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #10351
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Junior Seau killed himself this morning.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...182120394.html

Unread 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #10352
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

yeah last year they dinged my wife almost $900 for an overpayment on a deployment to Iceland in 2002.... it was almost 9 years ago. We were just like wtf, esp when the just take it out of one paycheck with no notice.
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #10353
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The ex-linebacker's girlfriend found the NFL legend with a fatal shotgun wound to the chest... ...Reports indicate that a handgun was found by Seau's side.
I smell foul play afoot.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #10354
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
yeah last year they dinged my wife almost $900 for an overpayment on a deployment to Iceland in 2002.... it was almost 9 years ago. We were just like wtf, esp when the just take it out of one paycheck with no notice.
Finance is awesome!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #10355
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Probably so. A chest GSW seems unlikely for a suicide. It can be done, but people commiting suicide are trying to stop pain. Not add to it. Direct hit to the heart is fast, but painful.
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #10356
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

What are you using to murder these poor, innocent pigeons?
BB gun for the pigeons an a .22 pistol with .22 short
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #10357
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Probably so. A chest GSW seems unlikely for a suicide. It can be done, but people commiting suicide are trying to stop pain. Not add to it. Direct hit to the heart is fast, but painful.
I just find it odd that he died of a shotgun wound but police found a handgun. Seems to me that they would have found a shotgun unless it was a Taurus Judge.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #10358
sirhk100

Who knows if the info being reported about Seau's death is accurate at this point. It's probably full of errors with media all trying to be first to the bit with the info. Him driving himself off the cliff a few years ago sure seemed like a suicide attempt when you read the details yet he claims he fell asleep...

Power, nobody complains about a .22 going off in the back yard? I've never shot a .22 short, are they that much quiter then a .22LR? I know the .22 LR's in my glock conversion would get some attention and I live on the edge of the ghetto where that type of thing should be over looked! LOL

Polyurethane... If you're putting it in anything I'd suggest putting a grease fitting into the equation unless you like loud squeaking.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #10359
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Who knows if the info being reported about Seau's death is accurate at this point. It's probably full of errors with media all trying to be first to the bit with the info. Him driving himself off the cliff a few years ago sure seemed like a suicide attempt when you read the details yet he claims he fell asleep...

Power, nobody complains about a .22 going off in the back yard? I've never shot a .22 short, are they that much quiter then a .22LR? I know the .22 LR's in my glock conversion would get some attention and I live on the edge of the ghetto where that type of thing should be over looked! LOL

Polyurethane... If you're putting it in anything I'd suggest putting a grease fitting into the equation unless you like loud squeaking.
.22 short is a little louder than a bb gun. I only used it on the rat, and it was about midnight, do no one was around to hear it. .22 short is really quiet.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #10360
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Davidson-where was it that you went recently that had a steep incline? Was it in the myna where it would be cool weather? I'm thinking tht would be better suited for Saturdays run. Who all is interested?
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #10361
sirhk100

I'll be out at Nelson Sat afternoon/evening. Camping out there with a group of about 40-60 people. Everything from dirt bikes to jeeps to race trucks to quads. Basically just a huge group of offroaders doing their thing. Cause of that... I'm out for Sat day runs. I'm taking my truck and bike on Sat. Should have my jeep back together tomorrow night though again. Yes, it's apart for about the upteenth time since thanksgiving. I think I wrench on it more then I drive it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #10362
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Davidson-where was it that you went recently that had a steep incline? Was it in the myna where it would be cool weather? I'm thinking tht would be better suited for Saturdays run. Who all is interested?
It was Angel's Peak, 2000 feet in the last 2 miles. Rises up to 8700 or so feet if memory serves. Much cooler, and awesome views. Just found out the wife and kid might be out of town on Saturday, so I might just be freer than normal.
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #10363
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

The views from up there are very impressive.
Angels peak has some awesome views, I've got some great pics from there over the past 30 years or so; Dad worked inside of that radar station (golf ball looking building) on the peak up until 4 or so years ago. Lots of memories there playing with old radar equip, running around in the old military bunk house & guard shack, etc. Haven't been up in a while though, next time there is a run out that way it would be fun to tag along.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #10364
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
I wish. That might be worth something. A saber claw would be around 4-6 inches and looks nothing like this.

It really looks like a black bear claw, but there aren't any around here.
Probably some cub scouts claw from his kerchief slide or something and now he is home crying his eyes out 'cause YSB snagged it before he could go back and find it.
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #10365
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Ditto on the squeaking.. I have greased my joints a million times but my rig squeaks and squeals like a little boy in YSB's hands every time I go offload.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.