Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 690 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #10336
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Pics of toe carnage plz
Do you have a foot fetish?

I knew a guy with one. I never understood that. I like to see things I don't have. I have feet.

Unread 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #10337
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Anybody here know if I can use a ball joint press to press in a factory style track bar bushing? I am going to try either way, and I have a 2 piece bushing coming in case it doesn't work. I just want to know if anybody has tried it.

IF it is not too bad you could probably get away with using a bench vise and some 2x4's. Heck if don't have a vise you could always use a floor jack against the frame. Total red neck
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #10338
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey Ysb....remember your serial killer comment last week? Yeah, well, uhm, yeah! It's actually true for the pigeons. Got another one today. That's three in two days! Waiting for more! Is that sick? Oh well!
You seem to take obscene pleasure in killing pigeons. I'm sure it's something far more sinister than pest control. Something probably happened to you in your childhood to make you focus on them.

This will probably give you wood.
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #10339
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am replacing the whole bushing. I can't afford the lift I want and my track bar bushing is very well worn. Between that and replacing my cats this weekend, I have my work cut out for me.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #10340
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

You seem to take obscene pleasure in killing pigeons. I'm sure it's something far more sinister than pest control. Something probably happened to you in your childhood to make you focus on them.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-GSbAEDNsE
Mwahahahahahah(for thirty seconds straight) I WANT ONE!!!!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #10341
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I am replacing the whole bushing. I can't afford the lift I want and my track bar bushing is very well worn. Between that and replacing my cats this weekend, I have my work cut out for me.
Can you soap it up and use some heat on the TB then press it in with a socket?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #10342
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-GSbAEDNsE
It's ONLY pigeons though. The sparrows eat my grass seed an I just scare them off, but the pigeons have to die! Filthy creatures! Like the whores of the bird world, but the totally VD whores! Theres my mo! Pigeons! Ha! The cop down the street commented on it, and I was like "huh, there's a dead pigeon!" and he was like yeah, the more we can kill the better! And I was like, uhh, yeah!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #10343
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
It sounds redneck, but if you have a big c-clamp, that would work too. I've been wanting to get polyurethane bushings, but haven't sprung yet. I know they are great, at least for street cars.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #10344
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yea, big c clamp and a socket.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #10345
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If your susp is getting worn out, I have an extra set of control arms and all new bushings for a TJ. They just need to be pressed in. I am pretty sure the hobby shop on base has a press.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #10346
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the bushing sitting in the freezer. I'll heat up the track bar and attempt my ball joint press with a socket. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw in the two piece bushing.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #10347
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

.....That's TWO more! Mwahahahahahah!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #10348
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
It sounds redneck, but if you have a big c-clamp, that would work too. I've been wanting to get polyurethane bushings, but haven't sprung yet. I know they are great, at least for street cars.
poly is good if you ensure that they are kept lubed. But they do make the ride much rougher, which can be compensated by using a tire with a larger sidewall and lower load rating.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #10349
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is really just my track bar with a worn bushing. I should have the money for the lift I want in the next couple of months, just had a lot come up in the last couple of months that I couldn't have foreseen. Stuff like finanace at my last base screwing something up and me suddenly making $700 less a month than I should have been.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #10350
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
.....That's TWO more! Mwahahahahahah!
What are you using to murder these poor, innocent pigeons?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.