Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 685 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #10261
sirhk100

If you don't know about them... Try calling these guys too. The amount of parts they have on hand is always surprising to me! They have the t-case I really want for $900!!!! Heck of a lot cheaper then a 4:1 for my NP231 or a atlas that's for sure!

http://www.daveysjeeps.com/specials.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #10262
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Here is the ebay listings for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-wrangle...ca6fc8&vxp=mtr

Including the Bestop ones for 07-10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bestop-Door-...5b664f&vxp=mtr

thanks, the first one is for a 2 door kit and I have a 4 door.

here is a good link for the bestop surrounds http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_9540_07.htm

if you read the specifics they do fit 07-12's... but they only work with the 10-12 factory tops, not the 07-09
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #10263
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay, I need some camping ideas.

My sister is coming into town for a week, and we want to g somewhere this weekend.

Not something local (no mt. charleston).

I've already been to Panaca, Pioche, Ely (several times), Death Valley, Mt. Charleston, Zion (few times), Carpenter Canyon, and some others.

Looking for something within "jeep distance" (not much more than 4 hours each way).

We WERE looking at Grand Staircase/Escalante, but it looks like there only 2 "improved" campgrounds (White House being one) and that only has 5 camp sites, so it'll likely be full. The only issue with primitive camping is that it requires a permit. I dont care if there are terlets or dumpstahs, thats not a concern to us.

Considering maybe Bryce Canyon, but thats beyond jeep distance and is at 8000' elevation. Also will likely be busy.

Zion is always an option because there is plenty to do there, but all the reservable sites are reserved...

I wanted to go to Pine Valley, but it's closed.

We were considering Sequoia, but that is like 7 hours away, thats a long trip for a 2 day excursion.

Any suggestions within 2-4 hours? All it has to be is a place to camp (legally) with some trails and stuff for us to hike. It'd be cool if it were off the beaten path even.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #10264
sirhk100

• Prescott National Forrest. Camp at the white spars camground. Tons of exploring to do in the forrest there and from that campground you're close to town so it's a quick easy run in if you wanted for supplies or meals. Temps this time of year should be about perfect! The run to crown king is awesome and makes for a great lunch destination! Probably pushing the distance you want to go though.
  • escalante is awesome! Just don't get flash flooded out of the slot canyon if you hike it like we did.
  • I did a race in Central, Ut (the town, not the middle of the state) and it was an awesome area. The terrain we raced thru was pretty neat from what I was able to take in while actually racing a dirt bike. LOL I would think there's stuff to explore up there. There was a river and reservoir too that I saw.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #10265
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I would think something in Utah would fill your needs within 4 hrs of driving. I know there is camping around brian head and it's fairly close. Anywhere in the Dixie forest area would be nice and close to the town of Parowan. Off season as well so it shouldn't be as populated.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #10266
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

almost everything in UT doesnt open until NEXT weekend or the end of may, which id pissing me off to no end haha. I've checked everything around pine valley/dixie and its all closed.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #10267
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
  • Prescott National Forrest. Camp at the white spars camground. Tons of exploring to do in the forrest there and from that campground you're close to town so it's a quick easy run in if you wanted for supplies or meals. Temps this time of year should be about perfect! The run to crown king is awesome and makes for a great lunch destination! Probably pushing the distance you want to go though.
  • escalante is awesome! Just don't get flash flooded out of the slot canyon if you hike it like we did.
  • I did a race in Central, Ut (the town, not the middle of the state) and it was an awesome area. The terrain we raced thru was pretty neat from what I was able to take in while actually racing a dirt bike. LOL I would think there's stuff to explore up there. There was a river and reservoir too that I saw.
do you know much about the camping down around the south side of Escalante? Like I said, only 2 campgrounds are actual campgrounds and they only have a few sites each. I'd hate to drive out to Kanab UT and have to turn around.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #10268
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I would think something in Utah would fill your needs within 4 hrs of driving. I know there is camping around brian head and it's fairly close. Anywhere in the Dixie forest area would be nice and close to the town of Parowan. Off season as well so it shouldn't be as populated.
Agreed there is abundant camping around Brian Head. Or you can try Duck Creek Utah area. I donít think the camp grounds are open yet but it is national forest so you can camp anywhere. Just pack warm the highs right now are around 55 and the lows are still down in the 20ís
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #10269
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking Duck Creek myself
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #10270
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

closed.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #10271
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

almost all of it is Memorial day - labor day

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #10272
sirhk100

Actually I don't know much about camping up there. Both times we went we backpacked it and camped in the canyons. Never even looked into actual campground info cause that just wasn't the plans basically.

Unread 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #10273
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

how about the north rim of the grand canyon?
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #10274
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
how about the north rim of the grand canyon?
I concur!
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #10275
sirhk100

Even to Williams, Arizona for a weekend wouldn't be too bad if you didn't want to do the run down 89 into prescott. There's LOTS of jeep trails to explore, you could do a day/afternoon trip up to the grand canyon, the town itself is small and pretty cool. It's not much over 200 miles out to there. Northern Az in general offers a lot for weekend trips imo that a lot of people don't take advantage of for some reason. Seems like most just instantly think Utah and forget that we're close to that stuff too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.